corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cant get 2nd or 4th after xe convertion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cant get 2nd or 4th after xe convertion
notts_v6

User status: Offline
16th Apr 05 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi
I have just done the c20xe convertion in my 1.2 corsa and i cant get 2nd or 4th gear i can only get reverse, 1st, 3rd and 5th.
I have welded 15mm into the linkage and the bar, plus i have gear box spacers...
I dont want to get rid of the spacers and i know it can be done with them still in so please help as i wanna good spin in it tomorrow.

Dan
miles

16th Apr 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to adjust the linkage. Check haynes, for the procedure with a 4.5mm drill bit.
Twiggy

16th Apr 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a quick shift from LMF and that does the job, sounds like its touching some thing as its a on one side of the gears??
AdamF
Premium Member

16th Apr 05 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some one to do the gears while you look whats going on. the linkage bends slightly towards the rack so the likely hood is when you pull it back to engage 2nd the linkge fouls the rack and wont go all the way back.

it also could be the clutch cable getting in the way. i had this problem on mine make sure the cable is hooked on the bracket out of th way.
lee mitchell

16th Apr 05 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

/\/\/\ as adam says it fails the rack. take of the likage and the arm that if fouling the rack is bet slightly back towards the rack. get a hammer and straighten it out. this will sort it

New Poll