corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Remote Central Locking - indicators flash wire ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remote Central Locking - indicators flash wire ?
amzee

User status: Offline
27th Jun 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey all, im new here and i have a standard corsa B 1998 with central locking. Basicaly i purchased a addon remote central locking kit which ive wired up and is working with the original central locking that came with the car.

Only problem i am having is trying to locate the wire(s) to make the indicators flash. My RCL kit has one posative output to make the indicators flash when you lock and unlock the doors.

Just wondering which wire(s) are used and where to locate them to make the indicators flash.

If anyone or any alarm experts could help this would be a great help.

Cheers
AmZeE
pdwhelan

27th Jun 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm i know it seems strange but could it be wired up to somthing to do with the hazzard light switch!
amzee

27th Jun 07 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had a look behind the heater panel at the hazard light switch but cant seem to figure it out which wire(s) are needed...so now ive turned for help....
AlunJ

29th Jun 07 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you couldn't post your wiring for the actual rem ote as you have it could you please? I've got mine installed but its not perfect...
arbi12

29th Jun 07 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

off the top of my head i think its black and green and black and white wire from indicator stalk under steering cowl , but you will need to diode these wires as you only have 1 wire so when your car is running and you indicate both sides will light up pm me and i will send you diagram
amzee

29th Jun 07 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there isnt hardly any wiring...just one posative wire which flashes the indicator.....
Richie

30th Jun 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As arbi said you will need to use the one wire to split off onto wires with diodes fitted.
AlunJ

30th Jun 07 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by amzee
there isnt hardly any wiring...just one posative wire which flashes the indicator.....

no i meant could you post the wiring for the whole of the remote system? I just want to check if mine is correct
amzee

30th Jun 07 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see how you mean...could anyone provide me with a wiring diagram and what diodes i need to buy from maplins to make this work.

alunj i will post the wiring diagram up for my setup later tonight
AlunJ

2nd Jul 07 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks alot mate
amzee

2nd Jul 07 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres the link to my remote central locking instructions that came with my kit.

CLICK HERE

i wired mines up using the second diagram out the 4 diagrams there.

...hope this helps
AmZeE
AlunJ

3rd Jul 07 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate, it'll help somewhat, you haven't written down which colour wires on the remote control ecu connect to which colour wires on the original cdl ecu have you?
amzee

4th Jul 07 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay from the remote central locking controller i used only 4 wires....
Obviosly you will need the plus and negative to power the remote central locking unit.
I then connected the two yellow wires to negative so it would output a negative pulse output to the central locking ecu.
I basicaly wired the two white wires from the remote central locking unit to the "Brown/Red" and "Brown/White" wires on my 3 door cenrtral locking ecu.
Just play around with the output because i cant remember exactly which was lock and unlock but its very simple to work it out as its either one way or the other.
AlunJ

5th Jul 07 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay, thanks alot mate you're a star. As I say mine works but the one button will unlock and lock the car, but the other will lock it and flash all the dash lights on for a second for some reason, anyone thanks mate, i'll have a look when I get a chance
djice56

7th Jul 07 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the indicator wires are black with green for right and black with white for left side these can be located in the main loom behind the glove box hope this helps as i fit cobra alarms at work steve

New Poll