corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HL2 - Episode One Update

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HL2 - Episode One Update
Rus

User status: Offline
12th Jul 06 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half-Life 2: Ep. 1 Update
Apparently, we suck at Episode 1.
by Daemon Hatfield
July 10, 2006 - Valve has released an update for Half-Life 2: Episode One. The changes, announced on the Steam website, come as a result of statistics gathered as players make their way through the game.

Apparently, the elevator battle leading back up to City 17 was giving a lot of folks problems, and the update makes a few balance changes during the sequence. Specifically, more health has been added to the area, more cinderblocks and barrels have been added for use as gravity gun ammunition, extra shotgun shells have been added, and the number of zombies attacking the player has been reduced.

Whether you welcome the extra help or not, the updates will automatically take place next time you log in.

dunno about you guys, but i thought that scene was bloody hard and 'im glad they've made it easier.
_Allan_

12th Jul 06 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it was difficult but it was also poorly coded. It gave you no time to explore each of the cages and get to the ammo and health before you were attacked. Also the torch was bloody useless, they could have at least added a few more light switches or flares to throw around the basement. I did it by mainly running around waiting for the elevator. When it came I left loads of enemies behind.
SetH

12th Jul 06 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol great, im playing it on hard guess ill be fcuekd when i get to this bit
Jules

12th Jul 06 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought HL2 was so overated, and I won't be buying the follow on.

New Poll