corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Drink Driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drink Driving
gtitim

User status: Offline
29th Dec 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he will be looking at jail time then. magistrates dont like repeat drink drivers. most likely looking at 6 months with any luck
cesil

29th Dec 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he drives for a living aswell! told him hes a prick last time he did it but again within the week
corsa.v6

29th Dec 08 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

left hook him
richc

29th Dec 08 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cesil
he drives for a living aswell! told him hes a prick last time he did it but again within the week

How does he keep getting a job?
cesil

29th Dec 08 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doubt he'l have one for long mate, goes back work monday
nik

29th Dec 08 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How's he getting there?
Steve X16XE

30th Dec 08 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
bottom line is this as far as i am concerned:...... if you or anyone else tries to work out how much they can safely drink before driving, the correct answer is ZERO. if you only have a pint or two, you may be under the legal limit, but that doesn't mean your reactions arent affected, and it's you that lives (or not) with the consequences.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

You want a fool proof system.... how about ZERO. One pint, one shot, anything and your over the limit!
Graham88

30th Dec 08 at 03:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Jesus, I've said all along that their machines are bollocks and this proves it. That reason alone means it's not worth it because their machines aren't accurate IMO. My mate crashed his bike whilst drinking, blew 50 on their hand held machine, got back to the station, blew 60, then 85, how can you have such different readings FFS.

It doesnt go into your system straight away. His body had probably absorbed more and mroe of what he'd already consumed.

I can understand maybe the gap between the normal machine and the main machine, but there must be a few seconds gap between the 2 breaths on the main one
chris-sri

30th Dec 08 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To clear a couple of things up, The Police don't need a reason to stop vehicles. Section 163 of the Road Traffic Act gives Police Officers the power to stop any vehicle on a road to check the drivers documents. This doesn't mean that they can randomly breath test everyone though. The Police can only ask you for a specimen of breath if you have committed a moving traffic offence, been involved in a road traffic accident or if the Officer suspects you are under the influence of alcohol.

As for the accuracy of the machines, the roadside ones only give an indication and they are used to assist the Officer in deciding whether or not to arrest someone for driving whilst over the prescribed limit. The station breath test machines on the other hand are very accurate and the two specimens of breath must be within a certain range for the sample to be allowed to be used. If the samples fall outside that range (60 - 85 for example) then blood/urine should be taken instead.
Lynny

30th Dec 08 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

police have been out in force round durham, very hi-vis operation
Mobby

30th Dec 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
To clear a couple of things up, The Police don't need a reason to stop vehicles. Section 163 of the Road Traffic Act gives Police Officers the power to stop any vehicle on a road to check the drivers documents. This doesn't mean that they can randomly breath test everyone though. The Police can only ask you for a specimen of breath if you have committed a moving traffic offence, been involved in a road traffic accident or if the Officer suspects you are under the influence of alcohol.

As for the accuracy of the machines, the roadside ones only give an indication and they are used to assist the Officer in deciding whether or not to arrest someone for driving whilst over the prescribed limit. The station breath test machines on the other hand are very accurate and the two specimens of breath must be within a certain range for the sample to be allowed to be used. If the samples fall outside that range (60 - 85 for example) then blood/urine should be taken instead.

a officer could just say he suspects you to be driving under the influence everytime
richc

31st Dec 08 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So for example, my friend driving along the road last night, nothing wrong just said routine checks and breathalised him. You saying they cant do that?
harrisp

31st Dec 08 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
he will be looking at jail time then. magistrates dont like repeat drink drivers. most likely looking at 6 months with any luck

I know someone who has had three bans for drink driving yet no prison sentence.
Graeme
Premium Member

31st Dec 08 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i dont get is people who dont want to give a breath test.

If you have done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide then why not just comply, be polite and do what you are asked and you will be on your way with in 10 minutes aslong as everything is ok.

As for police around my area, well there isnt any, i live in a tiny village and policing in my village is very very small, local monthgly police reports are normally a broken sign etc.

This means that alot of people do drink drive and also dont get caught, personally if i have more than one i either wont drive to the pub or i will leave my car at the pub and get it the next day, only about 1/2 mile walk for m home.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Drink Driving 22 database queries in 0.0108571 seconds