corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Very strange C20XE rev wire problem URGENT HELP NEEDED

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Very strange C20XE rev wire problem URGENT HELP NEEDED
dale87

User status: Offline
12th May 08 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that the green wires on either loom connect together and that it should work. Well the only way I can get the dial to work is if I hold each wire, the one from engine loom and the one from corsa loom, in each hand ( squeezed between my finger and thumb). When they are connected together i get nothing? I have no idea what to do to get the rev counter to work so if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance

[Edited on 14-05-2008 by dale87]
byrnie_2004

12th May 08 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you need a resistance between the two ends you mean? (your body acting as a resistor).
it probably shouldnt be like that but if it works it works, get a multimeter measure the resistance across you, lol. buy the relevant resistor and solder it in the gap between the two ends.
dale87

14th May 08 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else got any ideas?
GavCorsa

14th May 08 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mite be a bad ground/earth problem

u being a grounding source, so works when u hold the wires

maybe just try earthing the cable too, wont hurt anything
dale87

15th May 08 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a bit of a mess about as I swear they worked at some point on the conversion and came up with this. The rev counter will only work by simply connecting the green wires if, I disconnect the black wire thats run to an ignition live ( the ignition live so the coil works, black wire on the engine loom by the dizzy) then just bridge a wire from the battery to the + on the coil just so that the car will start, then the revs will work work but I obviously can't wire the coil up that way because the car then won't turn off until the wire is removed.

Could it be something to do with because my car was a dispac engine before and the 2.0 is dizzy? Also I think my corsa is wired different as my speedo works perfect after the conversion and I havn't connected any cable or wires to the F20 gearbox, must run through the wheels.
byrnie_2004

17th May 08 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did it have abs?

New Poll