corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Momo steering wheel on my corsa b with airbag?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Momo steering wheel on my corsa b with airbag?
Plymouth_Corsa

User status: Offline
15th Feb 03 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody done this? Well, someone must have done - you got instructions? How do you get old steering wheel off? How long do you disconnect the battery for? How do you disconnet the light? Take bulb out?

All advice appreciated, thanks.
flame

26th Mar 03 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need to take off the steering wheel shroud first, then disconnect the battery( some people say 1 minute some say 24 hrs- I left mine about 15mins) and then there are 2 torx bolts in the back of the steering wheel to remove the airbag.. just pop out the connector in the back of the unit and the airbag is gone!! I havent been able to get the steering wheel itself off yet tho....
flame

26th Mar 03 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yea and take the airbag fuse out of the fusebox so that the light goes out on the dashboard...
furey

26th Mar 03 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and dispose of/store the airbag propperly. they are pretty punchy, officialy you have to store them in an explosives locker (or so i have been told).

New Poll