corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » New car, problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New car, problems
Bgymn0613

User status: Offline
6th Feb 08 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sold my saxo VTR, couldnt afford it no more as im outta work, My sisters mate was selling a 1.2 SXI corsa £500 wi few problems, said why not, got few mates who are mechanics, so hopefully get it done cheap. The problems are:
Loss of power - have to stay in 2nd gear uphill and basically rev the arse off it, if i change to 3rd, it slows down gradually, and setting off at roundabouts, junctions etc, if i don't slip the clutch like hell, theres just no power there at all, even when foots down to floor. And today was
On way back from garage, it started playing up even more. Stationary, it was just under 1000 revs, put my foot down, and it went lower than 1000 revs, had to keep my foot on the accelerator and slip the clutch like hell to get going, then let clutch fully up and it just dies again. Major problem here, any help please? Looks like a blockage or somet somewhere
paul.mitchell1984

6th Feb 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel not getting through enough?
Bgymn0613

6th Feb 08 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a look with my dad think thats the problem. My mate had same problem on his, his mate replaced the fuel filter and it was fine. So thinkin it maybe same problem? Where abouts is the fuel filter on the 1.2 corsa SXI?
davec495

6th Feb 08 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think its just in front of the rear wheel on the drivers side easy 2 spot if its there hope this helps
pow
Premium Member

6th Feb 08 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 SXI. SOunds like major AFM problems. EML light?

[Edited on 06-02-2008 by pow]
Bgymn0613

6th Feb 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EML lights on yeah, but that AFM is working, my dads good with cars but not quite a mechanic, but he says its working.
pow
Premium Member

6th Feb 08 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you know that?

Sounds like its gone to me, my car wouldnt idle with a dodgy one and wouldnt pull with an old one. Get a replacement.
Bgymn0613

6th Feb 08 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is AFM same as MAF sesnor?
pow
Premium Member

6th Feb 08 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. Located just up from the airbox on the inlet
Bgymn0613

6th Feb 08 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my dad lifted this cap up whilst engine was running and it nearly cut out as air was getting in, and he said well at least we know the maf sensor is working, cos it doesn't cut out, it just won't rev hardly
pow
Premium Member

6th Feb 08 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats bollocks. Its a electrical part that could be getting incorrect readings. Unplug it and see if it runs better
Bgymn0613

10th Feb 08 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for bumping this old thread but still need help.
Ok i changed the fuel filter, it wasn't that, i disconnected the MAF sensor and stationary, it was revving fine, thought yey found the problem, just need a new MAF sensor. Tried driving it today, MAF sensor still disconnected, stationary, revving its ok, but setting off its just the same, soon as you let the clutch up its still the same, just dies, but i wa thinking maybe it still wouldn't run properly without the MAF sensor connected? I don't know because i don't understand cars, but nearly every1 had said its the MAF sensor so Should i still get a new sensor? Thanks for your help
phil_sutton

10th Feb 08 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds just like the MAF, it wont driver properly if you disconnect it. But will tick over ect..

If the ecu ligh tis one then there will be a code to go with that light. So get it read on a computer an that will tell you want the problem is. Thats why you engine management lights.
Bgymn0613

10th Feb 08 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye the engine management lights on but it won't make it to a garage. The closest auto electrician garage is about 5 mile away, and i can only just get to work in it which is a 10 minute walk
Bgymn0613

11th Feb 08 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for bumping again. Managed to Take car to a garage, he put it on the diagnostics thing, its coming up the EGR valve, so i left it there, he says £100+ VAT plus labour. Could the EGR valve be causing this problem?
Superlite Ltd.

11th Feb 08 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes

New Poll