corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The mk1 Golf - sold

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The mk1 Golf - sold
Paul H

User status: Offline
25th Sep 07 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice kr conversion get a charger strapped to it
Robin
Premium Member

25th Sep 07 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, as I'll be replacing the pistons, I might put some G60 ones in it, depending on prices
Paul H

25th Sep 07 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yay you know you want too
been looking around for a g60 for mine
Robin
Premium Member

25th Sep 07 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's either that or a high compression 1.9 with throttle bodies.

I think I'll have to go for bigger capacity whatever I do as a 151k engine will have a bit of bore wear no doubt.
Robin
Premium Member

29th Sep 07 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the cams out of the 16v today, and the alternator off, picking up an engine stand on tuesday/wednesday so I can rip the engine apart properly (or at least get the head off). I'll get pics tomorrow.

Then I decided to fit my new wiper blades and HT leads... In the process of doing the leads, I managed to break a spark plug, so got a lift to Halfords, who didn't seen to understand that if I couldn't get any then, I couldn't use my car mugs.

Anyway, they didn't have any, so I'm fucked 'til Monday evening, and even then I'll have to order them because they don't stock them

I'll be buying 2 sets so this doesn't happen again.

I also got some paint for the rocker cover, but one of the cans I got wasn't a solid colour like I thought, it's more like a top coat, so I don't know what to do there...

Oh, and the socket I got for the head bolts was the wrong size

[Edited on 29-09-2007 by Robin]
broster
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 08:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dude, come to me for spark plugs, i can get them there and then!
Robin
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too late
Robin
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And I couldn't anyway, as I only had 3, the other one wouldn't have worked, so there's no way I could get to you.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the dials

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Marc

30th Sep 07 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice.

Did you not fancy a 2.0 16v??
Robin
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did, but they're quite hard to find, onle came in the Passat, Corrado and Audi 80. This one was REALLY cheap too, I would have paid about 5 times as much for a 2 litre.

I'll probably end up with 1900ccs anyway.
Marc

30th Sep 07 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooooooh!
Robin
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a right ballache today with the plugs, again...

This is the reason for changing them -

As you can see, the one on the left is missing a bit, which means the leads didn't clip on right (that's what you get for using leads from the wrong car)

So, after collecting them this morning, I tried fitting them and my new leads.

The first 2 were fine, came out ok, went in ok, and the leads went on. Then I got to the 3rd one, stuck, I got the breaker bar on it and it still wouldn't move, BUT, the top bit was missing, so I needed to do something or I would have had a fucked car for even longer.

Tried WD40, ran the car for a bit, which is just about managed, so I could try them when the engine was hot... nothing.

So I thought 'fuck it' and left it in I just unscrewed the top of the new plug and put it on the old on, chucked the lead on and hoped for the best, it worked, so that's all good.

Then I pulled the king lead off. That went badly. First, I shocked myself from the coil (which fucking hurts ) then I undid the battery, removed the coil, pulled the lead off with the coil off the car, put it all back together and it wouldn't start...

The lead wasn't sat in the distributor right, so I wiggled it and got a shock, AGAIN

Anyway, I got that in eventually, and it all works perfectly now, which is nice.

Here's some pics of the bits I took off the KR engine yesterday to counteract my essay skills

1 pair of KR cams with chain

1 KR alternator

3 belts

And a head, without cams

That's been covered up to stop the dirt getting in, don't worry.

So, 2 electric shocks, 1 stuck plug, winner.
broster
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl @ you shocking yourself!

if you need any parts let me know ill get them for you for helping work on my car
Robin
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pistons, rods, cams, rod bolts, plugs, leads, TBs, management, exhaust, pedal box, Vectra V6 calipers, 280mm G60 discs, erm, distributor

That'll do, I'll pay for the rest
broster
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, we have loads of throttle bodies in stock you know
Robin
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painted the cam cover, not happy with it though (I sanded too soon after spraying ), so there's a couple of bits which aren't right, so I'm going to sand it back, re prime it and re-paint it, leaving more time between coats so I get a better finish, might even attack it with a dremel to remove the little tabs and smooth the casting lines out.

But here's how it looks now

Primed

Painted

I need to get some masking tape and some matt white paint for it too, if I can be arsed.

[Edited on 30-09-2007 by Robin]
Marc

30th Sep 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can be arsed. Do it.
Robin
Premium Member

30th Sep 07 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My plan might look crap though, I'm not sure it'll work at all.

I suppose I could just put black over it if it looks shit though.

I might just get some chalk and colour it in to see if it works
SVM 286

30th Sep 07 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
garage - shocking

The cheek of it.
cash_2_my_corsa

1st Oct 07 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lookin gd dude....... hav u seen the blue/purple mk1 golf in lincoln??
Robin
Premium Member

1st Oct 07 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With gold wheels?
mwg

1st Oct 07 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Head would look good with the raised bits in white if thats what you were thinking
Robin
Premium Member

1st Oct 07 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sort of, but not quite. You'll see if I do it
Robin
Premium Member

4th Oct 07 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the head off the KR today, after picking up my M12 spline bit.

The bores look good, the engine turns over nicely, so that's nice.

Pics of the bores -

The head, on the other hand, shows signs that it was a little oily on cylinder 2 (the second one from the cambelt end anyway)

Not sure what the other valves show? Any ideas?

Head gasket was ok

BUT, I had a major issue with one of the exhaust manifold bolts. Well, 2 issues really, first of all, VW used 12mm bolts, which is stupid

Secondly, I got 7 of them off, then the last one rounded

So I gave up.

I've removed the valve followers too (the round buckety things, if they're the followers, I don't know) but didn't get a picture.

I also collected my kit car () it's a REALLY good kit, there's a choice of bumpers, wheels, clipper kit, BBS splitter, BBS (?) rear lower spoiler, plus 2 grilles and loads of awesome details.

However, I don't have any paint, glue or a craft knife, so I can't put it together yet

Anyway, pics

I got my engine stand too, but I need some bolts to mount the block to the stand, then I can get the sump off.

That's it for now.

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The mk1 Golf - sold 24 database queries in 0.4725451 seconds