corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I'm depressed......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I'm depressed......
-Aliba-

User status: Offline
   19th Feb 03 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God i hate this guff.

Just got my results back from uni.
Doing an ACCOUNTANCY degree but i've got to sit managing????? economics????? and scots law (nout to do with financial law)????

I mean, WTF!!!

I can only really be arsed with accounting. I could sit and do it all day quite happily, but evrything elseis pure sh1te!!!

So, i got an A in Accountancy , and failed law and economics .

I cant be arsed with this shit for another 3 or 4 years!!!
Fad

19th Feb 03 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh mate i am in the same boat...i hate mnagemnt accounts i got to repeat that too...scrapped ecconmic just
-Aliba-

19th Feb 03 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To me accounting for some reason is just a walk in the park.

Law, i mean, do i need to know in the future about women falling off of toilets and suiing?? Do i really need to know???

Managing (i will have passed it but thats not the point!)? If i wanted to be a manager, then i would have taken a managing degree.

Economics? blaa blaaa blaaaa
Dan B

19th Feb 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started off in Uni doing Accountancy, and had to do Micro/Macro-Economics and The History of British Economics...

Passed all the Accounting & Maths modules pretty easily, but failed the Economics ones......ended up changing to Maths, and got that degree instead!
-Aliba-

19th Feb 03 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been like this all the way through school aswell. I just dont see the point in doing shite, which is NOT needed or will ever be used again, which also depresses folk! At school i'd do accounts easy enough, but never seen tghe point in learning about integers and all the advanced maths sh1te.
-Aliba-

19th Feb 03 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want to know the best of it???

I'm suppose to be at a macro-economics lecture at the moment but i know that if i went i wouldnt pick anything up cos all the guy shows is bloody graphs. Graphs, graphs, graphs!!!! And that would p1ss me off even more so i'd end up in a worse state.
SetH

19th Feb 03 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pick a better Course then, do your research find out what modules you will be doing over the 3/4 years. Didnt you research this degree before you applied for it? you must have known it would have had the Law and management modules?

[Edited on 19-02-2003 by SetH]
-Aliba-

19th Feb 03 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i didnt bother because, i went on a work experience placement in third year at school to an accounts office, and worked every summer since then in their. They asked me every time if i wanted to stay on if i was leaving school.

Accounts to me is easy. End up with BIG bucks, but i just cant stick these other daft modules.

I'm one of those folks that is more than capable of being an accountant, but i also love doing manual work e.g. basically using my hands for anything other than typing and writing.
Fad

19th Feb 03 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm the same mate i can do accounts its just some of the useless apects that bogg me down like law and econimics etc....i pref manual work like my part time job...but theres no future in it mate
-Aliba-

19th Feb 03 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i know, so i know. Also looking for a part-time job. Probably can get into the accounts office again for some work when i aint at uni, but to be honest, i'd rather leave the shirt and tie job till later on, and hopefully get a "hands on" part-time job for the momento.
Fad

19th Feb 03 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come to a cross road @ da mo...not sure whether to leave and get a trainee job or to carry on in the hope i come out with a 2-1 or lower... Really need a 2-1 min to get most jobs...gettin a 2-1 in accounts is pretty hard
-Aliba-

19th Feb 03 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats whats in ma head.

The right thing i'm sure is to stick it out and stay on at uni, but i know folks that are on BIG money and have NO qualifications whatsoever!

e.g. about a year ago, my mate had earned £28,000 in one year for doing electrical work of some sort around the country. And he is far more than a few toppings short of a pizza!!!

[Edited on 19-02-2003 by -Aliba-]
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

19th Feb 03 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats pretty pi55 poor man sorry to hear it. Just gone through my big downer session so things are on the way up now so look forward to your good times ahead matey
--------------------------------------
Yours Stoney CorsaSport Moderator/Organiser : Scotland

stoneyginger@corsasport.co.uk
Click here to sign up for Premium Membership
www.Stoneyginger.co.uk
-Aliba-

19th Feb 03 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i've decided that i'll stay on, maybe.
Got one thot and only one thot:
If i get a part time job doing whatever, then student loan amount in my bank is getting spent on the car, like it or lump it!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I'm depressed...... 22 database queries in 0.0110440 seconds