corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My SXi's story

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My SXi's story
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Dec 07 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had the SXi for 2 years now but with recent changes of ideas I feel it's appropriate to make a progress thread, to keep anyone interested up to date.

I bought it back in November 2005, it was completely standard and exactly what I was looking for. It come with 38000 miles, it had pretty much been sat in a garage for 10 months waiting for the previous owner to pass her test, when she passed she decided she didn't like it

Unfortunately I wasn't really into photos when I got it so I've not got any photos of it standard.

The day after I picked the car up I fitted a Blaupunkt cd player which I had been given for free from some girl at work

By the end of December I was sick of said cd player due to a faulty volume button, so I decided to spend my birthday money on a new Alpine headunit, with an ipod adapter. That was it for a few months till I got a bit more money together then it was time for some lowering so I bought a Bilstein Sprintline kit, with 40mm drop.

Some more money saved up then I invested in a brand new set of Comp MO 6 spokes. They'd only just been released at the time and I don't think they'd ever been fitted on a Corsa

After the alloys I bought myself a Cybox cat-back system

Not the greatest pic but I've not got many of it

After spending everyday for about 2 weeks trying to get it to stop catching on the rear beam and stop it blowing, I got pissed off and left it.

Next up came my smoked side repeaters, ordered them early December hoping to have them for Christmas, they eventually turned up on my birthday (9th Jan)

Within a week I'd also bought myself a set of depos. Got a new camera for my birthday too, so went out and got some photos, don't like cleaning the car in winter tho

After 8 months of having my exhaust banging on the rear beam everytime I went over a bump, and it was still blowing I decided to get rid and sort myself a custom cat-back instead.

After a quote of £200, I decided it would be a Longlife system, fitted by Tony Banks in Leeds, so had a nice trip over to Leeds, and spent the day with them whilst they built my exhaust up. Did a spot on job never had any trouble since although I'm regretting the sound I went for

Just a quick pic I took the following morning

As the weather started to improve I debaged the backend, treated it to a clean and some new photos

In the lead up to PVS, there was a few little bits I wanted sorted. One of the rear lights had a slight chip in it so I bought a set from cfuk I also bought myself a Tigra scuttle panel and a new drivers side rear arch after attempting the heatgun method That's the last time I listen to my dad when he says 'you've just gotta be brave'

Then more pics

I also got myself some rear mudflaps for PVS, but no pics.

So, the morning before PVS, I spent 4 hours cleaning it, I'd already cleaned the interior the night before, then set off to PVS.

On the way, can't believe my brother ran over and stood there

When we arrived

On the stand

Bought myself a slatted grill at PVS, fitted it the following morning

Was never 100% on the grill, then 2 weeks later

Decided shortly after that I would get it sorted for as little as possible, then sell early next year.

Eventually got it fixed up by the end of November, all in cost about £120, not bad, then just after we had a photoshoot

Still not 100%, slam panel is bent, but it'll do for now

Since the photoshoot, my plans have changed and I'll be keeping the car for the forseeable future, so I have since stripped out the rear, no pics yet, and there is going to be quite a few more modifications in the future hopefully.

Didn't realise my car had such a big history

Hope no-one fell asleep
FruitBooTeR

27th Dec 07 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like it
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

27th Dec 07 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Haimsey
Premium Member

27th Dec 07 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very smart
How high is it at the back now with a stripped out rear? Will you not need to lower it a tad more so its not looking like a dragster?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Mike
Premium Member

27th Dec 07 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does sit higher at the back, but there's not much difference, I think it looks better now

I've had it loaded up with stuff recently tho, and it's been fairly low but it didn't seem to suit it
badboy1989

27th Dec 07 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking gud bud looked nicer with slatted grille but shame ya smashed it lol looking good again now bud keep up gud work,

btw like ya numba place GTE stylee
badboy1989

27th Dec 07 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps the flame red in the shoot looks gud lol
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Dec 07 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOVE the wheels

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
flybikeslee

27th Dec 07 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mike cant wait for some better weather, will have to go somewhere with the boys for some decent piccies and a day out
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

27th Dec 07 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spot my car

I also love the wheels Mike, although as I said to you before, I swear they are 17's, they look huge parked next to mine!

[Edited on 27-12-2007 by tom_simes]
sport16v

27th Dec 07 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovely there, nice and subtle
lil_hobbo

28th Dec 07 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what it feels lyk wen u crash a fukin taxi driver hit me... its driveable still just luks shite lol
Mike
Premium Member

28th Dec 07 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
hi mike cant wait for some better weather, will have to go somewhere with the boys for some decent piccies and a day out

Sound's like a plan Lee

Cheers for all the comments
mattk

28th Dec 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work Mike, never seen those wheels anywere else

STOP....... Hammer Time
Mike
Premium Member

28th Dec 07 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I finally took the rear wiper off today, so I thought I'd go out for a drive and try and get some pics.

Didn't take many pics cos it was raining most of the time. I found my way to Formby pinewoods to try and get some there why I had my tripod, but after taking 3 photos, 2 land rovers come driving up the road towards me, stopped, a fella got out of the first one and asked what I was doing. Told him I was getting some photos, then he told me I can't cos it's private land and I wasn't supposed to be there, oops. So I ended up with 1 decent photo out of the lot which doesn't even show the back end.

[Edited on 28-12-2007 by Mike B]
mattk

28th Dec 07 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tut what a pair of twats, not doing any harm

looks tidy though

And clean for a change!
Mike
Premium Member

28th Dec 07 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
tut what a pair of twats, not doing any harm

looks tidy though

And clean for a change!

That camera is like magic

Still not been cleaned since that last photoshoot, not washed it by hand since PVS
Haimsey
Premium Member

28th Dec 07 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can tell its not been cleaned by the rear window

Looks cool as it stands though

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
mattk

28th Dec 07 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks super clean compared with what it were like last time I seen it

Ive seen it ALOT worse

Usually says C20XE on the back window too
Mike
Premium Member

29th Dec 07 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not been cleaned since last time you saw it, the only reason it doesn't say 2.0XE anymore is cos more dirt's covered it up

Think the rain helped to cover the dirt up a bit too

Cheers Marc
mad_mike252

29th Dec 07 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice
AndyCorsaSport

29th Dec 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice mate, looks very tidy.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
Bought myself a slatted grill at PVS, fitted it the following morning

Looks alot like mine

Mike
Premium Member

29th Dec 07 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They could be twins
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

29th Dec 07 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Triplets I think Mike

Haimsey's:
Mike
Premium Member

29th Dec 07 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Technically it's back to twins now tho, I'm back to the V grill

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My SXi's story 24 database queries in 0.0379312 seconds