corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Making trestles (Update: One Made Pic Added)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Making trestles (Update: One Made Pic Added)
MikeE

User status: Offline
26th Sep 07 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bad for first time, ive made a few pairs but i use the stanley folding saw horses most the time on site and chuck a old door or a 600mm X 1800mm sheet of ply as a bench top
sigibbons

User status: Offline
30th Sep 07 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaCF
Right, Spent some time today and made one of the two!

What you think? Im happy with it!

Thats a good first attempt! Should be great for what your using them for! The only thing i can say is that when im working on site i'm mostly using a hand held circular saw and if your ripping (cutting down the length) wood down the blade protrudes down through the wood so you will slightly cut through the top of your stools. On the top of your stools you have screwed down a piece of ply, thus meaning your saw blade could hit the head of a screw which would mess up your blade.

Also i do alot of roof work, cutting rafters/joists and when your trying to drag lengths of timber over one stool i've found that if you make your stools with the legs too close together then it tends to pull the stool over rather than slide across the top. I cant see really how far apart your legs are but its another consideration.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll