corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B flexi Hoses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B flexi Hoses
misterchase

User status: Offline
4th May 09 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello All,

My GF's Corsa B has failed it's MOT on rear flexi, hoses. Common prob apparently. Anyone got any tips on changing them before I start? can anyone tell me what size pipe spanner i need?

Many thanks in advance

MC
barneykarl

4th May 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to fit st/steel hoses on the rear yesterday untill I saw what a poxy job it would be, on the front it was 17mm and 10mm but the nut on the brake pipe side can round off very easy so be carful use penetrating fluid not wd40 and let it soak in for a long time, I would let a garage do it to be honest also they will have to be bled out.
alan-g-w

4th May 09 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as you're careful and using the correct tools there's no need for a garage to do it.
NORRIS-07

4th May 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got mine done at my dads garage the other day, and yes as soon as theyve been put on the brakes have to be bled so your better off getting a garage to do it
csifku

8th Jun 15 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barneykarl
I was going to fit st/steel hoses on the rear yesterday untill I saw what a poxy job it would be, on the front it was 17mm and 10mm but the nut on the brake pipe side can round off very easy so be carful use penetrating fluid not wd40 and let it soak in for a long time, I would let a garage do it to be honest also they will have to be bled out.

true, i did round them but wanted to bin them anyway. still got the car Karl. not any pictures of update yet but soon will let you know when i finish the project but will come down to show u what iv done

New Poll