corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Virgin ADSL help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Virgin ADSL help
John

User status: Offline
18th Dec 07 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking for some legal jargon to quote if possible.

I am currently having no end of trouble with my virgin adsl.

The speeds are an absolute disgrace, it's taking 1 minute + regularly to load even corsasport.

I've not been mega downloading recently, the odd tv show and thats about it.

My original contract with virgin stated that if I wanted out of the contract before the 12 months were up all I had to pay was the 40 quid activation fee they originally waived.

This has now changed, without notifying me, to paying the rest of the contract up.

They have so far basically told me to fuck off and are not interested in doing anything.

One of my mates had it, he wasn't a new connection so was a one month rolling contract, he tried to cancel and they wanted £50 from him, he got his mac and cancelled the direct debit, they set another one up without his consent.

The money comes out of my mums bank or i'd have cancelled they direct debit by now, don't particularly want them chasing her for it.

The service is unusable now not just your usual slow at peak times.

Has anybody had anything like this before or any ideas on how i can get out of this without paying the remainder
Aaron

18th Dec 07 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably something to do with this then http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7149931.stm
John

18th Dec 07 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's nothing to do with that, that was the cable side of things.

It has been happening for months now, just getting unbearable now, can't even browse CS.

The fact that they have changed the t&c's and I do not have a copy of the original ones is also pissing me off.
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Dec 07 at 02:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone them up and state that you are going to change your service as soon as possible. They will put you on a retention offer that is ridiculously cheap.

But if not, are you paying £18 for 2mg bb? You should be paying £10 by now anyway mate.
John

23rd Dec 07 at 02:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was payin 19.99 for 8 meg broadband and phone.

I have now got my mac code and last night signed up to plusnet.

They want 80 quid off me, guy recommended I write a letter to head office with various proof of the shitty speeds, which I will do.

He also read me out my password over the phone, not happy about that at all, that'll be going in the letter, at the very best thats extremely bad practice and i'm not sure about the legality of it.
Richie

23rd Dec 07 at 03:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to get out of a 12 month contract with Supanet only 1 month into it.....

I used www.l8nc.com to plot incoming latency which showed up how bad their traffic shaping was affecting my connection, and I also had a weeks worth of data collected from http://speedtester.bt.com

All of that went in a 4 page letter with evidence to Ofcom and Supanet and they gave me my MAC code straight away.
John

23rd Dec 07 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats exactly the sort of thing i'm doing, except they have already given the mac code.
Richie

23rd Dec 07 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supanet had no quibbles giving me the mac code in the first place... however the mac code would have come bundled with a bill for the remainder of my contract if i didnt do what I did.
John

23rd Dec 07 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They want me to pay £80 odd, i told them to give me the mac and i'd worry about the fee later, can't put up with it anymore, my latency is a joke, over a minute for pages to load etc, 6.6kps downloads max.
Richie

23rd Dec 07 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John

23rd Dec 07 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do

New Poll