corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » i phone nano

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i phone nano
John

User status: Offline
27th Sep 08 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You aren't getting what i'm talking about.
Joe

27th Sep 08 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically, this isn't going to blow the Iphone out of the water as it doesn't have a magical little Apple logo on the back. I was looking forward to seeing what it was after all this hype, but its just a Blackberry.
Hammer

27th Sep 08 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your straight talking both pleases and amuses me Joe
bubble

27th Sep 08 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
You aren't getting what i'm talking about.

yh i do. winmo is amazing-blackberry is not as good aparently
bubble

27th Sep 08 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Basically, this isn't going to blow the Iphone out of the water as it doesn't have a magical little Apple logo on the back. I was looking forward to seeing what it was after all this hype, but its just a Blackberry.

im afraid joe, you are very wrong.

"its just a blackberry"--u have judges something without even seeing it, or using it?!

brilliant
John

27th Sep 08 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll just come right out and say it now.

EPIC FAIL
bubble

27th Sep 08 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'll just come right out and say it now.

EPIC FAIL

we shall see.
Joe

27th Sep 08 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

"its just a blackberry"--u have judges something without even seeing it, or using it?!

brilliant

Ok, to someone who isn't really into phones. Explain to me why its so great?

I have an Iphone currently, which does a good job and looks better than that Blackberry to me so explain whats so much better about this?
bubble

27th Sep 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

joe-do u realise that blackberry sell more devices than phones with the apple logo on?

so people who alreadu have blackberry will want new ones, so it will blow the iphone away. blackberry sales beat iphone now anyway!
John

27th Sep 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't talking about the phone, I was talking about your input in this thread.

My opinion of the phone is it won't be bigger than the iphone anyway.

The iphone has never been anywhere near the best phone out, people still buy it though.

Joe Public (half a pun) don't know or care what a blakberry is.

Blackberry isn't on the front of a massively selling mp3 player is it?
Joe

27th Sep 08 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
joe-do u realise that blackberry sell more devices than phones with the apple logo on?

so people who alreadu have blackberry will want new ones, so it will blow the iphone away. blackberry sales beat iphone now anyway!

I'm sure they do, how many different Blackberry phones are available, how long have they been available? Everything will have its loyal customers that keep them coming back.

So, to my original question, in laymens terms, why is this phone so great to a normal person who just wants a phone, not a business phone and isn't bothered about emails on the move and other such shit.
John

27th Sep 08 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because bubblevaux has been brainwashed mainly.
bubble

27th Sep 08 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

brilliant

Ok, to someone who isn't really into phones. Explain to me why its so great?

I have an Iphone currently, which does a good job and looks better than that Blackberry to me so explain whats so much better about this?

iphone does a good job yeh, blackberry also perform.

new blackberry-High def screen,will sit on top of itunes and sync just like iphone, has a better screen in the respect its not a normal touch screen,does mms, video calls, is 4g ready,edge,3g,HSDPA UMTS(data services) has programmable touch screen so recognises individual users, there is loads more but i cant remeber all. have a play with one when they hit and see what u think!!
John

27th Sep 08 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The resolution of that screen can't be 1280x720 surely, text gets a pain to display and read at that res at that size.
Joe

27th Sep 08 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, so out of all that the only thing I wish my current phone had is MMS.

I'm standing by my word in saying this isn't the greatest thing ever and it won't blow the Iphone out of the water and it won't get as much coverage.
bubble

27th Sep 08 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I wasn't talking about the phone, I was talking about your input in this thread.

My opinion of the phone is it won't be bigger than the iphone anyway.

The iphone has never been anywhere near the best phone out, people still buy it though.

Joe Public (half a pun) don't know or care what a blakberry is.

Blackberry isn't on the front of a massively selling mp3 player is it?

ok,i respect your opinion.

i disagree.

blackberry isnt on the front of a massive selling mp3 market no. it dominates the communication market in respect to consumer and enterprise business' needs. simple fact.

public dont know what blackberry are?

cpwh, and p4u who are solely mobile phone sellers are selling 14% more BB devices so far this year than the previous 2 years before.

fact is, regular consumers are buyin blackberrys, there are more registered blackberry pin numbers for consumer than there are for enterprise. if people are not aware of blackberry, summat wrong.

we have people asking us for blackberrys pure;y because there friends have them, and becaus eu can send files, messages and other things to people anywhere else in the world FOC.

bubble

27th Sep 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The resolution of that screen can't be 1280x720 surely, text gets a pain to display and read at that res at that size.

havent a clue-just says High Def screen, and divx on packaging
Robbo

27th Sep 08 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
I think youre right about the Apple logo (unfortunately) but until you see how good this is you cant comment on it just being a blackberry

I might add Ive had a Pearl for about 6 months and never had any problesm with it
bubble

27th Sep 08 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Ok, so out of all that the only thing I wish my current phone had is MMS.

I'm standing by my word in saying this isn't the greatest thing ever and it won't blow the Iphone out of the water and it won't get as much coverage.

again, ur opinion not mine.

*on a side note, the iphone sold 4million handsets in 200 days in the usa. verizon have been contracted to sell the same number of handsets in the first 3 months*

storm hype in the us is er, pretty big
Robbo

27th Sep 08 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of people do see Blackberrys as cool gadgets which will push sales up, esp with all the marketing and special tariffs etc they have reayd for it

bubble

27th Sep 08 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
A lot of people do see Blackberrys as cool gadgets which will push sales up, esp with all the marketing and special tariffs etc they have reayd for it

AND THE ADVERT
Robbo

Aye, anyone who knows the US market knows they go stior crazy for Blackberrys over there, even more so than the iPhone, Euro market is slightly diff but the aim of the Storm and the Bold is to change all that
Robbo

quote:
quote:

AND THE ADVERT
Ive not seen it yet
Joe

27th Sep 08 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
I think youre right about the Apple logo (unfortunately) but until you see how good this is you cant comment on it just being a blackberry

I might add Ive had a Pearl for about 6 months and never had any problesm with it

No, but as a regular punter it puts me off that it is a Blackberry as I see them as mainly business phones which I don't need and also the fact its on Vodafone who as a network don't appeal to me. So there will be alot of people in the same boat as me who won't even give it a 2nd thought.
Robbo

27th Sep 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, a lot of people will go oh cool ive got a blackberry, which is the whole basis of pushign these onto the consumer market

Personally Im the same, i woudlnt necy go out and get a blackberry just cos its a blackberry and tbh its main feature is something i dont need but this is aimed at iphone buyers, ie those who buy it for the name, the diff is the storm has all the functionality that the iPhone doesnt (hopefuly!)

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll