corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16 xe lagging on accelleration/revving

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16 xe lagging on accelleration/revving
govinda

User status: Offline
21st Aug 08 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when revving as you can hear on the video it lags/hesitates until just after 2500 rpm, i've had the car plugged into a snap on code reader and a sykes code reader just to see it there was anything going to appear as a fault but none of them found any error codes and the eml is`nt on

Also when you rev it very slowly it will do it as normal, so it got me thinking that it may be a fuel related problem as when i rev that bit more quicker it just coughs and splurts.

any help is very much appreciated

vid 1

vid 2

[Edited on 21-08-2008 by govinda]
luke85

21st Aug 08 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds on the video like its mis firing, is that whats happening? What condition are your plugs and leads in?
govinda

21st Aug 08 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the leads are fine and the plugs are just new
jimmymc

22nd Aug 08 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would check the woodruff key on the crank bottom pulley id put 50 quid on it that its worn!
govinda

25th Aug 08 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks i'll get that checked , but surely if that was worn would the crank sensor not kick out a fault because the timing would be out?
mattievRS

25th Aug 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by govinda
Thanks i'll get that checked , but surely if that was worn would the crank sensor not kick out a fault because the timing would be out?

no it wouldnt as the crank sensor is still giving a reading as its still working properly.Its just the wrong signal.As jimmymc said its going to be the keyway on the crank pulley.Had it on mine a while back,vaux sell the kits now which consists of the pulley and the timing cog bit as it was apparently a design flaw.Think theyre around 80 quid but worth it.

[Edited on 25-08-2008 by m17tty]

govinda

25th Aug 08 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m17tty
quote:
Originally posted by govinda

no it wouldnt as the crank sensor is still giving a reading as its still working properly.Its just the wrong signal.As jimmymc said its going to be the keyway on the crank pulley.Had it on mine a while back,vaux sell the kits now which consists of the pulley and the timing cog bit as it was apparently a design flaw.Think theyre around 80 quid but worth it.

So shall i get a new woodruff key or iz it better just replacing the whole lot?
mattievRS

26th Aug 08 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a new outer pulley and inner timing crank cog aswell as a new crank pulley bolt.

If the woodruff key has slipped or worn then i would imagine the crank pulley and keyway in the cog are both fucked.
govinda

26th Aug 08 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks m8 i'll get it checked and post the outcome
govinda

7th Sep 08 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesterday i went ahead with trying to sort out this problem, finding out that the timing was out about 1 tooth. i bought a new bottom timing cog and woodruff key and fitted them, then got the timing all set up again and put it all back together then started her up to find i still have the same fookin problem! so i am just going to try a new coil pack and better ht leads

unless any1 else has any idea to what this problem may be??

New Poll