corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » i phone nano

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i phone nano
Nismo

User status: Offline
29th Sep 08 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 features?
bubble

29th Sep 08 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
3 features?

oh shit yeah.

fingerprint programmable so if u have fat fingers u can programme the phone to know where u wanted to press on the gel screen-saves pressing q and w at the same time, etc

gel screen that clicks in so that it is touch screen with a hidden keyboard underneath.

can access the internet at the same time as being on a call-so if sum1 wanted u to check summat on the call at the same time u can as it can separate gsm/3g at the sam etime.

4g ready

iv give u four there-ill need grab one again and check the others.

Cosmo

29th Sep 08 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not exactly right, see bold bits for truth.

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
ill summarise.

someone asked bout iphone nano.

i said there is a phone coming out that may be better than the iphone variants. No you said it was miles ahead of the iPhone and would out sell it by hundreds of billions of trillions

everyone got bitsy cuz they know best, didnt like it that we couldnt tell and proceeded to spout about it being shite, even though its better spec'd than the iphone variants, and they hadnt seen or heard of it. No, none of us knew anymore other than what you told us. I.e. looks amazing, will blow iPhone out the water, has 3 features no other phone has, blah blah

when they heard it was a blackberry, they then said "oh its only a blackberry" etc, and that people who work in marketing are wrong. The people who work in marketing know nothing about how successful it will be - its their job to sell the product to employees and consumers alike and it seems they did a good job on you

so, the Corsasport massive are entirely right, the new device will sell about 4 units, because Joe Public knows nothing about Blackberry(this is to assume everyone on this site isnt joe public as they all know best). No its impossible to say who will be right, but opinion of the masses on here is certainly a good indicator of how the public will react. Rather than an employee for the company bringing this out

ssj_kakarot

29th Sep 08 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S
Can someone summarise this thread please?
ill summarise.

i said there is a phone coming out that may be better than the iphone variants.

everyone got bitsy cuz they know best, didnt like it that we couldnt tell and proceeded to spout about it being shite, even though its better spec'd than the iphone variants, and they hadnt seen or heard of it.

when they heard it was a blackberry, they then said "oh its only a blackberry" etc, and that people who work in marketing are wrong.

so, the Corsasport massive are entirely right, the new device will sell about 4 units, because Joe Public knows nothing about Blackberry(this is to assume everyone on this site isnt joe public as they all know best).

then n96 was mentioned, its better blah blah(no it isnt) and now their defence is internet claimed certain specs etc.

its specced better than most phones, looks better in my opinion. but CS say its crap so its doomed.

buy an iphone-loads better

[Edited on 29-09-2008 by bubblevaux]

hmmm no you said it was amazing, you said it would have 3 features never before seen in a phone, which you compleatly ignore now.

you said joe public would go wild, well the likes of dave on here who already stated he considers himself joe public just said he doesnt care, which im guessing is what the rest of joe public will say.

you said the spec is amzing, even though you have admited you dont know what the spec is at all, amongst other things.

just admit you built it up for to much considering you really didnt know specs or what it would do.

And for the iphone i really dont like them, there are much better phones and i wouldnt dream of owning one, but like i said joe public went wild for them they will not go wild for the blackberry.
bubble

29th Sep 08 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Not exactly right, see bold bits for truth.

quote:
ill summarise.

i said there is a phone coming out that may be better than the iphone variants. No you said it was miles ahead of the iPhone and would out sell it by hundreds of billions of trillions

everyone got bitsy cuz they know best, didnt like it that we couldnt tell and proceeded to spout about it being shite, even though its better spec'd than the iphone variants, and they hadnt seen or heard of it. No, none of us knew anymore other than what you told us. I.e. looks amazing, will blow iPhone out the water, has 3 features no other phone has, blah blah

when they heard it was a blackberry, they then said "oh its only a blackberry" etc, and that people who work in marketing are wrong. The people who work in marketing know nothing about how successful it will be - its their job to sell the product to employees and consumers alike and it seems they did a good job on you

so, the Corsasport massive are entirely right, the new device will sell about 4 units, because Joe Public knows nothing about Blackberry(this is to assume everyone on this site isnt joe public as they all know best). No its impossible to say who will be right, but opinion of the masses on here is certainly a good indicator of how the public will react. Rather than an employee for the company bringing this out

ur opinion-which you are entitled too.

billions and trillions-i never quoted that.

marketing-we do ask customers what they want from phones.

corsasport opinion-makes a good indicator for the masses?

ok
bubble

29th Sep 08 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S
Can someone summarise this thread please?
ill summarise.

i said there is a phone coming out that may be better than the iphone variants.

everyone got bitsy cuz they know best, didnt like it that we couldnt tell and proceeded to spout about it being shite, even though its better spec'd than the iphone variants, and they hadnt seen or heard of it.

when they heard it was a blackberry, they then said "oh its only a blackberry" etc, and that people who work in marketing are wrong.

so, the Corsasport massive are entirely right, the new device will sell about 4 units, because Joe Public knows nothing about Blackberry(this is to assume everyone on this site isnt joe public as they all know best).

then n96 was mentioned, its better blah blah(no it isnt) and now their defence is internet claimed certain specs etc.

its specced better than most phones, looks better in my opinion. but CS say its crap so its doomed.

buy an iphone-loads better

[Edited on 29-09-2008 by bubblevaux]

hmmm no you said it was amazing, you said it would have 3 features never before seen in a phone, which you compleatly ignore now.

you said joe public would go wild, well the likes of dave on here who already stated he considers himself joe public just said he doesnt care, which im guessing is what the rest of joe public will say.

you said the spec is amzing, even though you have admited you dont know what the spec is at all, amongst other things.

just admit you built it up for to much considering you really didnt know specs or what it would do.

And for the iphone i really dont like them, there are much better phones and i wouldnt dream of owning one, but like i said joe public went wild for them they will not go wild for the blackberry.

3 specs listed above. specs on screen were wrong.

dave 17 is all the public? no

lets see how it sells eh?
ssj_kakarot

29th Sep 08 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and people were obviously expecting much more than the phone actually was because you built it up so much, i meen if i said to my friends ive just purchased the best car in the wolrd and it turned out to be donkey they would obviously take the piss.
Cosmo

29th Sep 08 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ur opinion-which you are entitled too.

billions and trillions-i never quoted that.

marketing-we do ask customers what they want from phones.

corsasport opinion-makes a good indicator for the masses?

ok

Yes, I was exaggerating on the billiosn and trillions,b ut you did say it would out sell everything as is so amazing - or something along those lines (Im too lazy to go back and find the one of many quotes).

And Joe Public make up corsasport, so yes opinions on here do represent the masses to some degree - although sample size isnt exactly huge.
ssj_kakarot

did i once say he was all of joe public i said he was indigitive of what imo the general public will think about this phone, that is they wont care.

stop responding in a defensive pointless way and actually make an argument rather than pointless bating.
bubble

quote:
and people were obviously expecting much more than the phone actually was because you built it up so much, i meen if i said to my friends ive just purchased the best car in the wolrd and it turned out to be donkey they would obviously take the piss.

iphone was hyped-it was good!!

this is hyped-cuz its good!
bubble

29th Sep 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WE SHALL SEE HOW IT SELLS EH?
Matt H

29th Sep 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of those features sounds a lotlike what was on the Sony Ericsson P800....
bubble

29th Sep 08 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
One of those features sounds a lotlike what was on the Sony Ericsson P800....

which one?
Matt H

29th Sep 08 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clip on keypad
bubble

29th Sep 08 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Clip on keypad

that had a separate flip down keypad i thought like p990i?

ssj_kakarot

29th Sep 08 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

just cause something is hyped doesnt meen it is good.

And for those features i see nothing there the average user would actually care about let alone purchase the phone for.
bubble

29th Sep 08 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

just cause something is hyped doesnt meen it is good.

And for those features i see nothing there the average user would actually care about let alone purchase the phone for.

features are there for ease of use-have u never used a touch device and accidentally ur finger has pressed the wrong bit?

i have. features have advantages and benefits.

if it doesnt do massively massively well i will admit i was wrong.
Joe

29th Sep 08 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the interests of this thread, can I change my second name to Public?

I'm now Joe Public
bubble

29th Sep 08 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
In the interests of this thread, can I change my second name to Public?

I'm now Joe Public

yes
Joe

29th Sep 08 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, I'm Joe Public and I'm not interested about this Blackberry, I won't be switching to Voda so the marketing people have missed out on a customer.

Close thread, thanks, bye.
John

29th Sep 08 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can tweak the way the screen reacts to keypresses on any winmo phone, not exactly new and innovative.

A tactile screen isn't a new idea either.

Being connected to the net at the same time could be useful in certain situations.

When is 4g being rolled out?
Robbo

29th Sep 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once they deicde what std to go with... wimax is favourite atm
Cosmo

29th Sep 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
once they deicde what std to go with... wimax is favourite atm

So in other words well beyond the normal life expectancy a user of high end phones would expect from a device.
LeeM

29th Sep 08 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can use the internet at the same time as being in a call, and have had msn running in the background as well. i can also text at teh same time if i really wanted to and i just have a sony ericsson. beat that
Jodi_the_g

30th Sep 08 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John
They're still percieved to be the best manufacturer, I had a quick look there, in America they sell more than the next 3 highest put together.

motorola sell the most in usa on verizon apparently?

Thats becuase verizon is not a GSM network.

And it only sells 2 nokia models.

[Edited on 30-09-2008 by Jodi_the_g]

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll