corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Drink Driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drink Driving
Steve X16XE

User status: Offline
29th Dec 08 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Over Xmas and the New Year there are normally lots of Police out spot checking everyone and breathalising you.

I've not got a problem with this and to be honest it makes me realise that they are doing something for once other than slapping a speeding ticket on you for 31mph in a 30mph at 2am!

Now this year i've been out at night time delivery driving and I haven't seen any spot checks and only ever seen about 2 Police cars all night. Don't get me wrong this is good for making quick time for the deliverys but this also means that all the drink drivers are, well, drink driving their way home

So what is it live were you live? Are they doing anything about it?
John G

29th Dec 08 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to agree iv yet to see any spot checks, road blocks or anything.
Jordan C

Iv also noticed this! saying that last sat they were stoping every one on the way in to Dundee for Aberdeen but after that never seen anything else to make me think that theres alot of police about
Mobby

my mate always drink drives. but then again i read in the paper that they have offered some British cops in Australia money to work in Leicestershire due to lack of officers
Steve X16XE

29th Dec 08 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it's not just round here then.

For me, if i've had a heavy night drinking, i'll then not drive untill the afternoon of the next day as there could be morning checks. I've not been up and out early enough to know if there are any morning checks round here though.
Corsa_Sport21

29th Dec 08 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The GF Just pointed this out to me the other day.She was out driving on Xmas Eve,Day and Boxing day and didnt see any police cars at all.Theyr wasnt any public cars either but thats not the point.

I think they just make a fuss of it to make it look like they are going to be out in force,then just sit in the station and do nothing.
Ben-B

29th Dec 08 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobbybut then again i read in the paper that they have offered some British cops in Australia money to work in Leicestershire due to lack of officers

who in their right mind would take that offer
Mobby

29th Dec 08 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Br.ANDO
quote:
Originally posted by mobbybut then again i read in the paper that they have offered some British cops in Australia money to work in Leicestershire due to lack of officers

who in their right mind would take that offer

10,000 sterling's was offered
Ben-B

29th Dec 08 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but yea ive not seen one around my area, shocking when a biker was killed christmas eve
Willox

29th Dec 08 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plod obviously hasn't been hit by this credit crunch!
Graham88

29th Dec 08 at 02:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police were out in force on Xmas Eve but only around town, they weren't checking for drink driving just showed up in numbers to stop any trouble I think.
podgeworth

29th Dec 08 at 02:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent seen any police about for weeks to be fair
they were doing alot of spot checks about a month ago tho
did alot of people on a saturday morning
BlueCorsa

29th Dec 08 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably all eating donuts, fucking wasters.
gtitim

29th Dec 08 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are all on duty over xmas, boxing day, new years day etc, allbeit on reduced numbers due to some of us wanting holidays to spend with children, families etc. My force doesn't operate a 'spot check' where we stop and breathalise everyone - not permitted to stop vehicles without a reason, however minor.

I worked the night from xmas day into boxing, along with 4 other officers in my station. I spent most of my night dealing with drug users who i locked up while on patrol, and the other lads had a drink driver and a drunken idiot. kept us busy all night, so rather than speculate, ask maybe??

edited to add: I am working NYE and NYD and will not have time to go after drink drivers; will be too busy in town dealing with the drunken idiots who think its clever to fight or try and smash the place or each other up!

[Edited on 29-12-2008 by gtitim]
cunningham

29th Dec 08 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol my gfs sisters bf locked up a 17 year old on the 23rd for breaching his curfew ha ha serves the wee shite right

im the same there should be a zero tolerance i had about 8 single morgans and cokes on xmas night with my dad but didnt drive to the sales at 6.30 the next day isnt worth risking
Jambo

29th Dec 08 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what shocks me is people arent questioning wether they are safe to drive of not, just scared of being caught by the police.

Thats more scary to me than someone willingly drink driving
Ellis

29th Dec 08 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen far less traffic cars that I would have hoped for this time of year tbh
stubbsy05

29th Dec 08 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gfs uncle said they local police were rushed off their feet with drunken yobs but think they have pulled a couple of drink drivers
gez bay

29th Dec 08 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are out in force in my area, last nite there were 3 cars pulled over within the space of a mile or 2!
harrisp

29th Dec 08 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
what shocks me is people arent questioning wether they are safe to drive of not, just scared of being caught by the police.

Yea but driving the morning after (not early about, 10-11) I'm sure most people are perfectly safe to drive or atleast like they are but the chances are they are over the limit.
Kurt

29th Dec 08 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only police ive seen my way were the asbo patrol in their van on Christmas Eve..

They weren't checking drivers coming out of the pub they were parked next to and were there for about 20 mins..
Neo

29th Dec 08 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
I have to agree iv yet to see any spot checks, road blocks or anything.

And i have driven about 1000 miles over the last 3 days...only seen 1 cop and that was this morning on the way to work
Mike GSi

29th Dec 08 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had about 3/4 of a pint of magners the other day, Police had obviously seen my car in the pub car park, then as i left decided to pull me over , this was the first time id been breathalised with alcohol in my system, i was shitting myself!

Anyways, i blew a red light

i was nearly in tears obviously got arrested "on suspision" and got taken down to the station, and very luckily i blew 2 readings on the big machine, and passed both of them!

Ive defo learnt my lesson and will not be drinking one thing while driving! id had no Tea that night so i put it down to that.

Be careful guys
John G

29th Dec 08 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck! i only ever have one pint if in the car but makes you think, iv only ever been breaterlized once the day after and i shaking like a shittin dog then cos i didnt feel to clever at the time, certainly makes you think.
Jambo

29th Dec 08 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

Yea but driving the morning after (not early about, 10-11) I'm sure most people are perfectly safe to drive or atleast like they are but the chances are they are over the limit.

And you dont think the alcohol in your system affects your reaction times etc? Being over the limit means you arent fit to drive, even if its the morning after!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Drink Driving 22 database queries in 0.2022471 seconds