corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » peoples view on the ps3...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author peoples view on the ps3...
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
24th Mar 07 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
looked a hell of a lot better to me

have you seen Gears of War in action on the 360?

By the way this is a genuine question, not meaning to be sarcastic at all.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes me and dave spent about 10 mins whilst playing coop just stood looking at the texture mapping on a rock
--Dave--
Banned

24th Mar 07 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John

24th Mar 07 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the 360 games rendered in 1080 yet?

The guy in the shop was maybe talking about that, they were being upscaled from 720.
--Dave--
Banned

24th Mar 07 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most are yes, there are some titles that aren't but these are few and far between. It says on the back of the box whether it's rendered in 1080i or not.
John

24th Mar 07 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didn't know that
--Dave--
Banned

24th Mar 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of all the games i own only one isn't in 1080i and that's Project Gotham 3. I imagine because it's an earlier title.
John

24th Mar 07 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume they aren't any 1080p ones.

The ps3 is capable of this which should look amazing.

Don't know if any currently are though.
Tim
Site Administrator

24th Mar 07 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GT:HD is running my TV at 1920x1080. Genji is dropping it down to 720p though, but still looks pretty amazing.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what amazes me most about both consoles, is how much better than a PC they look, I know many top end PC's that would drop framerates trying to display graphics like that, i know pc's are capable of higher res etc, but too the naked eye a lot of the time it doesnt matter.

just goes to show what a dedicated system can achieve when stuff is written specifically for certain hardware and not programmed to cope with millions of pc's
John

24th Mar 07 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dx10 games should look at least as good on one of the new high end cards.
Welsh Dan

24th Mar 07 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve in non PS3 flaming shocker

Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tminus 20 mins til i try one out
mk4_astra

24th Mar 07 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i probably will like it, im not saying its crap, but as far as power, performance, graphics etc goes, its no better than the 360.

Are you saying it is then?

i beg to differ. the PS3's i have played so far absolutely piss on xbox360 graphics

what titles is it you have played on the 360, as i remember you saying rr7 on the ps3 looks amazing but it doesnt compared to most 360 titles and it probably the worst racing game i have ever played

i have yet to play a game on ANY console that has better graphics than gow on the 360, though that will change this year...
mk4_astra

24th Mar 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and anyone who hasnt bought a hdmi cable for there ps3 then go do it, i would say going from 576i through components to 1080i through hdmi improved the picture quality and graphics about 4x on a sony bravia 32"
mk4_astra

24th Mar 07 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
tminus 20 mins til i try one out

dont waste your time playing resistance or ridge racer 7, get f1 and motorstorm on the go
Nath

24th Mar 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw Motorstorm in Gamestation on a 40" LCD of some sort and it definately looked good. But as for the 360 getting absolutely pissed on for graphics don't be daft. There was nothing in it, both are pretty special. But one costs £150 more.....
mazdaspeed

24th Mar 07 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw one in the flesh today, it was in comet. Not very big are they

Graphics tho

I need to get a HDTV

[Edited on 24-03-2007 by mazdaspeed]
mk4_astra

24th Mar 07 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I saw Motorstorm in Gamestation on a 40" LCD of some sort and it definately looked good. But as for the 360 getting absolutely pissed on for graphics don't be daft. There was nothing in it, both are pretty special. But one costs £150 more.....

its just fanboys saying it pisses on the 360, after playing on one in hd most of last night i agree with you in saying there is nothing in it, and that gow is still the best looking game on a console
Nath

24th Mar 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've said all along that if it did piss on the 360 (and maybe cost a bit less than £425) i'd look into getting one. But there is currently nothing in it so there's not much point.
mk4_astra

24th Mar 07 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also i noticed with all the games i tried on the ps3 they all seemed like you would get bored of them very quickly, i can also see the type of games coming out on the ps3 being different to what the 360 offers so even if you have a 360 the ps3 might still appeal to you.

if sony get more decent games for the ps3 and vastly improve the online then it will be a very hard choice to choose between the 2
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yabba dabba dooo im back after my little play.

They only had F1 on the console, and the chumps wouldnt change anything.

First thing i thought look at the size of that!

Anyway, i spent about 10 mins playing f1 and a bit looking through the menus.

The gameplay was quite good, controllers felt comfy, was a bit strange not having any rumble that im used to.
Sound was good, and was quite fun.

Graphically, it is good, very very similar to x360 standards, definatly no better, and I agree with Mk4 astra, GOW looked better.

I dont know if it was me but i notcied a few frames dropped? that may be just me seeing things mind.

The menu systems, very basic and bland, couldnt really make up my mind if i liked them or not, as usually I am a minimalist, I think im too used to the 360's interface tbh.

I did manage to wangle a look at a blu ray film, and that has persuaded me to maybe buy a hddvd player as quality is excellent on hd media!

Like so many have said there really is nothing between the two consoles graphically, and after a while, given the chance for the developers to work there magic, gameplay wise either.

So really to me needing or wanting a games machine only the 360 was better value for money, for me anyway.

Was funny though as I heard the assistant giving it large to some customer saying yeah its loads better than a 360 etc etc, then hen he finished I spoke to him, and he said he thought the too consoles were very similar and agreed with most of my points, just goes to show how much bullshit you get fed to get a sale
mk4_astra

24th Mar 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty much my views steve, didnt notice any framerate issues though.

also steve you notice in graphics terms how the ps3 is on par with the 360 but also 'different' if that makes sense....
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

different lighting, unsure if its actually down on lighting due to the slower gpu
mk4_astra

24th Mar 07 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it might well be, supposedly the 360 is better when it comes to shadows and lighting and i think that shows, ps3 is showing that 60fps does look sweet on a decent game aswell

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll