corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » i phone nano

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i phone nano
bubble

User status: Offline
27th Sep 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Basically, this isn't going to blow the Iphone out of the water as it doesn't have a magical little Apple logo on the back. I was looking forward to seeing what it was after all this hype, but its just a Blackberry.
I think youre right about the Apple logo (unfortunately) but until you see how good this is you cant comment on it just being a blackberry

I might add Ive had a Pearl for about 6 months and never had any problesm with it

No, but as a regular punter it puts me off that it is a Blackberry as I see them as mainly business phones which I don't need and also the fact its on Vodafone who as a network don't appeal to me. So there will be alot of people in the same boat as me who won't even give it a 2nd thought.

i always used to see BB as posh email phones-all that changed when i got a few and used them.

bubble

27th Sep 08 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo-if we are wrong about this-then i personally will hold my hands up high and say "yes, we were wrong"

i dont see it happening though personally.

ps, I got the DSO job.

good times
Joe

27th Sep 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So anyway the Iphone Nano..........
Robbo

well done matey Havernt heard about mine yet

I think it will do really well depending on the tariffs, whcih i have no idea of... if they try and make people pay extra then i think it will fail, but as i understand it they r doing iphone type specific tariffs for it
Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
So anyway the Iphone Nano..........
out in time for xmas, will be a flop... nuff said lol
Matt H

How much more expensive is the Iphone??

Stop quoting sales figures for it!
ssj_kakarot

27th Sep 08 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry but wtf lol, what are these 3 features never before seen in a mobile phone before, which im sure one of you said at the start of this topic?

And why would joe public go crazy for a blackberry, im pretty sure most of joe public doesnt care about it.

seriously your marketing people must be really off the mark saying this is going to stir the public crazy, if the omnia, touch diamond or x1 which are all stylish yet aimed at business users didnt do it why would this?

and for the HD screen...

touch HD

wvga Display Resolution : 480 x 800 (384000 pixels)

blackberry storm

resolution of 360 x 480 pixels

hmmmmmmmmmmm if anything is going to be more succesful its the touch hd, not only is the screen bigger and more resolution it has the benifit of a 5mp camera and winmo.

i honestly dont see what the big deal is with this phone, the touch pro imo is a lot better than that and its out now (already have one).

and as john has said before the developer base for winmo is huge, the software for winmo compleatly out classes the stuff avalible for blackberry.

[Edited on 27-09-2008 by ssj_kakarot]
ssj_kakarot

27th Sep 08 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:
Originally posted by John
It's got the big screen the same as the blackberry and the iphone.

Because it's windows mobile there are millions of programs for it.

You get blackberry email for the winmo devices.

the touch HD, has a "normal" touch screen....the blackberry doesnt have a normal screen, and actually is High Definition...........

who is to say new blackberrys arent going to have a better OS than 6.1? has anybody used it yet? no......

winmo is slow and glitchy.

i think u need to get and have a play with the new phone see what you think then

and actually reading through the thread again it sounds like you dont really know the spec of either phone, whats different about the screen and why is it more HD than the higher resolution on the touch HD?

i dont meen this in an offensive way but it sounds like you have swallowed what ever the rep for the blackberry was spouting to you compleatly.
LeeM

28th Sep 08 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully they dont try to charge extra for using blackberrys! i want the £35 tarrif with 600mins unlimited texts and unlimited data, if i can have that with the blackberry it may be a consideration
Nismo

28th Sep 08 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh my fucking good god, its a blackberry! N96 here i come...
corsa-sxi

28th Sep 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

N96 is only free on £45+ on voda too exp for me
JM Curdy

28th Sep 08 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im dissapointed tbh
Robbo

28th Sep 08 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

N96 looks like a pile of crap
bubble

28th Sep 08 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
quote:

the touch HD, has a "normal" touch screen....the blackberry doesnt have a normal screen, and actually is High Definition...........

who is to say new blackberrys arent going to have a better OS than 6.1? has anybody used it yet? no......

i think u need to get and have a play with the new phone see what you think then

and actually reading through the thread again it sounds like you dont really know the spec of either phone, whats different about the screen and why is it more HD than the higher resolution on the touch HD?

i dont meen this in an offensive way but it sounds like you have swallowed what ever the rep for the blackberry was spouting to you compleatly.

the htc isnt high def-the blackberry is.

specs on the net are not correct.

nismo-n96-dont bother, ud be better of buying one of the 99p pretend phones kids can buy. n96 feels so cheap and flimsy its scary
bubble

28th Sep 08 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
sorry but wtf lol, what are these 3 features never before seen in a mobile phone before, which im sure one of you said at the start of this topic?

And why would joe public go crazy for a blackberry, im pretty sure most of joe public doesnt care about it.

seriously your marketing people must be really off the mark saying this is going to stir the public crazy, if the omnia, touch diamond or x1 which are all stylish yet aimed at business users didnt do it why would this?

and for the HD screen...

touch HD

wvga Display Resolution : 480 x 800 (384000 pixels)

blackberry storm

resolution of 360 x 480 pixels

hmmmmmmmmmmm if anything is going to be more succesful its the touch hd, not only is the screen bigger and more resolution it has the benifit of a 5mp camera and winmo.

i honestly dont see what the big deal is with this phone, the touch pro imo is a lot better than that and its out now (already have one).

and as john has said before the developer base for winmo is huge, the software for winmo compleatly out classes the stuff avalible for blackberry.

omnia touch diamond and x1??

omnia wasnt hyped up at all cuz it is cack, the diamond, again hasnt been hyped up, and the x1-hasnt even been released yet.

omnia sells mega well, even though it is absolutely horrific to use, the diamond doesnt sell that well, because HTC made us agree to not sell to consumer customers, and the x1 has been in demand for months.

i think you will find that our marketing guys are absolutley bang on with what they do-if you are under the impression that the Corsa sport massive are better at marketing research than our guys, seriously, get yourselves into marketing. to assume that "joe public" dont know anthing about blackberrys is one of the funniest things in this thread. i would do osme homewrok, and get knowledgable to blackberrys and there customers-after all, they have the most amount of subscribers to a service in the comms world.

seriously funny!
bubble

28th Sep 08 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM Curdy
im dissapointed tbh

thats like saying a bird is shit in bed before dropping ur cock in her.

if ur disappointed after using it then fair enough
JM Curdy

28th Sep 08 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
im dissapointed tbh

i can spot a good ride from a mile away
bubble

28th Sep 08 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
im dissapointed tbh

i can spot a good ride from a mile away

you win
ssj_kakarot

28th Sep 08 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

the htc isnt high def-the blackberry is.

specs on the net are not correct.

nismo-n96-dont bother, ud be better of buying one of the 99p pretend phones kids can buy. n96 feels so cheap and flimsy its scary

so what makes the blackberry more HD than the HTC which has a higher resolution please explain this.

i meen seriously how much resolution can they fit into a 3.3" screen? and what would you class a HD resolution at ?

[Edited on 28-09-2008 by ssj_kakarot]
bubble

28th Sep 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ssj -i aint goin to quote all above it-d be stupid.

the htc doesnt have a higher resolution-the specs on net are wrong about the BB!!

i have no idea about HD classifications at all-probably the same as my sony HD Camcorder that has a 3.2"screen, records in HD and plays back in HD?
ssj_kakarot

28th Sep 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omnia touch diamond and x1??

omnia wasnt hyped up at all cuz it is cack, the diamond, again hasnt been hyped up, and the x1-hasnt even been released yet.

omnia sells mega well, even though it is absolutely horrific to use, the diamond doesnt sell that well, because HTC made us agree to not sell to consumer customers, and the x1 has been in demand for months.

i think you will find that our marketing guys are absolutley bang on with what they do-if you are under the impression that the Corsa sport massive are better at marketing research than our guys, seriously, get yourselves into marketing. to assume that "joe public" dont know anthing about blackberrys is one of the funniest things in this thread. i would do osme homewrok, and get knowledgable to blackberrys and there customers-after all, they have the most amount of subscribers to a service in the comms world.

seriously funny!

right by joe public i meen the average user who just wants the newest nokia, SE or motorola ect and have no idea what the blackberry is, seriosuly if you ask the average person who has a nokia or SE i doubt they will know what a blackberry is, if they do they will have only heard of it as a brand name and not actually know what its for.

you even said yourself blackberry is a huge seller in the coperate scheme of things, and seen as you have relied on blackberry sales compared to iphone ok whats the sales of blackberry against nokia i am willing to bet nokia sell a hell of a lot more, therefore "joe public" wants them.

yes i agree the blackberry may sell better in the coperate market but not the general consumer market.
ssj_kakarot

28th Sep 08 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ssj -i aint goin to quote all above it-d be stupid.

the htc doesnt have a higher resolution-the specs on net are wrong about the BB!!

i have no idea about HD classifications at all-probably the same as my sony HD Camcorder that has a 3.2"screen, records in HD and plays back in HD?

exactly im not saying your wrong but considering you dont actually know the difference in the screen resolutions and are simply saying its HD without having a great grasp of what that meens how can you instantly say the blackberry will be better? the rep who told you the information is obviously going to say its better.
bubble

28th Sep 08 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when we were playing with the devices, the HD screen wasnt what i was amazed by, so i wasnt really focused on gettin the specs. i know, that the device records, and displays images in HD-how this is done, i do not know. the spec on tinterweb is wrong, as it is all guess work. the web is saying its just touch screen-when it isnt!

i have not been brainwashed by the reps at all, the device has amazed me. having had to use an iphone all last night, i didnt fully like it, the koi fish app was cool-but how does that benefit me day to day?

it doesnt.

as for joe public knowing what blackberry are, you would be surprised what they know and want. as previously said, the rise in consumer sales of blackberrys has grown MASSIVELY.

remember, there are 3 variants to blackberry, CONSUMER, ENTERPRISE and BLACKBERRY WIN PROFESSIONAL.

consumer sell the most-dont be fooled into thinkin people arent aware of blackberry-they are massivley known.
corsa-sxi

28th Sep 08 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are thoughts on the SE C905?
bubble

28th Sep 08 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
what are thoughts on the SE C905?

i liked very much.

bit heavy but not overly,slide feels very firm and not sloppy like w910, little delay on camera-but the images are stunning.

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll