corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » vista msn?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author vista msn?
Jas

User status: Offline
26th Oct 07 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possible, mines gone all loopy since installing... any ideas?
simon179

27th Oct 07 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vistas networkin is shite in general! takes for ever to pick up default gateway an keeps droppin the connection thats proberbly part of teh problem as tends to overload connections easy on vista
LeeM

27th Oct 07 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have vista and have no problems on either points mentioned
Marc

27th Oct 07 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines ok.
Jas

27th Oct 07 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps mines vista ultimate
Marc

27th Oct 07 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on business.
jamied

27th Oct 07 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by simon179
vistas networkin is shite in general! takes for ever to pick up default gateway an keeps droppin the connection thats proberbly part of teh problem as tends to overload connections easy on vista

what a load of crap!
its a problem with your connection not vista. Vistas networking is more advanced and reliable than ever before.overload connections? again must be your pc/router
LeeM

27th Oct 07 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

home premium or watever, cnt get ultimate on a laptop apparantly
Steve
Premium Member

27th Oct 07 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably drivers

vista would not work properly at all with my 3com wireless card
Marc

27th Oct 07 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting.
simon179

28th Oct 07 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 306CORSA
quote:
Originally posted by simon179

what a load of crap!
its a problem with your connection not vista. Vistas networking is more advanced and reliable than ever before.overload connections? again must be your pc/router

yeh more advanced but more shite! its way too buggy! it takes ages to discover dns and default gateway and has trouble realising thier is an internet connection on the network!

its ok when wired but wireless is shit even on more popular and tested hardware
Steve
Premium Member

28th Oct 07 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont vista itself is to blame, but more the drivers for the hardware
LeeM

28th Oct 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im usually connected to my wireless network before my desktop has finished loading, which itsself only takes a matter of seconds.
i'll agree with drivers took me hours to sort out my built in card reader on my laptop
jamied

28th Oct 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have to completely disagree simon. my house is wireless and it connects in literally couple seconds and never has any problems at all.
simon179

28th Oct 07 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it is more than likely the drivers but even with the latest driver it isnt great! maybe sp1 will sort the issues who knows!

my pc is more than capable of runing vista! i have had a few routers since having vista all having the same problem!

the problem is intimitent! what happens is it will connect to the network, but wont find the internet connection on the network! even with a static ip it has this problem! sometimes you can just run a repair anfd it will work but more than likely it wont work and when you diognose the problem it says it cannot detect a dns contact ur system administrator or isp! but i know for a fact their is no problem with the internet connection as i dont have a problem connecting on my other computer and neither doesn anyone else in the house all of which have xp!

their is nothing on any forums about a fix for thsi but their are alot of people having this problem! which is the main reason dell stopped seling vista as the default os on their new machines after only 2 months of doing so, now you have 2 request vista off dell! they do not recomend it an thety tell you they cant offer full support! is that not saying somthing!

other than this problem i havent had a problem with vista i actually really liek it! but its starting to annoy me now this problem and im thinking of buying another hard drive and installing xp and running taht as my main boot then if i have any need for vista i will boot form my vista drive!

if anyone knows how to sort the problems i and many other people are having please tell me but because non of you seem to have this problem i doubt any of you will have looked into it!
John

28th Oct 07 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not heard of any of that from dell tbh.

New Poll