corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My SXi's story

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My SXi's story
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Apr 08 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, still not been cleaned too

Although the bonnet's been sort of slightly polished I tried to clean it cos my dad was whinging about the offensive grafitti I cleaned it, and you could still read it Had to polish it out, still not gone proper but can't be read so no more writing on my car! Paintwork's bad enough as it is

Think I may give it a good clean soon, I tend to get the urge around summer when it's nice and it'll stay clean for longer than 20 mins

Don't know if the paint'll come out any good tho, not had much luck upto now
Mike
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that's not good

My new AFM arrived today just fitted it and took it out for a test, good times it can now be ragged, seems to pull very nicely now, bad times, it feels like it does when you disconnect the AFM

When you rev it, it bogs down before picking up again, and then when you actually pull away it flat spots, the more throttle the bigger the flat spot

Gonna email the seller now, see how good the 12 month warrenty is

I've had a non gen AFM before, that seemed exactly the same as my original but broke after about 9 or 10 months, I was expecting the same from this tbh, but it's already broke when I fitted it

Wish me luck
Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sucks. You deffo sure its a GM one. I have about 3 non-GM's sat in the cupboard at home

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Mike
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it's not a GM one, I don't wanna payout for a GM one cos hopefully the engine will be coming out before autumn, just wanted something to tide me over.

Why have you got 3?
Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right. I misunderstood What did you expect My old one was worse with a non-gm one, so i stuck the 'buggered' GM one back on

I bought one by mistake £60 up the creek no refund from a cunt ebayer. Bought a GM one from someone on here, turned out not to be GM CBA messing around when they know they lied. The third turned up from somewhere I have 2 buggered GM ones too somewhere

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly used every smiley in that reply

Marcy Marc

Corsa_Scotty

10th Apr 08 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I said, I've had a non GM one on it before that I got from a local factors, that was £80odd and felt the same as the GM one but broke after about 10 months. Which would work quite well for me really but this one just feels like I've disconnected it I've put the GM one back on now, which means my 3.5k limit is now back

This one was £20 on ebay, and said it had a 12 month warrenty, I thought it'd probably cover me till I took the engine out. I'm not staying restricted to 3.5k till the engine comes out but the cheapest GM one I've heard about is a refurb one for £60. That £60 could go towards a Calibra or conversion bits
Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3.5k limit I rarely go above 3.5k

Marcy Marc

Mike
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously?

Mine's running lean over 3.8k so I've limited myself to 3.5k incase I get carried away, I can realise before I do damage

I don't usually go over 3k around town but as soon as I see a national speed limit sign, I generally don't stop till the redline Give it a serious ragging when I was out just, went down some back road at one point tho, and it was terrible everytime I changed gear or had to back off, when I got back on the throttle, it bogged down for a second, doesn't sound nice to, buuuuuh BAAAAAAAAAAH
Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah.

Generally change at 2-3k when cold and no more than 3.5 when warm If im feeling really daring i go to 4k

Marcy Marc

Mike
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've really become a stickler for warming it up tbh, wait for the temp gauge to get upto temp, then give it another 5 mins for the oil to warm up, un that time I don't take it past 2.5k, then once it's sufficiently warmed I build up the revs, 500 revs at a time, so hit 3k a couple of times, then 3.5k, 4k and so on then once it's been round to 5.5k a few times, I'm perfectly happy to give it death
Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only time id be up to that would be if i was getting a new engine or when i can afford to fix what i break

Marcy Marc

mattk

10th Apr 08 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just drive it, or unplug it
Mike
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unplugging it makes it undriveable, I tried the other week, after about 2 mins of driving in traffic, I unharnessed myself, and jumped out at a set of lights to reconnect it

I really am getting the feeling that I'm gonna be limited to 3.5k till the engine comes out
pow
Premium Member

11th Apr 08 at 08:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your really not doing you engine ANY good by running your car like that thought
Mike
Premium Member

11th Apr 08 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It runs fine under 3.8k, the air/fuel is right so won't be doing any harm it's just if I go over that things might start melting

Just got an email back from the seller, very popular item, never have many complaints, obviously the odd one gets through with em being mass produced, send it back, we'll test it, if it is at fault we'll send another. Wonder do I get any postage charges back if it is faulty?
James_H

11th Apr 08 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine does that well annoying.
flybikeslee

13th Apr 08 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sprayed your wheels mike or just a photoshop?
Mike
Premium Member

13th Apr 08 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a shop I did a while ago, think I may do it at somepoint tho, what d'you think?
Mike
Premium Member

3rd May 08 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot about this

Finally got my seats fitted the other week Just need to get some harness mounts welded in cos atm I can't adjust the seats and they're sat right forward, my brother's getting sick of his knees leaning on the glove compartment

Also got my front tyres sorted this afternoon, 2 Goodyear Eagle F1s, first impressions they seem alright, although they've only done 2 miles so not much testing has been done

Just hope they're better than my A539s in the wet, pulled off on some antiskid stuff a few days ago and the front wheels just lit up I was just pulling away normally, so in the wet A539s are fairly rubbish then when the tread's getting low, in the wet they're useless
flybikeslee

3rd May 08 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seats look but my fat arse disagree's
Mike
Premium Member

4th May 08 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun's long legs don't agree atm too
mattk

4th May 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my back doesnt agree, or my fat arse,

I love them though, have to say im inlove with the wheel to
Mike
Premium Member

4th May 08 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your back? They're perfectly comfy, I've not had a problem and I've spent quite a bit of time in em, PVS'll be the tester, although even if they're not great then, it's only a few times a year that I do drives that long, they'll still be fine tho, I just know

My brother's even said he might not mind em so much when he can move it back Winner

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My SXi's story 24 database queries in 0.1905382 seconds