corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Drink Driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drink Driving
Carl

User status: Offline
29th Dec 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
what shocks me is people arent questioning wether they are safe to drive of not, just scared of being caught by the police.

Thats more scary to me than someone willingly drink driving

Yea but driving the morning after (not early about, 10-11) I'm sure most people are perfectly safe to drive or atleast like they are but the chances are they are over the limit.

And you dont think the alcohol in your system affects your reaction times etc? Being over the limit means you arent fit to drive, even if its the morning after!

As does being 70 years old with big fuck off glasses and bad knees lowering the ability to brake sharply, but loads of them driving about.
Baskey

29th Dec 08 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been done twice on the way to work b4 Xmas although it's been my late excuse 4 times
Kevxx

29th Dec 08 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got stopped on xmas day ..i was fine

and last night at work my van tyre blew, believe it or not one even got a bit dirty helping me unhook the spare etc, got checked i was fine they let me go.

This thread is fucking stupid, complaining at not seeing the police pull over enough people, but when you do get pulled theres another thread complaining about how much of the "dick" they all are.
Adam_B

29th Dec 08 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx

This thread is fucking stupid, complaining at not seeing the police pull over enough people, but when you do get pulled theres another thread complaining about how much of the "dick" they all are.

where
richc

29th Dec 08 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is too much speculation about drink driving?

Its a risk you take. I dont mean go out for a night full and drive back home. I mean the next day.

How do you know when the alcohol is totally out the system. I often find i can go to bed at 3, and get up at 10 and feel fine unless it was a stupid heavy night with stupid amount of shots involved.

But i wake up at 10, i feel fine, but i cant legally drive as there will be alcohol in my system, but how do i know when its gone?

I dont keep a tally on what i drink, i can get a ruff idea but there is always the odd one here and there that gets missed off the list. And alcohol effect people differently, so does it take me 2 hours to get rid of a unit of alcohol or 1?

I think everyone should be given a breath-a-hol meter

And i often find the next day after a night out, i drive very sensible, and stick to the speed limit everywhere, checking my mirrors correctly etc. But when im sober, i seem to drive a lot faster ( i dont mean redline everywhere, just acclerate a little more down the road, gradually breaking the speed limit)
AlunJ

29th Dec 08 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was spot checks here about 3 weeks before christmas and I've seen nothing since
richc

29th Dec 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:

where

I made one a couple of months ago, but he were in the wrong, and i have since found out that my reg plates were to BS154 (think thats the standard for plates)

Also i was more pissed off with the manor of his driving, he didnt have an emergency, no blues and twos, yet felt the need to follow that close i couldnt see his headlights. O wait but being a police man, if a kid did run out in front of me, and i slammed on, the police man hit me, it would have been ok, and probably would of been done for evading the police or something

Carl

29th Dec 08 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 unit an hour your .liver sorts it. 3 to 4 units a day guide lines for men, anything over 8 is classed as a binge. To be honest its tough shit if you get caught the next day. I do it the next day when i've been out and I choose to run that risk. I drank the stuff, I controlled how much I drank and I knew what that meant for the next day and had the decision to drive or not. Not knowing if you are ok or not is no excuse, I just hope if I did get pulled the copper who have a bit of empathy and maybe get a warning, but if not i'd only have myself to blame.
Kevxx

29th Dec 08 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

where

are you kidding? at least once a week, FFS i got points for being a wee dick. type thread.
Colin

29th Dec 08 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never been breathalised in 9 years on the roads.
Jambo

29th Dec 08 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been done a few times, dont drink and drive so its all good

"feeling" fine is not a scientific way of judging if its safe to drive or not. You can feel fine after a pint, but your reaction/judgement times will be impaired. This is why theres a law
Graham88

29th Dec 08 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Z20LET
i had about 3/4 of a pint of magners the other day, Police had obviously seen my car in the pub car park, then as i left decided to pull me over , this was the first time id been breathalised with alcohol in my system, i was shitting myself!

Anyways, i blew a red light

i was nearly in tears obviously got arrested "on suspision" and got taken down to the station, and very luckily i blew 2 readings on the big machine, and passed both of them!

Ive defo learnt my lesson and will not be drinking one thing while driving! id had no Tea that night so i put it down to that.

Be careful guys

Jesus, I've said all along that their machines are bollocks and this proves it. That reason alone means it's not worth it because their machines aren't accurate IMO. My mate crashed his bike whilst drinking, blew 50 on their hand held machine, got back to the station, blew 60, then 85, how can you have such different readings FFS.
Jambo

29th Dec 08 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is shocking tbh /\

But is that due to how it reads the breath, or does your body fluctuate in toxicity?
Neo

29th Dec 08 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure James, Been tugged a few of times, never blew over the limit. The new gf bought me one of those keyring breathalisers as a joke
Fro

29th Dec 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
i had about 3/4 of a pint of magners the other day, Police had obviously seen my car in the pub car park, then as i left decided to pull me over , this was the first time id been breathalised with alcohol in my system, i was shitting myself!

i was nearly in tears obviously got arrested "on suspision" and got taken down to the station, and very luckily i blew 2 readings on the big machine, and passed both of them!

Ive defo learnt my lesson and will not be drinking one thing while driving! id had no Tea that night so i put it down to that.

Be careful guys

Jesus, I've said all along that their machines are bollocks and this proves it. That reason alone means it's not worth it because their machines aren't accurate IMO. My mate crashed his bike whilst drinking, blew 50 on their hand held machine, got back to the station, blew 60, then 85, how can you have such different readings FFS.

It doesnt go into your system straight away. His body had probably absorbed more and mroe of what he'd already consumed.
Steve X16XE

29th Dec 08 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

where

Where???

If you read the first post I say "I've not got a problem with this and to be honest it makes me realise that they are doing something for once....."

I'm not on CS every day so I don't read everyones post about getting speeding fines but this post isn't about that. I am saying that it is a good thing when they are pulling people for spot checks. If you see this and your on your way to a pub, it's going to make you think twice about having a drink or leaving your car at the pub and getting a taxi home.

So spot checks for drink driving (i think everyone will agree with me) = a good thing.
Steve X16XE

29th Dec 08 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and when Monster had his crash I had 6 pints of Lager 14 hours earlier. When i got breathalised I blue a green light. I'd had some breakfast and a light lunch before the crash.

[Edited on 29-12-2008 by Steve X16XE]
Carl

29th Dec 08 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:

Be careful guys

Alcohol doesn't instantly get into your blood though, thats why you should eat before a night out as it helps to slow down the absorbtion, It probably kicked in more buy the time he got to the station. Apply the opposite for it going down if at a different stage of processing/amount.
Bonney

29th Dec 08 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever i go to a pub if im driving i never have any alcohol. In my eyes its not worth the risk.
oceansoul

29th Dec 08 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney66
Whenever i go to a pub if im driving i never have any alcohol. In my eyes its not worth the risk.

I agree, and tbh i belive that the law in this country should be changed. In many places in europe, the level to be classed as over the limit is so low, you cant even have 1 drink. Therefore people dont drink and drive at-all.

But going back to the original topic, there have been a few traffic cars around my area, but no more than usual
John

29th Dec 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got by what I seen on that drink driving program last week, 5 pints or 5 vodka cokes is ok.
AlexSXI

29th Dec 08 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i haven't seen any police checking around colchester at all, i'm still unsure when im ok to drive the day after a heavy night though, i usually have around 4 pints, 4 vodka+cokes, and between 4-8 sambuca shots, im never up before mid-day the day after anyway but sometimes i wont drive all day, i'd like to see something introduced so you can test yourself before you drive!
gtitim

29th Dec 08 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knowing people who have experimented with a breathaliser, it is possible to be absolutely bladdered and pass the test, then again some people can have 1 pint and be over. Depends on your metabolism, liver function, stomach capacity, digestive capabilities, alcohol tolerance, amount and type of food eaten, what drinks you have drunk, and many other factors. I nkwo someone who had a fry up then about 8 pints and several shorts, and still blew under. Next day he had a couple of pints and blew over. Can never tell.
If I catch you, I have no sympathy and will happily attend court should you decide to argue with the machine, as many do. I have no issues stopping motorists, and will breathalise everyone i stop as routine. If you are over, you are not unlucky, you are an idiot for driving, be it the same night or morning after. No sympathy, enjoy the ban.
John

29th Dec 08 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are cheap breathalisers in a variety of shops and have been for a while.
John

29th Dec 08 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gtitim, although yes, if you drink drive you drink drive knowing its wrong, but from your own admission there the system is heavily flawed the same as most other things regarding the law.

I don't know how you can be proud of helping a corrupt system.

[Edited on 29-12-2008 by John]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Drink Driving 22 database queries in 0.1932540 seconds