corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Whos rents a house?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whos rents a house?
linz

User status: Offline
11th Nov 05 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking to rent a place soon, and i'm just wondering how much people pay in leccy, gas, council tax each month on top of rent? I know its going to be quite expensive, tnanks in advance
Dione J

11th Nov 05 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might aswell try get a place as im mortgage if you can, as the amount you would be paying out in rent is just not worth it
linz

11th Nov 05 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know. i would rather do that but i just dont earn enough at the moment to get a mortgage
CCA

11th Nov 05 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless you have no other option but to rent then i would say stay at home and try and save as much money as you can for a deposit for a house or to put towards solicitor fees and get a 100% mortgage
Ally

11th Nov 05 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Linz, i was going to rent but have decided against it i was looking @ £500 pcm rent plus £300 bills (everything)

but now im having a 420 mortgage on a 72k house, with approx 350 in bills a month

I know the prospect of getting a mortgage is daunting but reasearch it before you rent, you'll be surprised, i was

Anyway -

Gas, leccy @ 50 per quater
water @ 25 a month
council tax 75 a month (varies thou, check with your local council)

Dont forget little things as well, petrol, car insurance etc etc
Tom

11th Nov 05 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bollocks I'm renting next wana see how it pans out without getting tied down. I've been looking (as i'm doing it feb/march next year depending on when our house sells) at £500 2 bed apartments with a mate split 50/50 on all bills it works out at £475ish each (that's allowing £100 for food)
Brett
Premium Member

11th Nov 05 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dead money
linz

11th Nov 05 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Ally

I know what you mean but the situation i am in at the moment i think i will have to rent.

I guess if i get a place with a mate i wouldn't be half bad spliiting costs
Ally

11th Nov 05 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Bollocks I'm renting next wana see how it pans out without getting tied down. I've been looking (as i'm doing it feb/march next year depending on when our house sells) at £500 2 bed apartments with a mate split 50/50 on all bills it works out at £475ish each (that's allowing £100 for food)

and doing that for say ... 3 years @ 475 a month = 17100

17 grand tom just gone, u get nothing back.....
Ally

11th Nov 05 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by linz
Thanks Ally

I know what you mean but the situation i am in at the moment i think i will have to rent.

I guess if i get a place with a mate i wouldn't be half bad spliiting costs

you could get a mortgage in your name and have your mate as a lodger untill you are settled enough to make the payments yourself

Your local council may do a help 2 own scheme as well, take a look into that

But if you really cant get a mortgage then just rent, but not for ages

I rented back in swindon with a friend, it was £500 pcm plus bills which worked out @ 350 each which isnt too bad
Cosmo

11th Nov 05 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

A mortgage isnt being tied down, just sell up and pay it off. It'll be cheaper than renting and might make a little bit of cash over a couple of years.
CCA

11th Nov 05 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work with a bloke who is 25, he owns 4 houses already but still lives with his parents.
The first house he got a mortgage with his sister and rented it out through the council. He has done this with the other three but they are in his name alone, and houses here are not cheap but he hasnt paid any of the mortgage repayments out of his own pocket.

A mortgage does not necessarily tie you down as you can rent the house/flat out but then it depends how much you want to have your own freedom and move out of home.
Cosmo

11th Nov 05 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CCA
I work with a bloke who is 25, he owns 4 houses already but still lives with his parents.
The first house he got a mortgage with his sister and rented it out through the council. He has done this with the other three but they are in his name alone, and houses here are not cheap but he hasnt paid any of the mortgage repayments out of his own pocket.

they are different mortgages to a normal one. They arent worked out on your income, but the rentable value of the house. Anyone can do this aslong as you've enough for the deposit.

You can make big money, but normally the rent just covers the mortgage and enough to pay for the upkeep of the houses. The money tends to be made if and when the house value rise and you sell - but then you pay big taxes!!
Tom

11th Nov 05 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy to let you need a big deposit.

I can't get a decent mortgage cos' of my credit history plus I have no deposit. I'm only 22 ffs I have enough to play around and Ally £17000 for 3 years living ina house is fine with me only it's not actually £17000 it's more like £9000 cos' I'd be paying bills in another house
Ally

11th Nov 05 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom, its your choice in what you do i was just telling you how much money you'd be paying its alot to get nothing out of at the end

Im 19 and have a mortgage, but its no biggie to me as i plan to lease the house im buying in a few years time and move up to a bigger house once ive got married and popped a few kids out

[Edited on 11-11-2005 by Ally]
City

11th Nov 05 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

water @ 25 a month

Ally

11th Nov 05 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by City