corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » peoples view on the ps3...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author peoples view on the ps3...
mk4_astra

User status: Offline
24th Mar 07 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just past 24 hours since the ps3 was realised here and i wondered what the people who have used them thought of them?

after playing virtual tennis, motorstorm and f1 i really liked the ps3. virtual tennis is very addictive and looks great at 1080i, motorstorm is fantastic and has very fluid and fast gameplay and the f1 game will be the game to own on the ps3, even though the demo is still WIP its fcuking awsome and the rain effect is pretty cool although it feels incomplete and lacking something this will be a must own when finished.

had a quick blast on gt;hd which was good fun but very bland and the handling made me miss forza.

overall good console that is more than capable taking on the 360, i still think gow is the best looking console game but the ps3 will be matching that very soon
Welsh Dan

24th Mar 07 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F1 is out already, as my friends got it

Anyway, fairly pleased with mine so far

[Edited on 24-03-2007 by Welsh Dan]
Matt H

24th Mar 07 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im enjoying mine

I bought Fall of Man which seems quite good, even though Im crap at it Also got Seed for Speed, which I expected to be shite. Its actually much better than I thought

Was going to get Tony Hawks project 8 but was told it was terrible. Anyone else played it?
Brett
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to take mine back because it stopped working after a few hours
John

24th Mar 07 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm tempted to go to costco and buy one.

I'd have to by the 40" bravia to go with it though so the lack of a spare 2k is putting me off.
Adam_B

24th Mar 07 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H

Was going to get Tony Hawks project 8 but was told it was terrible. Anyone else played it?

i played a demo of it on the 360, it seemed to play ok but im not sure if it would get repetetive.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
its just past 24 hours since the ps3 was realised here and i wondered what the people who have used them thought of them?

after playing virtual tennis, motorstorm and f1 i really liked the ps3. virtual tennis is very addictive and looks great at 1080i, motorstorm is fantastic and has very fluid and fast gameplay and the f1 game will be the game to own on the ps3, even though the demo is still WIP its fcuking awsome and the rain effect is pretty cool although it feels incomplete and lacking something this will be a must own when finished.

had a quick blast on gt;hd which was good fun but very bland and the handling made me miss forza.

overall good console that is more than capable taking on the 360, i still think gow is the best looking console game but the ps3 will be matching that very soon

yep i think both consoles are faily equally matched. Both still have a fair way to go in terms of reaching there capacity for development.

Its just the price of the ps3 when your getting something so similar that is a joke for me anyway, as all i want it for is games, not interested in blu ray etc
Matt H

24th Mar 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, do you own a PS3? Or have you used one?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i dont own a ps3, never used one, but from what i have read, seen, and speaking to people that have used both, its clear the ps3 is no better in terms of gameplay than the 360, be that graphics wise, or gameplay wise

yes you get a few more features, such as blu ray etc, which if that interested you might justify the price tag, but for me, it doesnt

[Edited on 24-03-2007 by Steve]
Matt H

24th Mar 07 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
no i dont own a ps3, never used one

Right, well in that case don't make assumptions. You haven't used one, so you haven't really got much to back up your argument with have you?

Go to a store & have a play on one, you never know you might like it
Matt H

24th Mar 07 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take £425 with you just incase
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i probably will like it, im not saying its crap, but as far as power, performance, graphics etc goes, its no better than the 360.

Are you saying it is then?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS im not making assumptions on this, iv read countless reviews, articles, and seen comparison videos that also state this
Jamie Walby

24th Mar 07 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

I'd have to by the 40" bravia to go with it though so the lack of a spare 2k is putting me off.

I thought you would have had one on pre-order.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People need to see where im coming from.

I kind of see the 360 as a stripped down ps3, yes the hardware is completely different but essentially as far as graphics and gaming go they are the same.

You could buy an xbox 360 with all the features of the PS3 and yes that would make it the same price, if I wanted all those features the decision between a 360 and a PS3 would be a tough one, and probably just come down to titles.

However I just want my console for playing games, so if i can get something that does that job equally as well for half the price, thats a no brainer really.
Cybermonkey

24th Mar 07 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i probably will like it, im not saying its crap, but as far as power, performance, graphics etc goes, its no better than the 360.

Are you saying it is then?

i beg to differ. the PS3's i have played so far absolutely piss on xbox360 graphics
John

24th Mar 07 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve that is totally different from what you've ever said before.

All your other posts consist of the ps3 is shit buy a 360.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Steve that is totally different from what you've ever said before.

All your other posts consist of the ps3 is shit buy a 360.

indeed, i thought i'd add a sensible, non ps3 bashing view for once lol.

John

24th Mar 07 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:

I thought you would have had one on pre-order.

I have never said I like the ps3 better than the 360, this all started because people were just talking shit really about the ps3 and didn't like being corrected.

I'm buying none atm.
Jamie Walby

24th Mar 07 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sat on the wall throughout the whole argument I see myself buying a PS3 after next Xmas when they arent so much money.
Matt H

24th Mar 07 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
However I just want my console for playing games, so if i can get something that does that job equally as well for half the price, thats a no brainer really.

£280 for X box
£425 for PS3

2 x £280 = £560

Its more like 1.5 x more, £135 differance which if you want blueray & better graphics isn't a lot more to pay
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, just blu ray matt the graphics ARE NOT, i repeat NOT better on the PS3

the graphics are 100% better AT THE MOMENT on the 360, it has a better GPU, anywhere will tell you this, i do expect the graphics to come up to par with the 360 when developers get used to programming for the ps3

even mk4_astra, said that gears of war looks better than all he has seen on the PS3 however, that doesnt mean the ps3 is not capable of doing such graphics, for all i know it still may not be, but i do expect things to improve

[Edited on 24-03-2007 by Steve]
Cybermonkey

24th Mar 07 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked a hell of a lot better to me
Matt H

24th Mar 07 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, everyone I've spoken to apart from you has aid that the PS3 has better graphics than the 360

One guy in a shop even said that the 360 has "fake HD"
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
OK, everyone I've spoken to apart from you has aid that the PS3 has better graphics than the 360

One guy in a shop even said that the 360 has "fake HD"

that guy in the shop was an idiot and tried to sell you something.

its not fake hd, its hd, just not over HDMI, although the 360 is hdmi capable.

i could link you up to countless articles that explain that the ps3 is no better graphically and why, if you wish to see such things, let me know.

I myself shall be going to currys later to try one out for myself to form my own opinion

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll