corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » nissan micras..........

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author nissan micras..........
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Oct 04 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok was on the private test track section of the m1 tonight doing 90gleptons per hour and i over took two micras, a few moments later they were sat on my arse so i booted it and couldnt loose them till 110 gleptons, proper rapid little mofo's my corsa 140bhp 1.6, what kinda engine conversions do these micrsa have, they were s reg ones, had sri badges on them, sounded beefy. please dont comment about dangeous driving as i stated above it was on a private road and i was doing gleptons/hr not mph!
R Lee

29th Oct 04 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

micra pete loves his micra's. i'm sure he'll know

broster
Premium Member

29th Oct 04 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes MICRA PETE where are you!
J da Silva

29th Oct 04 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

110Gleptons = 55 mph of course, just for those who think Broster was being naughty
Dom

29th Oct 04 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remember they are made out of paper mache, so there gonna be nippy what ever engine they've got.

however, you can do the usual TBs and turbo mods and i believe a 2lt engine from one of the other nissan rice burners fits
broster
Premium Member

29th Oct 04 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, yes ever so glad you foud the "correct" conversion rate!
R Lee

29th Oct 04 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

supercharger ?
Dom

29th Oct 04 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GoldPenguin
supercharger ?

well a german company does a turbo conversion for a 1.2 corsa, so im sure you could bodge a supercharger onto a 1lt micra
broster
Premium Member

29th Oct 04 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
remember they are made out of paper mache, so there gonna be nippy what ever engine they've got.

however, you can do the usual TBs and turbo mods and i believe a 2lt engine from one of the other nissan rice burners fits

light ok, id expect it to be fast off the lights etc, but not at 100 ish....
broster
Premium Member

29th Oct 04 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fastest standard one is only 80bhp. 106 top end and 11.5 to 60, this was faster than that.
J da Silva

29th Oct 04 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the 1.3litre micras are nippy little buggers.
broster
Premium Member

29th Oct 04 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah true, but this was fast above 60....its hard to explain lol. i wish to find the boys and ask them lol
leeshez

29th Oct 04 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster
Premium Member

29th Oct 04 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leeshez

no laughing matter! i am shocked that a micra can do this speed lol
Dom

29th Oct 04 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will probably find its a 2lt rice burner, just did a google and i know theres deffor a 1.6 convertion for them (which can be turbo'd, TB'd etc) and im pretty sure about the 2lt convertion, but dont know alot about nissan's....its not as if im ever gonna buy one so
broster
Premium Member

30th Oct 04 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah same as. proper little sleeper, bet its quick off the lights.... suprise a few cars, any websites for micras?
ljames555

30th Oct 04 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
yeah true, but this was fast above 60....its hard to explain lol. i wish to find the boys and ask them lol

sorry it was my grandma and grandad they feed there micras mints and they just go and go
Dom

30th Oct 04 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
yeah same as. proper little sleeper, bet its quick off the lights.... suprise a few cars, any websites for micras?

yea...

only websites ive come across are ones on how to repair them bodwork can be repaired with 1 part water to 2 parts PVA

[Edited on 30-10-2004 by VisibleMan]
broster
Premium Member

30th Oct 04 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol! all good fun!
greycorsa

30th Oct 04 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the SR's are 1.3 16v
Joff

30th Oct 04 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that why you ran out of fuel?

When you said you were going to fly off, I didn't realise you were literally going to fly off into the distance. My poor 106.2 bhp couldn't compete so I went home a different way in shame
broster
Premium Member

30th Oct 04 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, yeah my i totally flew away haha, ran out of petrol and coasted into the petrol station was major major close, told you i could get there and back on one tank pmsl!
micra_pete
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello

right then, tuned wise, just ball park figures from the 1.3's

mildish n/a - 105-110 (mine was just over 110, and could keep up with many "faster" car)

high tune n/a - 140 - 150

turbo 150+

i know of a couple of 1.8t micra's, and a couple of 2.0 (150bhp)

i have a couple of friends in taiwan that have the sr20det (220bhp) or the sr20ve (200bhp) i dont know of anyone over here with this conversion, however i can be done, so perhaps it has been done.

the thing to remember is our cars weigh about 800kg, so whatever we to, we have nippy cars if we tune them
micra_pete
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a point we only would need 114bhp to match your power to weight. (assuming you have a 980kg weight)
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is a micra engine

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » nissan micras.......... 22 database queries in 0.1939991 seconds