corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VeeTwo - white 1.6 16v sport

New Poll
  <<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VeeTwo - white 1.6 16v sport
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Apr 13 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What an absolute nightmare I'm having trying to sort stuff for the car!

Must, not, give, in

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
kylesri

6th Apr 13 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems like a few people are giving in i have now getting a astra gsi now getting fed up with the corsa being off the road all the time

but hope it all works out for you
Jon_C
Premium Member

6th Apr 13 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
What an absolute nightmare I'm having trying to sort stuff for the car!

Must, not, give, in

Give in
I would buy it
Mark.W

6th Apr 13 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be silly Marc,keep going at it don't let it beat you
Haimsey
Premium Member

6th Apr 13 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not moved for over a fortnight and the more I drive the C I think to myself how nice life is doing umpteen mpg's and not caring where it's parked!

Guess I need it back on the road and thrown round a few corners on a sunny day to put a smile back on my face!

Jon it's got a few strikes left yet.

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, where to start.

Got all my goodies finally setting plans in motion....now it seems the cam cover gasket (tbc) has died oil everywhere

Looks like that'll need fixing and cleaning up now. Going through one of the patches ATM isn't it!
Hopefully a decent, positive, update will be along over the next month or so. Weather dependant as not got the garage to utilise.

I've got other goodies engine bay-wise to add on and sort, so while I'm at it....

Watch this space*

*or classifieds for a sale thread

Marcy Marc

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha i'm sure you'll be ok with everything Marc.

Been a shame with lack of updates on this. :/

Any hints of what goodies you've got?

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Haimsey
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not got much of an update but here's some pics of a bit of work so far on the Lexmaul.

Decided the matt vht look could do with a change, so was persuaded to give the wrinkle finish a go. Read a lot about different methods and saw differing results.
Anyways, gave it a crack and it turned out well IMO. Isn't ott but looks different.

Pics -

[Edited on 01-05-2013 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

M Sutton

1st May 13 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate. I think that stuff looks good, never used it but would like to give it a go.
Haimsey
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks.
It's a very static paint. Goes everywhere

Dried mine using two hair dryers on a relatively cold, slightly windy day, I reckon it would've turned of different on a hot day.
But I'm happy with it!

Marcy Marc

Jon_C
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like that.
corsa-torque

1st May 13 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks wicked, I'd love one of these for my GSi.
Nice work!
Adam C
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really liking that finish, what brand of paint did you use? Do you need a specific primer for it or will the normal stuff do?

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

2nd May 13 at 03:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice Marc,looks like it's flocked lol.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
BenC1985

2nd May 13 at 06:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good. But sounds like im not the only one wanting to do it. Im going to be buying one of beardys inlets unpainted and using that paint on it. Lol
Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd May 13 at 07:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys.

I bought a primer for it but after reading a bit, I opted against it. Tbc whether that was a good idea or not.

It's vht wrinkle finish.

Marcy Marc

SimonTW

2nd May 13 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats turned out really well. Did you cure it in the oven. It's the heating process that gives such varied results I found.
Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd May 13 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that's how I read it.

Brother cured his 172 inlet in the oven. It wrinkled more but stunk the house out
Hence my decision to use hair dryers to dry mine outside. Although once the inlet got a little warm overall it wrinkled the underneath without the need to direct heat at it really.

Marcy Marc

SimonTW

2nd May 13 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did your brother get a heavier tighter wrinkle on his or around the same as you?
Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd May 13 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks around the same in these pictures, but it has a rougher texture than mine if that makes sense.

Marcy Marc

Mark.W

2nd May 13 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the wrinkle effect.I wanted my engine cover done in this but knowing my look it would turn out to be a disaster
*CorsaCal*

17th Jun 13 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This looks beautiful mate. I love the interior!
3CorsaMeal

17th Jun 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like coal to me, not sure if i like this wrinkle stuff, does it imitate something supercars have? Am sure i've seen that finish in things like the F40 maybe
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Jun 13 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrinkle finish looks great!
Haimsey
Premium Member

1st Jul 13 at 23:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, i guess its about time for an update!

Way back when (like 10 weeks ago ) the car did this to me (as ranted about above):

So i tucked her up in the garden for some works to commence.

Took a while to get it on some ramps couldnt drive it up as its too low. Decided to jack it up and slip them under, but its too stiff for that and was literally grounded on one wheel at times scary shit.
Did it eventually. Albeit a bit dark.

