corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Phone/Broadband.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone/Broadband.
Colin

User status: Offline
12th Mar 08 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im currently with Virgin Media & have been for around 2 years. Starting to realise im paying alot & not getting much back.

Phone £12 line rental, maybe £10 month on calls.
Broadband - £18 for medium package. Its pretty slow being honest.

So about £40 a month for shit internet & phone for folk to tell me ive won a competition, free kitchen, mobile etc

Is there any better broadband/phone deals to be had?

[Edited on 12-03-2008 by Colin]
Andrew

12th Mar 08 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking at the standard charge for a BT line and £14.99 for Tiscali broadband.

We don't have Virgin in our area

There are a lot a bundles out there off the likes of AOL with free weekend calls etc. No good to me really as i have a work mobile i use for calls

I'm currently paying £30 a month for BB, £21 for Sky which i never use and standard line rental off BT. I can save £36 a month straight off if i bin Sky and BT BB.
John

12th Mar 08 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

11 quid a month line rental for bt + calls, then internet you can get 8meg for 7.50 but this depends how far you are from the exchange.

Sky do good packages but again depends on your exhange, maybe try putting postcode into the site.
Colin

12th Mar 08 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah ive been looking at BT total broadband, 3 packages, half price for 1st 6 months.

Anyone explain what im actually getting, is it wireless BB & phone?
John

12th Mar 08 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT it will be, you'll also need the 11 quid a month BT line rental though, there are loads of cheaper BB suppliers than BT.
Colin

12th Mar 08 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This any good - http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=15761
Andrew

12th Mar 08 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how much you download with BT. They cap each different option. Also, the home hub thing comes with some options too. Think i'm on option 3. Get free evening and weekend calls and unlimited downloads. Costs £30 a month though.

Never had a problem with BT though!
JadeM
Premium Member

12th Mar 08 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At home we're with BT Total Broadband. Got Broadband with wireless router and one wireless phone free with the option to buy extra. Free weekend and evening calls. £25.00 a month. We've had a few hiccups with it and when it breaks, they're customer service is awful
Colin

12th Mar 08 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont download anything, just use the net for searching & abusing folk on here.

Went on Uswitch website, there telling me the best deal for me is.............Virgin Media

Shocking fact is that its the same as ive got now, for £15 a month (minus calls)
Andrew

12th Mar 08 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not had any problems with them so not had to call them Used BT for around 18 months now.

On the phone to Zen daily at work but that's usually down to routers not handling the amount of crap companies are downloading and the router not handling it. There customer service is usually quite good. As with every company, you get the lazy one who can not be bothered.
Cavey

12th Mar 08 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As i said in another thread.

I would recommend be to anyone http://www.bethere.co.uk Their part of O2, but don't let that put you off.

They've been brilliant with me, customer service has been awesome, any problems i've had, i'll email them, then get a txt when it's replied to (usually about half hour)

Our modem arrived a day late, so they gave us a month free, and i've had no downtime with them since September.

BT - £11.50 a mnth Be - £18 for (up to) 24mb

I recommend them
Sam
Premium Member

15th Mar 08 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cavey - O2 broadband are cheaper than Be Internet, obviously use the same service, and it's even cheaper if you supply a PAYG or contract O2 number on registration.
Hammer

17th Mar 08 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/ecomm_files/bb_offer/BB_offer.html?s_cid=con_email_marketing_Q4BB_blackhub_emailfurl1

Recieved in an email today!

New Poll