corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe problem. timing??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe problem. timing??
gordo

User status: Offline
1st Feb 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi folks, can you guys tell me if the timing on the x16xe is set to the same as on a gsi? as the workshop manual i have doesnt cover my engine. just i have it set for the gsi spec but sounds like it out. then i rev it it wants to die and give the odd pop. also it is smoking badly. not sure if its cause the head has just been put on it and it hasnt run in months. before i fitted the head i had it pressure tested and skimmed so the head is fine and was hardly any play in the pistons. any suggestions.

thanks guy.
gordo

2nd Feb 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant anyone help me out?
barneykarl

2nd Feb 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say tdc is tdc on any engine , i should imagine the gsi would be the same as a x16xe, not had to do mine but sure there are peeps on here who know this sort of stuff.
jonakamad

2nd Feb 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the valve stem oil seals mite be going if its smokin
john_c20xe

2nd Feb 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

play in the pistons? what u mean?

valve stem oil seals only smoke on start up and when u boot it after rolling down a steep hill,

it it smokes when u giv it some then it will be piston rings no dout.

and on a gsi? what engine in the gsi? as i have a gsi with a x16xe! the timing marks are the same as c16xe.

the cams should have small notches in them and should be facing each other!

there will be a mark on the crank witch corrasponds to the plastic cover

New Poll