corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EGR valve

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EGR valve
kin9y

User status: Offline
12th Mar 08 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine light on showing a problem with the egr valve. so gonna av a go at cleaning it and maybe blanking it off. i know you av to take the battery off and header tank it looks like its a pain to get to tho. if im looking in the right place lol. just wanna know if it would be easier removing anything else and just any tips realy.
V-Man

12th Mar 08 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

batter y off, move some wires, header tank, just move what you need to to get to it.

tbh i found my one really easy had it out within 10 mins of getting everything out the way.

when you put it back in id say put some gasket sealant between the valve and the new gasket to stop it falling off when you put the valve back.

mine had a build up a load of crap and stuck closed, so if its that, i sorted it by puttin fine valve grinding paste round the edge where contact is made (youll see what i mean when you get it out) found a screwdriver and a bit that just fits in the end of the lil valve, and gave it a lil spin to clean the contact surfaces / rim, and then cleaned it all up inside n out, whacked it back in the car and never had a problem since

or just blank it lol.
kin9y

12th Mar 08 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers pal give it a go soon probly be a piece of piss once i know how its done once

New Poll