corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project: GSI money pit (New wheels on and pic update 06.07.2008 pg7)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project: GSI money pit (New wheels on and pic update 06.07.2008 pg7)
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 08 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
gavin18787
Premium Member

15th Mar 08 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Results of all of the mods were seen today. results seem right on the money for what I have done.

Also found out that I have got a bit of an oil leak under heavy load so thats going to be looked into. Its occuring around the rocker cover but I have one to polish up/paint and fit so I will kill two birds with one stone when I do it

chrex

15th Mar 08 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you running the original c16xe?? coz they were renowned for leaking/burning oil. Which is why most of them now fail/just pass emissions tests.
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Mar 08 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bodywork looks imaculate gav, very nice indeed.Future plans?
gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Mar 08 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrex
are you running the original c16xe?? coz they were renowned for leaking/burning oil. Which is why most of them now fail/just pass emissions tests.

Its an N reg one so it has the x16 block in it. Our new theory from the day is that the oil pressure maybe too high which is what is causing the leak. So I am going to check everywhere for blockages etc and see if I get anywhere

Cheers redtop the plan is now to get the mechanical aspects of the car upto the same standard as the shell

Couple of other cool pics courtesy of mike b

Going to crack on with preping my new rocker cover today, what colour do you think I should go for? Or just the polished look?
Also unsure wheather to do the oil filler cap a different colour like red or blue or something

[Edited on 16-03-2008 by gavin18787]

Richardhhha

16th Mar 08 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your going pollished, then go pollished oil filler cap...

if its a X16 check the oil pump gasket.... they are only crappy paper gaskets from factory.... had mine blow going down the M3 was not a pritty site.. get a new one from Vaux as they are metal.. also check the oil presure relefe valve... they get jammed up sometimes and will cause your oil pressure problem...

if its leaking from the cam cover does it leake from the front of the engine? (i.e. cyl 1)
gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Mar 08 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

belive its from the back of the block as when it was on the rolling road yesterday there was a bit of smoke coming up from where the mantzel sits and the block from where the oil was dripping onto the exhaust

JM_16v

17th Mar 08 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrex

how? there exsactly the same as a x16xe apart from the inlet. and it wouldnt matter if gavs was a c16xe or a x16xe know hes got the manzel on there know.

its a x16xem
gavin18787
Premium Member

17th Mar 08 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to work putting the first few coats of paint onto the rocker cover today. Unfortunatly the paint actually looks nothing like the colour its suposed too

Going to use it for a good few coats to create a base layer then track down some more paint.........

Will sand down tomorow and add another layer. then I will go get some paint. Might just go for black as they black paint is pritty much garenteed to be black

gavin18787
Premium Member

31st Mar 08 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got distracted with trying to sort out some other stuff but remembered about this the other day.

So I brought some high temp enamal paint and gave it another go:

First layers wernt looking too good

but after and good few layers and sanding between it came up alright

Just got to get a gasket so I can fit it now

Might do the mantzel some time soon to match, think it will look good in black with the letters left polished silver

Warren G

20th Apr 08 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it on!

[Edited on 20-04-2008 by warren.g]
gavin18787
Premium Member

26th Apr 08 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warren its on only took me a month to get round to it

No idea why the old one was leaking oil as the gasket looked fine as did all the O rings. Anyway I have fitted the new gaskets anyway and we will see how it goes

Pics

Also if anyone knows how to get to the bolt on the left hand side of the sai thingy bolted to the exhaust manifold I would like to know as the shitty rusty heat sheild needs a paint as its making it look rubbish

Pic of the car out on track as well for good measure

jr

26th Apr 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to get your heat sheild ceramic coated gav
gavin18787
Premium Member

26th Apr 08 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But then the heat sheild will be worth more then the rest of the car

JM_16v

27th Apr 08 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it gav
Jake

27th Apr 08 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really like this, has it been decked since trax last year?
Warren G

27th Apr 08 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now just pull your other finger out and get the powerbox done
gavin18787
Premium Member

27th Apr 08 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by warren.g
now just pull your other finger out and get the powerbox done

I need a part number for the inlet gasket *cough*

As the local vauxhall parts man is a bit mentally challenged and doesnt think he can get one in

jay26

28th Apr 08 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet corsa gives me some idias lol
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd May 08 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painted the inlet today

Need to paint my heat sheild now and get some proper tubing for the airbox and im done

On the plus and down sides I have solved my oil consumption it seems with the new gaskets I fitted
But the car has develpoved a tapping noise when its cold

Solve one problem and gain another

JM_16v

3rd May 08 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks amazing
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd May 08 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to tackle the heat shield tomorow I think then I will do something about the messy wiring

gavin18787
Premium Member

18th May 08 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked up my new wheels today. Couple of them a mint but two are kurbed. So I am going to refurb them. Dont know what will go best with my car

Silver looks ok but I dont know if black or somthing will look better.

If I do them silver again I think I will go for a slightly darker shade like you get speedlines in etc.

Suggestions on a postcard of what to do please

Hope to have them prepped and in primer in a couple of weeks. So gives me a while to think about the colour

DannyB
Premium Member

18th May 08 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly the same colour as the car
Corsa_Scotty

18th May 08 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smoke grey

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project: GSI money pit (New wheels on and pic update 06.07.2008 pg7) 24 database queries in 0.2052991 seconds