corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Graphs for Steve

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Graphs for Steve
Paul_J

User status: Offline
24th Jan 08 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Can I make the point that even at 1080 vertical res, they are still not equivalent to physical media unless they are undetectable to the human eye and ear. Lets be right about this, you have that res now if you murdered the bitrate and didn't mind lego brick dithers and phonebox audio.

This is not just about screen res.

exactly.
John

24th Jan 08 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get hd movie downloads in acceptable quality from 2-4 gig, I was saying that its not as good as the discs which was my point but it is acceptable and does come with 5.1 sound.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do people try and insult my intelligence.
the movie i downloaded was significantly better quality than dvd, had 5.1 etc. ok it may not have quite the quality of a high bitrate 50gb movie on bluray, but it was better than dvd.

Also my point was downloading is the future, and in the future im going to stick my neck out and say our internet connections will be faster,meaning high bitrate 50gb movie downloads will be realisticly possible.

lets also not forget mp3's are lower bitrate than full blown cda and music off a cd, yet its still the media of choice for the masses
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also id be willing to bet average joe wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between the movie i downloaded and one off a disk.

and once you win average joe over you have your preffered method for the masses
_Allan_

24th Jan 08 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve has a good point though. 700mb DVD rips are often good quality. Happy enough to sit and watch one and can be downloaded in a couple of hours. I can see a decent enough 1-2 GB HD rip with a decent codec used being an even better picture and acceptable to most on unlimited BB contracts to download. The connection speeds will only get quicker, even BT wish to roll out 24mb lines soon but as ever will take some time to implement.

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by _Allan_]
Jakey
Premium Member

26th Jan 08 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ludacris Turbo

Xzibit
22B

26th Jan 08 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
Steve has a good point though. 700mb DVD rips are often good quality. Happy enough to sit and watch one and can be downloaded in a couple of hours. I can see a decent enough 1-2 GB HD rip with a decent codec used being an even better picture and acceptable to most on unlimited BB contracts to download. The connection speeds will only get quicker, even BT wish to roll out 24mb lines soon but as ever will take some time to implement.

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by _Allan_]

I used to have NTL 20mb broadband, last I heard they were trialling the 50mb service, only problem was the upload speeds were pretty poor, think 20 meg was only 1.5 meg upload, maybe less

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll