corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » my maf sensor is disconnected but still runs...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my maf sensor is disconnected but still runs...
Minty_Fresh

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the maf sensor the one in the intake hose just after the airbox?

if so its not plugged in but still runs fine etc, just a little lumpy but guessing thats due to the cams..

anyone shine some light on this please..
Ellis

3rd Jan 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate ran his GSi without a MAF for about a year, cause a lumpy idle now and again and a few cut-outs but nothing serious...

EML came on mind you and most of the time it was running rich as hell.
Ren

3rd Jan 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When the MAF needed cleaning on the Audi, it went into limp mode which stopped the turbo working. Was a pain but I think it was ECU controlled as switching the engine off and on cured it... Until I put my foot down again and the turbo switched off a 2nd time. Cleaning the MAF sorted it and its a common problem with the A4.

I don't know any specifics about your car though, so I can't comment.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

3rd Jan 09 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your 1.4 Corsa doesn't have a MAF at all - it uses a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor, which is the green plug attached to the bulkhead, just about the inlet.

The sensor in the inlet pipe is an air temperature sensor IIRC, so won't make a huge difference to the running of the car, but it should improve if the sensor is working correctly.
Minty_Fresh

3rd Jan 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a power box inlet would it be needed for the air temperature sensor to be removed for this or can it be used with it?

Ellis

3rd Jan 09 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the old 1400's still use a MAP though?

But right enough; the GSi is the only one with a MAF I can think of
bieransri

4th Jan 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x14xe has a map sensor. no air flow meter.

will run better with the ats plugged in as it will then know he quality (density depending on temp) (cold air is denser than warm) of the air.

plug i in as theres no gains o be had from leaving i unplugged. sure you can still use it with the powerbox as its in the intake pipe before the throttle body

New Poll