The plan was to fit a slight stock pile of parts, sort other issues and get some new bits fitted too.

Old manifold off and a bit of strippage -

Found some rust on the front cross member, so this was addressed along the way.

Got to this point and had a bit of a moment. Figured there was a number of things that needed to change.
Main one being the a/c that i didnt give a damn about.

So i did this and ran away like a girl (none of the gas escaped into the atmosphere).

Rest out.

Much better. I think another new rad might be on the cards at some point.

Well, given that i now had no AC and i was intially here to swap the cam cover gasket, i got some parts ordered from AutoVaux. Great service once again.

More bits ordered:

Figured the cam cover issues may be resolved by a catch tank, tbc, but hey ho!
Fave bit

And because im anal and to match

Next point was where to fit it Didnt cross my mind at the time i ordered what I wanted as oposed to what would fit er....

Anyway, I had a plan.
Please note, give me a cereal box, straws and cellotape and I can build an ark. I think Art Attack in my youth restricted my development past cut and stick style building.
So, i set to.

It WILL go here, decided to remove the rest of the SAI pump bracket and utilise the mounting points -

End result -

Luckily, Carl is much more into the whole CAD scene and so it was over to him and with my great template and photo stating 'i want it at this angle' in hand he made it a reality

Said photo.

Progress:

Dropped off at Derwent Enamellers for powder coating. Great service.

During this time, I won these on ebay.
Totally un-intentional but given their price and me stumbling upon them with a couple of hours left, i decided to have a cheeky snipe and won, woop!

Well, given id now fitted my catch tank bracket and carbon pieces, i needed to relocate something else

Figured this out with a bit of ebaying too. Grabbed myself an Audi washer bottle and with a little bit of adjustment, it worked well.

Made the wiring a bit neater and redirected the washer bottle pump wiring

Also got a slim fan to fit.

Lexmaul got a rub down and repaint as above update.

At this point i was waiting to get a non-AC bracket so did a couple of other jobs i just hadnt got around to.
Chrome just wasnt my thing any more and didnt go with the over all theme. Flocking done by Alan (Prey) and again, great job.

Finally managed to get myself a bracket from the scrappies for a respectable £5.00
Out with the old and in with the new.

Took all of 2 seconds to confirm this was fucked.

Anyway, got that all swapped over and looking good.

Another idea popped into my head so took a trip down to Dunstable and sat in some traffic for a while..

...came back with more goodies though!

I dont have any pictures, but i purchased matt black front and rear post-97 bumpers. No reason why, just, because..

Set about fitting the rear with some help from a sleepy, wrinkly dog

Back wasnt as bad as id been expecting, so that was good, however it does need some attention at some point.

Rebuilt a fair bit, Lexmaul back on, etc.
Finished fitting the catch tank -

Ordered a Samco Classic hose for the BMC

Took the morrettes apart and renewed the ducting. Although given it now had more of an angle in it and with the new Samco, it rubbed a bit. Figured this would work.

Found this at the scrappies, the corsa i took some bits off had plastic guards all over the place. Decided i wanted one part of it, so took this.

It mounts into holes on the slam panel and sits just above the radiator. Hopefully this will catch some shit that enters the bay normally.

All built back up. Catch tank in place, washer bottle sorted, cam cover fixed, manifold on, sandwich plate sorted and wiring incorporated into the general loom.

Parts that ive now not been able to fit, but will be shortly.
Upgrading the brakes from the current 2.0 to early turbo brakes.
280mm Meriva discs arrived -

As did my nice 'new' reconditioned calipers -

(was tempted to leave them this colour, as it looked good, but decieded against it. So asked the gf (fresh from her cycling accident) to finish painting them

Early 284mm (not v6) caliper code for anyone who needs it.

All is up and running now. Just need the smell of the exhaust wrap to fade off.

Typical photo from washing off 10 weeks of dirty rain and dust:

Washed, clayed, polished and waxed after work quickly.

I like the look of it, for how long i dont know. I know people usually go the opposite way and get colour coded, so im unsure atm.

Car is booked in for a nice shiney new exhaust in a couple of weeks and so Ill have another update and better pictures then.
After thats fitted the brakes will be chucked on and ive one more thing in the pipeline but after that, that is it! No more spending on the car.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Oh, not forgetting a big thanks to Alex for his help along the way

[Edited on 01-07-2013 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

<<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VeeTwo - white 1.6 16v sport 24 database queries in 0.2067950 seconds