corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Cheap houses 'back in the day'

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cheap houses 'back in the day'
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Feb 09 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SL4, find me a nice 2 bed semi in a nice area (Slough is not allowed) under 200k.

Go
John

21st Feb 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's more difficult to find a 'nice area' without knowing the area.

Deanos postcode just shows this 'I wish i lived up north attitude' is a lot of rubbish.

No you can't get a 4 bedroom with a double garage in your parents street for 150k, you can go to the not as good surrounding areas the same as anywhere else though, ie Scotland, The North and get one for cheap, the same as the majority of the country.
Ben G

22nd Feb 09 at 02:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing cheap in the RM14 area

good thing is my cars going end of march so i can start saving really can't stand living under my parents roof with my girlfriend anymore.
dannymccann

22nd Feb 09 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As John said its very difficult to find a house in an area you dont know Even where I live now (and have done for the last 3 years) I dont even know what parts of the city are called what Makes house hunting a shade difficult
deano87

22nd Feb 09 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Obv I dunno what you are looking for, but I would say you are fairly limited by the lack of choice under 100k when the majorit of them look either like caravans or shared ownership between 25% - 50%

And when I won't have alloys on my car in the morning of first moving in
deano87

22nd Feb 09 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It's more difficult to find a 'nice area' without knowing the area.

Deanos postcode just shows this 'I wish i lived up north attitude' is a lot of rubbish.

No you can't get a 4 bedroom with a double garage in your parents street for 150k, you can go to the not as good surrounding areas the same as anywhere else though, ie Scotland, The North and get one for cheap, the same as the majority of the country.

Granted there are properties. But within a 5 mile radius as I wouldn't want to particularly move that far, there is nothing.
mwg

22nd Feb 09 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
danny and matt, you're gits for living up north. If you're bored, my postcode is SG18, look for properties in the area

Try the lake district. Thats up north and certainly isn't what I would call a cheap place to get a house
dannymccann

22nd Feb 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Obv I dunno what you are looking for, but I would say you are fairly limited by the lack of choice under 100k when the majorit of them look either like caravans or shared ownership between 25% - 50%

And when I won't have alloys on my car in the morning of first moving in

Do your own research then
deano87

23rd Feb 09 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done my own research and no places in the immediate vicinity are really expensive. I was merely showing you lot except you went as far a field as Luton

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll