corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The mk1 Golf - sold

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The mk1 Golf - sold
Nath

User status: Offline
15th Sep 07 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant with putting on the stripe, but yeah that too
Robin
Premium Member

15th Sep 07 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right yeah

I actually had to do the back of one door twice, but I'd put water down first so it would peel off as I knew I'd fuck it up the first time

Wasn't anywhere near as bad to do as I expected.
Nath

15th Sep 07 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember trying to put the bump strips back on the side of my old Corsa, that was a bloody nightmare! I didn't have anything to line it up with, just pictures! I gave up in the end and went without
Robin
Premium Member

15th Sep 07 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, at least there was a line to work from along the the door No way they'd look right if I'd had to measure it
Robin
Premium Member

19th Sep 07 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ordered some steering rack mount bushes.

Hopefully that'll be all it needs to get through the MOT next month.
rustyarchs

19th Sep 07 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another sexy mk1 golf !!

good taste young man
Robin
Premium Member

19th Sep 07 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swap for a white 944?
Dan295

19th Sep 07 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was browsing thru ed38 earlier and saw someones advert, i reckon those bbs 15x7 RS001's would be waaaaaaay better
Robin
Premium Member

19th Sep 07 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, these are a pain in the arse to clean as they are, with 30 bolts per wheel to clean round, I'd stab myself to get out of doing it

(I'm not keen on split rims anyway really, unless they're there for a reason )
Paul H

19th Sep 07 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oiiiii
Paul H

19th Sep 07 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin
Premium Member

19th Sep 07 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not known for sticking to my guns Paul, I'll probably have some by next week
Paul H

19th Sep 07 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your right though fcuking nightmare to keep clean.roll on winter so i can put the RA's back on and forget about them

[Edited on 19-09-2007 by Paul H]
rustyarchs

19th Sep 07 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Swap for a white 944?

i plan on getting a white mk1 convertable one day
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Sep 07 at 03:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't joking Stu

I've ordered this -

a new front spoiler (which doesn't have a chunk missing at the top)

and I'm bidding on some VDO gauges with oil pressure and temp senders, full loom and all the bits.

still need a glovebox catch though, the rattle from my glovebox is driving me insane now.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Sep 07 at 03:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, I've found a mobile arch roller too ( http://www.archenemy.co.uk ), charges £100 for 4 arches, £10 per pair for trimming and bonding arch trims, and £10 if it's outside Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, North London or Essex.

So, even though I'm about 3 miles North of the Bedfordshire border, it's going to cost me a tenner more

Still, £130 for 4 arches with bonded and trimmed trims isn't bad, and from all the posts I've seen about them, their work is top notch.

Then I can go lower/wider (8" ET25 with a 5mm spacer to clear the suspension, which will sit the outside of the wheels 11mm further out, hence the need for arch rolling) and not fail the MOT for having arch/tyre contact in the mean time

I already have some wheels in mind, which are cheap ish, lightweight and are 100% going to split opinions straight down the middle, but we all like a bit of controversy, don't we? I like them anyway, even if the scene police won't.

[Edited on 22-09-2007 by Robin]
Paul H

22nd Sep 07 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcuk that i would drive the 3 miles and let him do it at the side of the road

£130 is a good price mate
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Sep 07 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, he's a bit worried that the rear arches have been replaced though, not sure why, but I've e-mailed him back to see what the problem is.

If he does do it, it'll be next Friday.

Won these on ebay anyway -

Robin
Premium Member

22nd Sep 07 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, I've encountered a problem

£130 for arches
£37 for gauges
£50 for KR engine

That leaves me with £3 in my bank account

Needs an MOT next month
Paul H

23rd Sep 07 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know how you feel gone £84 into my overdraft this month which is very rare for me
nova_gteuk

23rd Sep 07 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair do robin's mk1 is the sexiest damn golf on the road.makes me wanna sex wee just looking at it

Im buying another mk2 gti this week coming,just think i need to get a job and start saving for a mk1
Rob_Lee
Banned

23rd Sep 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob... one word

Perfect
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Sep 07 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers Rob

I might have to sell up if I move though, there's no secure parking and I'd be paranoid about the car getting damaged (the house is well worth having to have something different though) so a mk2 might be on the cards, maybe.

I think I'm going to let the arch guy know I'll have to postpone him a month TBH, the MOT is far more important. I can drive it with standard arches, I can't without an MOT.

Picking the KR up tomorrow night, gauges on Tuesday probably, and I've got to get some new HT leads (again) to stop it missing when it's damp (there's a hole in one of them which I made, didn't think it'd be a problem though) and then I've got to do the steering rack bushes after getting them from GSF.

It's non stop
Paul H

23rd Sep 07 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin i bought some genuine quantum ones off the bay they come with the metal heat shield on the ends and are only £5 bargain.these are the ones vw sell you
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290148824867
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Sep 07 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ones I had had metal shields on them, but they were in the wrong place, so they wouldn't clip on to the plugs

So, in a moment of genius, I took a screwdriver and forced them off, which is how I split one of the ends, so now water gets in

I've already bought and paid for some from my local motor factors, but they were only £8, so it's not too bad.

I just hope the heatshields are in the right place this time

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The mk1 Golf - sold 23 database queries in 0.1925941 seconds