corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » GT5 Prologue - EVO vid incar

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GT5 Prologue - EVO vid incar
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 07 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paperazzi
fir3vip3r

23rd Aug 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rus
PAP?

yes... pap

im not going to swear on an internet forum its unbecoming of a gentleman
Rus

23rd Aug 07 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r its unbecoming of a gentleman

fpmsl whatever floats your boat
Butler

23rd Aug 07 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it looks great! I dont give a sod if the hand doesnt come off the steering wheel, or even if there is damage in the game to be honest. The graphics look very advanced and if the gameplay of the old ones is to go on then it should be good
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Aug 07 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clearly you dont know how cars handle if ou thought the gameplay of the old one was very good i got bored after 4 hours or so on gt4
John

23rd Aug 07 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve i think this is another matter of opinion thing.

I love gt, it didn't bother me that I could bounce of walls.
Butler

23rd Aug 07 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
clearly you dont know how cars handle if ou thought the gameplay of the old one was very good i got bored after 4 hours or so on gt4

Yes Steve, sorry ive never driven a car and because you got bored it means the game must be crap.

I said the gameplay was good, as in I enjoyed it. I dont give a toss if the gameplay is 100% realistic. Its a game Steve, its meant to be fun. If you didnt enjoy it, I dont really care.
Joe

23rd Aug 07 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A1EX
Can you not see the bonnet if u are sitting in an evo? i know some cars u cant. Also i didnt know evos came with auto gear boxes, not once did his hand come off the stearing wheel to change gear, even if they were running auto gear changes it should still move..... looks like they went all out on graphics and forgot they were making a car racing game.....

You can get Evo Auto's.
Rus

25th Aug 07 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 more vids

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24082.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24096.html
Dom

25th Aug 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is, even FM2 isn't realistic, check out the brake glow for starters And the cars are a lot lot easier to drive in FM2 than FM1, things like the chevy's were absolute pigs to drive, just like they are in reallife, if you have a happy right foot. In FM2, the thing seems to stick to the road like glue and just waddles around corners without even the slightest of twitches from the rear.

To be honest, i wasn't impressed with FM2 (and i've said it in all of the other threads) and i've never been a fan of the GT series. But GT5 has come up with the goods unlike FM2, which promised revolutionary graphics - yea....
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 07 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sorry but if you turn assists off on fm2 the cars are not easy to control

i agree GT5 probably looks better frmo what we've seen and the brake glow on FM2 was silly i wasnt a fan of that, but im pretty certain FM2 will have far better physics, i followed the game closely and some of the extent they went to to get physics right were completely anal.

not to mention there is no damage
Rus

25th Aug 07 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the damage wasn't anything special in fm2 though was it
Rus

25th Aug 07 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in that second vid he also mentions changing bodyparts near the end of the clip.
Dom

25th Aug 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im sorry but if you turn assists off on fm2 the cars are not easy to control

i agree GT5 probably looks better frmo what we've seen and the brake glow on FM2 was silly i wasnt a fan of that, but im pretty certain FM2 will have far better physics, i followed the game closely and some of the extent they went to to get physics right were completely anal.

not to mention there is no damage

im sorry too steve, FM2 is fairly easy with assists off, perhaps you just lack practice
like i say, compared to FM1 the cars are a lot lot easier to control with assists off, especially the yank tanks (the porsche 993? was also a handful when tuned) which were nie impossible in Forza without coming off - yet FM2 allows you slide them around corners with no problems.

p.s - steve, im not gods gift to FM2 far from it, i do struggle with FM2, but i don't have problems keeping the cars off the grass (thats what i mean about it being easy).
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 07 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no doubt the physics werent exactly like real life, the physics in gt5 are bound to be worse, especially looking at those vids and seeing the suspension dive, the bouncing off walls, cars that are rubber banded etc, all points to good old granturismo with better graphics and more cars
cunningham

25th Aug 07 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the took simulator out of the title would folk then think its a good game?
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 07 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly it would be like PGR4 then
Rus

26th Aug 07 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GC 2007: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Eyes-on

Kazunori Yamauchi introduces us to his baby.

August 24, 2007 - You probably wouldn't know it by looking at him and his wide smile, but Kazunori Yamauchi has been sitting in the same demo room for two days. Most would crack under the pressure of the German Games Convention, kick down the door and start living life on the rails, but this is Gran Turismo and the man who built it. For more than a decade, Yamauchi has been bringing the Sony world its driving fix and said he feels like Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is the a step toward using technology to make the perfect driving simulator.

He's on the right track. The game will run at a steady 60 frames per second in 1080p.

Yamauchi sat down with IGN this afternoon and ran through Prologue's interface, headed to the track and answered some burning questions. What are you waiting for? This information isn't getting any newer …

My Page

When we sat down with Yamauchi, the first thing we noticed and he first thing he talked about was a flat screen television displaying the game's top screen -- or what Yamauchi calls "My Page." Each gamer will get this customizable screen that will display the current car from a driver's personal collection of unlocked vehicles, a personal calendar and much more.

Basically, this is the main hub of the game. A menu bar at the top of the screen will display your local time and weather as well as a global map where the pulsating red dot will be you, and the static dots will be your friends. When you select a pal to play, you'll be treated to the weather conditions for wherever they are. Yamauchi says it's a move to take online gaming beyond usernames and friend codes -- he wants players to have a personality.

That friendly vibe is shared by the screen's background. In it, the current car a player has selected for his or her races will sit and be ogled by the camera in some kind of setting -- today's was a small German town. You'll also have a calendar in the middle section of the screen. Here, you'll be able to see what tournaments and competitions are coming up both from friends and worldwide gigs.

Continuing our trek down the screen finds seven options on the bottom toolbar. Race will take gamers to the mode select screen; Garage will let you pick a vehicle from your collection; TV, which Yamauchi said he will talk more about at TGS, will showcase non-gameplay clips; Album will save your screenshots and replays for folks to stop in and see; Profile will allow you to tell other players about yourself; and Home will tie into Sony's online network in some way. Yamauchi said that in a perfect world Home would act as a gateway to Prologue and vice versa.

On the Racetrack

If you think 60 fps sound sweet, wait until you actually see Prologue in action. After showing us around the menu interface and all of the options the game will have, Yamauchi grabbed his red Ferrari and hit the road … err … at least the pit stop. Crew members in matching red suits ran around working on the car, and once Yamauchi was happy with his ride, his 200,000-polygon vehicle -- PS2 cars averaged about 4,000 polygons -- hit the pavement.

Now, chances are you read Wednesday's preview and don't need to listen to us rehash how awesome Prologue looks. Every twist, univocally textured taillight, dust cloud and near bump reminded us that this was the same sharp game, but as Yamauchi 's Ferrari weaved in and out of traffic and the creator spoke, new aspects seemed to jump to life.

Remember the hit or miss AI in previous GT games? That's gone. The system's been completely overhauled to make realistic choices and handle the brand new wrinkle of 16 racers on one track. As Yamauchi told us about his super-up opponents, we immediately noticed the little things that make a race car driver. As Yamauchi got ready to make his more from third to second, the Viper in front of him got wind of the move and began braking and swerving to block Yamauchi's access routes.

"Obviously, we need a more intelligent AI so that the race can run more smoothly," Yamauchi said through his translator, Tsubasa Inaba.

Eventually -- as you'd expect -- Yamauchi kicked it into overdrive and made it around his virtual competitors to come in No. 1. With the race done, the game moved directly into a replay mode that ran the battle in its entirety while cutting to a vaiety of camera angles round the track. With the bells and whistles, replays will be forced to drop to 30 fps, but Yamauchi hopes people understand and feel the dramatic sequences.

Your Questions Answered

Obviously, conversing through a translator is never the easiest way to get your point across -- especially when there's more than one journalist in the room firing different questions at you. Below you'll find summarized questions from IGN and paraphrased responses -- and a few quotes via Inaba -- from Yamauchi.

Will there be custom wheel to go along with the game?

"There is one," Yamauchi said. "A new one is in development, actually. There's not really much we can talk about at this moment." Good news, right? Well, kind of. Yamauchi went on to explain that the wheel was on target to be released with GT5 and not Prologue.

Will customization be reflected in a car's physical appearance?
Down the road, yes. Right now, no. Yamauchi said that one of the main benefits to developing this title on the PS3 is that the system is powerful enough to craft detailed cars with realistic features inside and out. Cars are built piece by piece, which means changing individual bumpers and hoods is something -- like vehicle damage -- that they can see in the future as part of a system update.

So, you're working with Polyphony, which made the motorcycle game Tourist Trophy. Any chance we'll get motorcycles and cars in GT5?
Yamauchi said that as of right now, they can put motorcycles and cars on the same track with the engine back in the office. However, that's not going to happen in a retail game anytime soon. The company wants to focus on Prologue, GT5 and GT for PSP. Beyond that, Yamauchi said he'd be open to taking the GT universe and the Tourist Trophy Universe and creating one game.

Will there be online racing leagues?
They're working on it.

When will Prologue come to the U.S.?
Japan and Europe will launch before the end of the year, but nothing is decided for the United States. "Kazunori is kind of asking if you could write about it and say we want it before the end of the year in the U.S. as well," Inaba said.

How many cars are in the game?
Look for a core of 40 vehicles such as the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00, Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec '97 and Acura NSX '91.

26th Aug 07 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prologue will also be a free download from the playstation store
cunningham

26th Aug 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i knew the thing about the damage that they can have that added in via a downloadable patch
Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 07 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet money it will never have damage.

why are they harping on about 60fps like its something amazing FM2 had this years before this comes out
Rus

26th Aug 07 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your so full of shit steve. you didn't stop going on about fm2's 60fps.
cunningham

27th Aug 07 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its been confirmed there will be damage
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Aug 07 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the physics in gt5 are bound to be worse
You're not guessing on the internet again are you
Steve
Premium Member

27th Aug 07 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no im going by its predecessors in the series and the vids iv seen.

we will see

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll