corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VeeTwo - white 1.6 16v sport

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VeeTwo - white 1.6 16v sport
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Jun 10 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks shaun. I'm liking it rather muchly too. Just need it running now.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, got a few loose ends tied up today.
A mate popped round to help out, polishing away he was So a big thanks to him

Shiny mushroom

And he sorted out the lexmaul too

Needed a place to mount the BMC support bracket but the wing screws were too small, so i made one.

Much nice

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And now i need help - otherwise car wont be at PVS

Filled the coolant up, it only took about 2 litres (the header tank filled up and that was it) but once id started it a couple of times i must now have about 4 litres in the system.

I started it up and left it running for a bit with the header tank cap off and the camshaft cover got quite warm quite quickly!
Figured it would have an air lock somewhere so decided to squeeze the pipes and what not to attempt to release any bubbles. Worked a bit. But the cam shaft cover was not getting any cooler only hotter.

These two pipes...

....didnt feel as though they were getting any water in at all they werent warm nor were they hard to squeeze at all.

Is there a bleed nipple on x16xe's? I cant find one anywhere.
Oh and i replaced the thermostat for a cool running one from LMF, im sure ive installed in correctly.
Any ideas?

Also the car sounded a lot louder than i remember - would the lexmaul inlet make a difference in the sound of the engine?

Any help greatly appreciated, really want her to make it to PVS

Marcy Marc

fillmecca

10th Jun 10 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wish i lived closer mate ad pop to yours and give you a hand but do best i can from here.... you need to leave it running till it gets up to normal oprateing temperature to let the thermostat got to open,bet way is to fill it up with water,pressing pipes at same time to get as mutch air out.start it up and leave it to run WITH the cap on as it need to build pressure to get water up to cam cover ect,when fan kicks in leave it to run for 1min or so turn it off,SLOWLY undo the cap to get any air out this is how i did mine and worked, as for the lexmaul inlet yes it can make it sound different.what sort of noise is it makeing??
AlexW

10th Jun 10 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^Sorry but a lot of that is wrong.

Those pipes on the cam cover are not water, they are oil breather. There is no cooling for the cam cover.

They do get fucking hot, fucking quick, you wouldnt have noticed it due to the plastic cover.

Cap off, Get it running, wait for the fan to kick in, by then it should have burped in the header tank, and thats it.

Inlet will change the note a bit. Its prob louder than you remember due to the plastic cover and also the fact you havnt heard it in a while.
fillmecca

11th Jun 10 at 02:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did i say cam cover oopps sorry i didnt mean to say that am badly dyslexia so find it hard to try put thing into word,i do know whaty am doing tho
Leiigh

14th Jun 10 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spotted this down at PVS and what a Stunning example. I'll be keeping my eye out for further progress Keep up the great work mate.
Haimsey
Premium Member

14th Jun 10 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your help, managed to get it sorted as said by you

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

14th Jun 10 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time for an update becasue PVS has been and gone and the car has reached a milestone - its there, how i wanted it.
I wouldnt say she is 'finished' becasue there are a couple of other things i still have planned, but nonetheless the car has completed the plans thus far

quote:

These are by no means a year long plan, they are long term in every sense of the word.

But here goes:
Tidy up paint work - clean it, polish it, sort out a few dings and bits and bobs Done, been done a couple of times now, mate gave it a good polish for PVS so she is looking white white white
Exhaust Done
Debadged boot Done
c/c book lock with griffin painted black - not sure how it will turn out yet though Done, turned out great imo
Grommet or Punto wiper - not decided yet as there is a bit of rust around the wiper hole Grommet done, need to sort rust out - Rust sorted now
CS stickers - at home Done
Tigra scuttle panel Done
GSI replica skirts Done
c/c handles with passenger delocked Done
My white CDX alloys Done, G60 winter wheels
Smoked lights all round Done
Debadged grille Done
Lowered -35mm on eibach springs - hopefully 60mm on coilovers soon after Coilovers
Black roof rails - already done on V947 - Not pu on yet, but am contemplating the idea of white roof rails
Pug aerial Done
V947's interior Done
Gloss black bumper tops, arch trims and skirts
2L brake set up + braided hoses Done
Front and rear strut brace Front done - Front swapped for Lexmaul strut brace
Rear ARB Done
BMC induction Done
Powerbox/Mantzel inlet of some - Done, Lexmaul
Plain plates - 3/4 front Done

Then i am tempting the idea of a black roof - Dont know about this anymore

Well, its now also had its rebuild and is running somewhat okay. Got one noise to address where the timing belt is catching the casing but ive not a clue why Other than that, it will soon be run in and going great.

PVS - nearly never made it, but with help from mum, Carl (brother), Alex (mate) and Em (gf) all got sorted in time..........just
Was booked into the hotel for the Friday and Saturday and had planned on leaving and making an afternoon of it but didnt quite work out that way.
6.30pm i had the car still in bits on the drive at home

Set off eventually but got a bit dark and having LHD lights on that arent aligned at alli was blinding pilots So thought id attempt to do something

Ghetto

Evetnually arrived at the hotel, which was full of Vauxhalls

But pizza, shower and a comfy bed was well worth the money

Arrived on the saturday nice and early

Left to watch the match at the pub connected to the hotel and then after a few pints decided that it would be okay to polish the car

Another late night which resulted in over sleeping
Arrived slightly later on Sunday

Scrubbage

Few PVS pics -
Changed a bit since PVS 2009

PVS 2010

Well, was glad to actually make it to PVS as dont think ill be able to next year due to LPC and what not.
Gave the car another wash and decided to go play with my camera again and take some pics with my day off, although everywhere i normally go was busy with people working and the clouds looked ominous so i didnt want to hang around and wait till post-5pm.

Pics came out okay tbf

Very happy with her atm, even more so when this noise is resolved and i can drive it properly.

Jobs for the future (like the next week) -
Resolve noise
Swap fuel filter
Swap top mounts and see about getting washers welded on the coilovers to fix the camber as its annoying
Play with wet suit

Plans for the future (within the next 1-2 years) -
G60's will need some love soon, couple rust spots, so will see about getting them powder coated
Light tint for rear of the car - but very light, i think around 15% but thats going on a scale ive made in my head Its nothing specific. Something like you would get standard on a couple of cars nowadays. Just to add a little something.

Other than that, just going to drive it

Thanks to everyone on here, and of course family and friends who helped out - and Alex who is probably reading this having recieved 80% of the pictures over blackberry messenger So well done for putting up with that also.

Marc

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, its been a while since there was any update what so ever.
And tbf, theres not a lot really to show or talk about.

Just been enjoying the car since its been rebuilt and run in, and why not
Took her round the track at Combe which i think the car enjoyed as much as i did

Well, updates i can add pictures to are -

Tax disc holder ive always wanted a new one but never got there, knew what i wanted and went everywhere looking for it and found it at the last place i resorted to going to........Halfrauds

Before

After

Plain and simple, perfect

Car was due an oil change after the rebuild at 1000 miles, but was overdue somewhat due to going here and there so was done the other day. Finally changed the fuel filter too so thats everything i bought for the car to add/change DONE eee

Car also hit 75k but never mind, shes got a fair few in her yet!

First oil change meant i could see the impact of my magnetic sump plug!
Dont know quite what to expect but this is what i got.

Had a fair bit stuck to it, but not all of that pictured was metal filings. Impressive, i think.

And i spent today playing around being a fool Won this on the FleaBay

Plan

Done, could have done a few things different but wasnt to know and tbf its just something to mess around with for the sake of it

Thats all really, still dont have any further plans other than cleaning it and driving it ttfn

Marcy Marc

Ben G

21st Aug 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice little touch there with the key. good job.
Haimsey
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks

Marcy Marc

Sport_1

22nd Aug 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your car is awsome mate well done my white one is gettin there slowly
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That key is awesome! cars looking great at the moment! I saw it at PVS and it did look awesome!!!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Haimsey
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

31st Oct 10 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave the car a wash/clay/wax today because the rubbish weather is soon to be here standard headlights back in so i can see where im going for once just need to put front mudflaps back on.

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

31st Oct 10 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Figured i didnt want my coilovers/rear shocks getting caked up this winter, so made them some socks
Dont quite know if they will work how im imagining it, so its a bit of a test, but ill have to see.
Used a wet suit because i couldnt think of anything that was flexible and strong, plus neoprene is expensive and i could get a wet suit for free from the sailing club Not sure on whether it will retain water and cause issues or be fine - either way itll keep the dirt off
I can only drive it and see.

Comments welcome, dont expect a flaming though. (pics taken on BB so wont be too great)

Front -

Rear -

Marcy Marc

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

31st Oct 10 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beautiful car mate!

Really clean and subtle,loving the location on the last pics aswell!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Haimsey
Premium Member

31st Oct 10 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks matey

Last location was superb, but have had to bide my time to get pics there. Its not easy to drive up to a football grounds front doors all of the time

Marcy Marc

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

31st Oct 10 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its usually just open isnt it at Pride Park? Did anyone tell you to get off? lol

Haimsey
Premium Member

31st Oct 10 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it is, but recently theyve had loads of security there most of the night. Plus all sorts of functions going on and by the time they leave or the function finishes its dark
Got a few funny looks but no one said anything to me

Marcy Marc

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

31st Oct 10 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet! Might have to try it out lol,cheers mate

Generation

1st Nov 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read all of this! Great read, just goes to show, sometimes best way to learn is DIY
Haimsey
Premium Member

1st Nov 10 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks

Marcy Marc

mattievRS

2nd Nov 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could soak the socks in a pva glue and water solution then leave it to dry.It should give them some waterproofing.

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VeeTwo - white 1.6 16v sport 24 database queries in 0.1208529 seconds