corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VeeTwo - white 1.6 16v sport

New Poll
  <<  30    31    32    33    34  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VeeTwo - white 1.6 16v sport
corsarooney
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Feb 14 at 01:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read through the entire thread, all I can say mate is well done!
Personally I think your car is well up there with the best of them

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
RichR
Premium Member

24th Feb 14 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black standard wing mirrors and door strips off would look awesome (and very similar to my old one)
Haimsey
Premium Member

9th Mar 14 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsarooney - thanks

Rich - it's going back to sport bumpers come summer weather. Poverty spec stuff takes way too much looking after

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Haimsey
Premium Member

9th Mar 14 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a help update too.
People with brake knowledge - have a look here please
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=663459

As said before, I was on the brink of selling it all and giving up again.
However, sometimes on here you provide inspiration, other times you find it.

I found some in Coll004's thread:

quote:
Originally posted by Col004
... I've had the car for years and in all honesty it's not worth a toss to anyone else but means the world to me. I can't bring myself to sell it.

It's to sentimental to me

This, I guess, sums this car up. Given this, I won't be splitting or selling.
In fact, I've arranged to collect her a present next weekend
Just a little something (again) that I always wanted and should it be up for sale, I wouldn't be able to pass. Nonetheless, the same happened

Updates next weekend

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, as above I decided to purchase something else for the car.

If asked my ideal wheels, it would be these. Hence me biting the bullet and buying them.

Ive got the Cesaros which are of a similar style and were in essence an attempt at recreating the look of these in the absence of any up for sale.

Nonetheless, I will be keeping the Cesaros and trying to get shot of the 3 other sets of wheels I currently have

Im thinking I will be gettitng them re-powder coated in an anthracite colour for practicality reasons over all but I've got the Cesaros for an 'all white' look... TBC

Pics -

A quick PS but I'm struggling on the colour change so hopefully someone in Snap Day will help me out.

On another note, I had planned on replacing a seized rear brake cylinder and swapping my front brakes from the 256mm to the 280mm set up this weekend.

But MotorSportWorld let me down with a stupid mistake. Ordered my Mintex pads and somehow they managed to cock the order of a single item up and send me out pads for a bloody Volvo!
Needles to say, when they arrived and I set to trying to get them in the callipers I wasn't too impressed.
What's more the procedure for returning an item that THEY cocked up is to purchase another set suject to a refund on return of the wrong item or return them at MY expense and then await the correct set arriving!!!! To say I'm angry having lost two really good days weather wise is an understatement.
Not recommended at all and I will be telling them this
Rant over. I currently await a response to an email.

Oh well, opinions on wheels and colour?

Marcy Marc

nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That photoshop looks brilliant with the wheels white. What are you plans to deal with the offset?

MX5 Project Thread
Haimsey
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe the offset is spot on?

Closer than ET35 on the G60's

Marcy Marc

*CorsaCal*

16th Mar 14 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks mint in white. I have to agree these are the nicest wheels for a corsa. Corsa wheels are et49, i cant see an offset on them pics.
Generation

16th Mar 14 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offset won't be an issue on these
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
I believe the offset is spot on?

Closer than ET35 on the G60's

Yeah ignore me, I was looking at that pic and in my head thinking the offset was 15. Obviously that's the diameter.

MX5 Project Thread
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice should look spot on once fitted

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Haimsey
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys.

Hoping to find a 5th but I'm feeling chances are slim...

Oh and some centre caps, there are some on eBay ATM but it's just 3 streamline carbon do a set for 160 quid luckily I'm not that mental.

[Edited on 16-03-2014 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

ArdenblueDan

16th Mar 14 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New wheels look brilliant buddy
carl roper

16th Mar 14 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got two of the raised centre caps i would sell

Ive seen single wheels on ebay a couple of times but there normall well used rally ones
BeetleGav

16th Mar 14 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really wanted a set of these for mine, should have kept my B longer instead of jumping ship straight away.

will look lovely in anthracite, be a recreation of monty which is always good
Robin
Premium Member

17th Mar 14 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Thanks guys.

Hoping to find a 5th but I'm feeling chances are slim...

Oh and some centre caps, there are some on eBay ATM but it's just 3 streamline carbon do a set for 160 quid luckily I'm not that mental.

[Edited on 16-03-2014 by Haimsey]

Carbon centres (as well as the genuine ally ones) fall out unless you glue them in.
ShEp

17th Mar 14 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Genuine-Blue-Anodised-caps-COMPOMOTIVE-alloys-MO-TH2-ML-CXR-etc-/121295603180?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c3dc805ec

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Compomotive-Alloy-Wheel-Centre-Caps-/131138244501?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item1e8872cf95

That not the caps? or is it different ones?

Will look awesome on those wheels mate, but they need to be white

[Edited on 17-03-2014 by ShEp]
Christopher

18th Mar 14 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish they were staying white :/ nice purchase though buddy
Haimsey
Premium Member

18th Mar 14 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks all.

Maybe that's why people sell sets of three then Robin! Hmm.

I'm not entirely sure on which ones I need Shep. More investigation needed, if none are found ill just buy some new metal dust caps for the centres to replace the dirty battered ones on ATM.

I was in two minds about the white, I think they'd look great but need to see.

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front wheel looks a bit off but hey ho.

I'm pretty certain they'll be going a shade of anthracite.

Finally, after chasing them up again, someone decided to sort out my brake pads for me

So, some of these...

And some of this...

Now just to get it all on the bloody car and get it back on the road. Here's to hoping the nice weather comes back!

Marcy Marc

nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heard good stuff about that superblue. Apparently not road legal in this country though?!

2l is loads isn't it? Would have thought just the 1 would be enough especially as it's dead easy to see when the new fluid is draining through so you won't waste any.

MX5 Project Thread
Haimsey
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it is, but my brother will be acquiring (stealing) some for his 172, so whilst it was 30% off at ECP i thought i'd get it

Says on the cans that its not for use on public roads etc....but from googling, a fair few use it we shall see.

[Edited on 21-03-2014 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah lots of people use it. Think it's because it's a 'race' fluid it isn't cleared for the roads, but I don't see why not. If it's better than standard stuff you're not exactly doing any harm! Only reason I didn't get it was because I got Halfords £11 Dot 4 stuff for £4 with my trade card

MX5 Project Thread
Haimsey
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bargain

This came in at £20 delivered for the two cans - with 10% topcashback so wasn't too bad.

Marcy Marc

nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bargain for the superblue too!

MX5 Project Thread

<<  30    31    32    33    34  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VeeTwo - white 1.6 16v sport 24 database queries in 0.1132429 seconds