corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » i phone nano

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i phone nano
LeeM

User status: Offline
30th Sep 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doe it have a slide out keyboard? if not it fails in my eyes and i'll be getting the x1
Cosmo

1st Oct 08 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
People sign up for everything.

Not even half the amount of people who sign up for information will buy one.

Half?

They'd be lucky to get a 3-5% return.
bubble

1st Oct 08 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
People sign up for everything.

Not even half the amount of people who sign up for information will buy one.

Half?

They'd be lucky to get a 3-5% return.

you are so far off the ball!
Cosmo

1st Oct 08 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not saying you wont sell that amount, as you will. Im saying of those signed up currently to the site you would be lucky to get more than that amount.

To expect anymore would be stupid, your marketing guys will tell you that as its a normal figure put on returns from marketing such as this kind.

And at the end of the day, no matter how much better than the iPhone it is (which it probably is) it has nowhere near the appeal as the iPhone to your Joe Public and will sell no where near as many. FACT.
bubble

1st Oct 08 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im not saying you wont sell that amount, as you will. Im saying of those signed up currently to the site you would be lucky to get more than that amount.

To expect anymore would be stupid, your marketing guys will tell you that as its a normal figure put on returns from marketing such as this kind.

And at the end of the day, no matter how much better than the iPhone it is (which it probably is) it has nowhere near the appeal as the iPhone to your Joe Public and will sell no where near as many. FACT.

well the joe public have put it on the web as gagiing for the phone!
Robbo

1st Oct 08 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
That does look big

At least the iPhone is slim
It is fairly slim, a little thicker than an iPod 80GB I;d say
Cosmo

1st Oct 08 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course they are
Robbo

1st Oct 08 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
doe it have a slide out keyboard? if not it fails in my eyes and i'll be getting the x1
Hope you have storng pockets... lovely phone but weighs a ton!
Cosmo

1st Oct 08 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blackberry Storm
Size – 4.5 x 2.6 x 0.6 inches (114 x 55 x 15 mm)
Weight – 136grams

iPhone
Size: 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.48 inches (115.5 x 62 x 12.3mm)
Weight: 133 grams
Cosmo

1st Oct 08 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X1

Size

* 110.0 x 53.0 x 17.0 mm
* 4.3 x 2.1 x 0.7 inches

Weight

* 158.0 g
Robbo

1st Oct 08 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

158g :S
John

1st Oct 08 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks like vodafone are marketing the phone to their sales staff in the same way they would customers, making them eager to sell customers the phone because they believe it's the next best thing.

Unfortunately for them it's not.

It's definitely all over the internet now and i've seen nowhere close to the hype that something such as the iphone got and still gets.
Cosmo

1st Oct 08 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It looks like vodafone are marketing the phone to their sales staff in the same way they would customers, making them eager to sell customers the phone because they believe it's the next best thing.

It's definitely all over the internet now and i've seen nowhere close to the hype that something such as the iphone got and still gets.

Their was a video with it on on Youtube back at the beginning of Sept - so it was all over the net when Bubble said he couldnt find a thing
Robbo

1st Oct 08 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Specs still havent been properly released yet though, but no it wont get the same hype as the iPhone cos it doesnt have a half eaten item of fruit on it!
Simon

1st Oct 08 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But its got a whole piece instead
Cosmo

1st Oct 08 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Specs still havent been properly released yet though, but no it wont get the same hype as the iPhone cos it doesnt have a half eaten item of fruit on it!

Maybe you should mention that to your marketing people - although Im sure they know as they seem to know everything else - like the exact number you are going to sell
bubble

1st Oct 08 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Their was a video with it on on Youtube back at the beginning of Sept - so it was all over the net when Bubble said he couldnt find a thing

it was easy to find-becuase i knew the name, but until it was released publicly i couldnt say the name.

i think you need to accept that with this sort of thing you are wrong, it amazes me everyone saying joe public wont like it wtc-or dont know bout BB-look on GSMarena-look at the comments.

end of the day its goin do amazingly well, but the entirity of corsasport are correct and everybody else is wrong.
Cosmo

1st Oct 08 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
it was easy to find-becuase i knew the name, but until it was released publicly i couldnt say the name.

i think you need to accept that with this sort of thing you are wrong, it amazes me everyone saying joe public wont like it wtc-or dont know bout BB-look on GSMarena-look at the comments.

end of the day its goin do amazingly well, but the entirity of corsasport are correct and everybody else is wrong.

So Im wrong because you and the team selling this are telling me so? Yeah as thats not a biased view at all is it

Im NOT wrong as the general public have no interest in this sort of phone and the technological advancements it may have on the iPhone. They only go for the iPhone because of what it is - an Apple branded product. Blackberry just doesnt have that pull.

Yes it will look popular on phone based sites - as thats the sort of people that will love this thing, thats as far as it will go though. Joe Public wont give much of a shit.
bubble

1st Oct 08 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

So Im wrong because you and the team selling this are telling me so? Yeah as thats not a biased view at all is it

Im NOT wrong as the general public have no interest in this sort of phone and the technological advancements it may have on the iPhone. They only go for the iPhone because of what it is - an Apple branded product. Blackberry just doesnt have that pull.

Yes it will look popular on phone based sites - as thats the sort of people that will love this thing, thats as far as it will go though. Joe Public wont give much of a shit.

so people who browse geeky forums are not joe public? people browsing here are joe public so they say earlier, but are on geeky forums?

u say blackberry doesnt have the pull!? blackberry sell MORE than the iphone!!

fact is we research what people want-customer demand these type of devices-but because Cosmo and his mates say otherwise we should listen?

jog on dude you are seriously deluded into thinkin you know all about the market when we have listened to the market.

you have made me smile though, so thanks
Cosmo

1st Oct 08 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so people who browse geeky forums are not joe public? people browsing here are joe public so they say earlier, but are on geeky forums?

u say blackberry doesnt have the pull!? blackberry sell MORE than the iphone!!

fact is we research what people want-customer demand these type of devices-but because Cosmo and his mates say otherwise we should listen?

jog on dude you are seriously deluded into thinkin you know all about the market when we have listened to the market.

you have made me smile though, so thanks

No, people on the geeky forums are not Joe Public, thats the problem in your thinking. Joe Public dont go on forums about geeky shite like that, they are not at the forefront of technological advancements and do not follow new technologies with anticipation.

Like I said, I have no doubt you'll sell to the type of people who go on those types of sites, and also to the current Blackberry business users. But you will not sell to Joe Public like the iPhone is doing - and that IMO is a much larger market than the two you will sell to put together.

Im not saying I know all about the market, but I do know about differentiating between different market segments - something I am doing here and you appear not to be.
Brett
Premium Member

1st Oct 08 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo's right.
Joe

1st Oct 08 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Apparantly it was going to blow the hype around the Iphone out of the water?

quote:
put it this way-remember the iphone launch?

ill admit it was spectacular, the launch of this will be amazing, having used the phone, it has at least 3 things built in that no other phone has EVER had, and it is just unbelievable to think its possible.

having seen the advert, when people see it, they WILL want one.

quote:

marketing are bang on about this product, and it will sell and it will be massive.

quote:

you thought the iphone was big? wait for this, and then when it happens, all hell will break loose!

Cosmo

1st Oct 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Apparantly it was going to blow the hype around the Iphone out of the water?

quote:

you thought the iphone was big? wait for this, and then when it happens, all hell will break loose!

Im sat in my bunker now awaiting the world to calm down.
mwg

1st Oct 08 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm running round the office like a headless chicken in anticipation of this phone
Joe

1st Oct 08 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there room for me? There is people marching past my house with big signs demanding this new Blackberry. I'm scared

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll