corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help with 2nd and 4th gear?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with 2nd and 4th gear?
ripley

User status: Offline
30th Apr 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all just about finishing my x20xev into my corsa. all thats left is the gear linkage its on and can get R/1/3/5 but 2nd and 4th will go in but at a push. i found this on the net and can any one shed some light >>> Just take the linkage from your old gearbox and place it on the new one. Depending on what type of linkage you have there is a small modification you will need to do to the steel backing plate just in front of where it connects underneath the car. On the backing plate there is a lip on the top facing about 45 degrees forward and on the bottom its facing 45 degrees in the opposite direction. You need to hammer both lips straight to match the rest of the plate making it totally horizontal otherwise it will foul the steering rack and wont let you engage 2nd and 4th gear without a fight. >>> me again i think know but not sure any input thanks terry.
Torsa g

User status: Offline
30th Apr 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where the linkage attaches to the gearbox selector shaft extend that part of the linkage about an inch and you should be fine as its foulin the steering rack, but if you extend it tooo much it will foul on the other side of the SR so you wont get 1,3,5, get some one top operate it for you and look under the car ul understand abit then!!!

New Poll