corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My SXi's story

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My SXi's story
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Dec 07 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally pulled my finger out and got some pics of the stripped rear and my new grommet

As you can see, still not bothered to wash it, and there appears to be some rust starting where the rubber boot around the wiper motor was

Ah well pics

mattk

31st Dec 07 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Dec 07 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldnt do without my rear wiper
mattk

31st Dec 07 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike has an invisible one

Look you can see its sweep on the window
Mike
Premium Member

31st Dec 07 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only use my rear wiper when I've been lazy and not cleaned my car and you get the sun shining on it when you're reversing, be reet tho, just have to maybe clean me rear window a bit more often, or maybe even my whole car

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Dec 07 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about when its raining do you not look in your rear view?
Mike
Premium Member

31st Dec 07 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, it's only usually bad if there's spray about, can still use wing mirrors too.

If you polish em tho water pretty much just runs off
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

1st Jan 08 at 04:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have to have clear mirrors - heat them
and clear rear window - wipe it

cant stand looking into rain drops dunno what i did with my first corsa it had no heated mirrors
Mike
Premium Member

1st Jan 08 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find heated rear window helps sometimes, it's the same with most saloons tho, most don't have a rear wiper
flybikeslee

1st Jan 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont have a rear wiper also, bothered me at first but now couldn't care less
Mike
Premium Member

20th Feb 08 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, not done much for a while so today I headed off to Demon Tweeks with 2 missions, purchase a rear ARB and test out some bucket seats to see what suits me best.

Completed mission number 1 first, purchased a Whiteline 22mm rear ARB, then tested the seats. I already had Cobra Imola S's in mind but tested quite a few, most where either a bit too much for the road, ie. too small, crush the family jewels when you sit in em or just didn't feel supportive and maybe slightly oversized. There was one seat that seemed absolutely spot on, the Imola S. The standard one seemed the perfect size, grippy enough, without being stupidly tight.

I think someone I know has said seats so I think I'll be interogating them about em, and maybe grab a test drive too see what I think of them out on the road. Upto now tho, I think it's gonna be the Imola's. Don't know when yet, all down to money

Anyway, back to the ARB, I got home at about 5 it was going dark but I knew if I didn't get it fitted then, it'd probably be Friday before I could do it, so quickly unpacked it, glanced at the instructions, then off out to fit it

Took about half an hour then had a quick drive round the block.

OMG

I headed for a little bendy bit of road not far from home, on the way there I thought I'd make sure it wasn't making any noises or anything, so just started weaving quickly. Noticed the difference just weaving at 30, steering is sooo much sharper, it shit me up how quick it turned in Wasn't expecting that big a difference but it's amazing, I'd recommend it to anyone

Hit 67k this morning too, done nearly 30k in it now, and still love it, service time soon, then it's getting rolling roaded again, hopefully I'll manage to get 80bhp this time, I was 0.6 short last time

[Edited on 20-02-2008 by Mike B]
flybikeslee

21st Feb 08 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fit an ARB for me mike, not i don't know how, just cba wash your car you bum
Mike
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you know it isn't clean?

You're right tho, it's filthy. I'll fit you an ARB, if you clean my car and get rid of all the swirls.

I actually ended up today, stood at the side of the road, bonnet up, opened my freshly filled screenwash bottle, put my hand in then flicking water over the windscreen Washer jets have give up again, thought it was just that they were empty but I filled it up and they're still not working Have to try and have a look at them tomorrow. I could barely see out the windscreen
lil_g

21st Feb 08 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick a pin up the washer jets

Love it Mike
Grommet makes such a difference to the back end
Mike
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Gregg last time there was a load of white stuff all blocked up around the pump, gonna have a look at that again tomorrow, think I only did half a job last time so it's probably all clogged there again. Give it a proper clean this time
little_duke

21st Feb 08 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice,love them wheels
Mike
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

I kinda like em too
Mike
Premium Member

4th Mar 08 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought some new bits today

Went to Tweeks, ordered my seats and harnesses, should be ready to pick up around the end of the month, and bought a steering wheel, boss kit and side mounts for the seats

Probably fit the steering wheel tomorrow, it's a little bit smaller than standard which should be just about right

I kept thinking about starting with the Scratch X again this morning but it went cold and I ended up by the time I was done with work, I phoned Tweeks at about 5 to 4, decided I was going had to go and get money then get to Tweeks before they closed I managed about 50 mins, part in rush hour traffic too. Usually takes just over an hour when it's quiet
Haimsey
Premium Member

5th Mar 08 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clean the bloody thing though

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Mike
Premium Member

5th Mar 08 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had an offer off someone to polish it Just have to supply brews

We'll see
Kathryn W

8th Mar 08 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gaz has that steering wheel
Mike
Premium Member

8th Mar 08 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a good steering wheel

All fitted now, just finished wiring the horn up, it's been without since Wednesday

Just need to service it before it gets rolling roaded again next Saturday, and possibly goes up the strip at Santa Pod on the Sunday, if I can pull my finger out and find somewhere to stay
Mike
Premium Member

17th Mar 08 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, took it to the S/E rolling road day yesterday, didn't go to plan

After the first run the operator shouted me over telling me it's running lean over 4000 revs, and it was lean enough to do damage, suspected AFM.

I already know that an AFM is £250 from Vauxhall cos I enquired a while ago. Problem being, any money spent on this engine is just gonna push back the conversion, so my options are keep an eye out round the local scrappies, where I've never seen a 12v or 1.2 16v, which both have the AFM that I need, leave it disconnected but everyone seems to advise that I don't do that or go for an ebay chip, which'll make it run a bit rich but it's still better than it running very lean.

I'm hoping the XE is gonna be coming along sooner than expected. Cos of this happening yesterday, I've been doing some thinking about it, I'm planning on phoning my insurance tomorrow to see how much extra they're gonna add for the conversion, and then I'll just have to get saving, and selling any of my original stuff that I can get away with selling.

Noticed this morning that my front tyres appear to be getting a bit low again may have to put the rears on the front and put 2 of the originals on the back, don't think I could live with 165's on the front again, not after last time

Just my luck isn't it, I payout £750 on seats and a steering wheel, then realise my tyres are ready to expire and I've got engine problems, when I now really don't wanna be spending out to fix any of em.

Especially now that I don't like my Yoko's so I wanna go for Eagle F1's, which I think are about £20 a tyre more

Maybe all this superstition lark's right, I smashed my visor mirror when I was trying to remove my steering wheel
Mike
Premium Member

8th Apr 08 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally bit the bullet and I've just bought a none gen AFM off ebay, that'll hopefully be here in the next few days then there'll be some serious raggage

Got a quote for seat rails welded in last week, £250 to cut original mounts out, weld 4 bars in and 2 harness mounting points. Gonna nip to Magnum Motorsport tomorrow see what they can do, it's only a mile from my house and I never even knew about it

Got a price for the Eagle F1's too, £59 a corner, cheaper than I was expecting

Get those sorted then I'll be saving for a Calibra There's gonna be space on my drive after Monday too, plus the garage should be a lot emptier
flybikeslee

8th Apr 08 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My SXi's story 24 database queries in 0.2007391 seconds