corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » which is a better engine c16xe or x16xe?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author which is a better engine c16xe or x16xe?
jamie m

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 07 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my girlfriends head gaskets gone on her x14xe in her tigra and instead of doing it im just going to fit a 1600 16v in, problem is i was going to put an x16xe in as it already has an x14xe in so all i need is a ecu chip from the key and x16xe engine, but theres none available so would a c16xe engine be a better option as they seem to be easier to get hold of, which is the better engine c16xe or x16xe?? cheers
coke-gsi16v

3rd Dec 07 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c16xe mate, much stronger an quicker
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Dec 07 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only the heads that are differnet and the inlet manifold (its plastic on the c16). C16 appartently has better designed ports.

Not much in it really 1-2 bhp at the most. and seeing as they are both probably be second hand units I would doubt you would notice.

I would have an x16 as it will be newer and there is a rumor that some of the early c16's had problems that lead to the piston rings going.

Ive got a c16 head on an x16 bottom end so the best of both

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ellis

3rd Dec 07 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Early C16's were subject to a re-call so i've been told
Vaux Lad

3rd Dec 07 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by coke-gsi16v

Stronger, how

C16 suffered from undersized pistons, so were re-called originally.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Dec 07 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both are good, neither is stronger than the other, x16xe is newer.

just get a good low milage x16.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Dec 07 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by coke-gsi16v

It's not stronger, if anything, it'd be weaker due to Vauxhall messing it up at the start.

And it's not quicker because of the engine, the only reason it would be quicker is because the GSi weighs less than the sport, the C16XE in a Sport would perform the same as an X16XE.

The C16XE has a better head design than the X16XE, the ports are slightly bigger and it flows better, but the best one is the later Z16XE head, with the triangular ports, so really, the Z16XE is the better engine, as long as you use a C/X16XE inlet, or some throttle bodies.
jamie m

3rd Dec 07 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as her current engine and wiring is x14xe im wondering wether its easier to fit an x16xe with the chip transponder and ecu but use the original x14xe loom, or do i use a c16xe with ecu and x14xe loom, will that work or are the x14xe c16xe and x16xe looms differant apart from the obvious immobaliser part of the loom?
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Dec 07 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whether its c or x16 I dont think it will make a difference. I stand to be corrected though as I have never taken on something like this myself

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Dec 07 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

none of the looms/ecu's are compatible except the very late x14 and x16 and even then there is literally a handfull of those.

c16xe is not compatible with any of the x14/16 engine looms or ecu's and vice versa.

New Poll