corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mortgages Repayment or Interest Only?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mortgages Repayment or Interest Only?
ali-corsa

User status: Offline
18th Mar 07 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh if i was gettn a mortgage i would get a fixed interest rate, due to the fact if gov rises interest rates ure gna pay more and it looks lyk they r gna keep rising it, to cut spending
Andrew

20th Mar 07 at 03:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Niceone Kerry

Bit more secure that way imo. I don't trust anyone anymore, had the dirty done on me to many times.
John_C

20th Mar 07 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh you have missed the boat with fixed rates as they've risen three times plus one more looks likely. If you can hack it variable rate maybe better as your get the benefit reduced rates when they come down over the next year or two
whitter45

20th Mar 07 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a couple of comments

interset only after 25 years you will still own the house but owe the original amount you borrowed

Hence prices are likely to have risen over a 25 year period so maybe not much of an issue but if you lent 100k then you will need to pay 100k after 25 years. Saving that is 4k a year which is alot when you consider out goings with a house etc

I would go repayment

most will not let you pay lump sumsbut allow you to pay extra off each month if you can afford it - my lender allows up to £500 a month extra payments

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll