corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa sport

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa sport
Novaneil

User status: Online
22nd Feb 07 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh I see... so was the 130 version a special addition or something?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 07 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a good driver will make up over 20bhp. good brakes can make up for even more.

everyone with a saxo/106 will slate me for saying this but when my blue corsa had the old x14xe with the dbilas on it had no trouble with a saxo vts on a short dual carriageway that goes through a series of roundabouts. yes they left me in a straight line but when it came to slowing down I could underbrake them and carry more speed trough the roundabout than the Vts and come out the other side infront.

not all about the figures.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Feb 07 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no but it a slightly different engine, had the addition of an oil cooler etc

supposedly 130bhp models had two prongs at the front, i personally dont think there ever was such a thing as a 130bhp model but that some just made more due to crap french manufacturing tolerances
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Feb 07 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A

everyone with a saxo/106 will slate me for saying this but when my blue corsa had the old x14xe with the dbilas on it had no trouble with a saxo vts on a short dual carriageway that goes through a series of roundabouts. yes they left me in a straight line but when it came to slowing down I could underbrake them and carry more speed trough the roundabout than the Vts and come out the other side infront.

i dont doubt you but you were probably a better driver, put you in a vts and you in that corsa (impossible i know) and youd have taken it through the roundabouts etc
STEvieXE

22nd Feb 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate had a vts, was a year 2k. was said to have 130bhp as standard as it was something to do with egr valves or something. was a wee flyer with mild mods and handled excellently. def got the thumbs up from me on every score
Dave A

22nd Feb 07 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Dave A

i dont doubt you but you were probably a better driver, put you in a vts and you in that corsa (impossible i know) and youd have taken it through the roundabouts etc

probably. its more down to the brakes than anything else. people seem to ignore tham when modifying the engine.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Feb 07 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
mate had a vts, was a year 2k. was said to have 130bhp as standard as it was something to do with egr valves or something. was a wee flyer with mild mods and handled excellently. def got the thumbs up from me on every score

i think it was the lack of egr valve, thats what the prongs wer about, wher the egr valve used to be

trouble with later models is the cats were in the manifold hence harder to tune

[Edited on 22-02-2007 by Steve]
mwg

22nd Feb 07 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the prongs give about the same power increase as neon washer jets IIRC
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Feb 07 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

topshot_2k
Banned

22nd Feb 07 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
better than a 306? joker

i agree they are quite heavy but that is easy to sort, exhaust/airbox weight a ton so i ditched them for lighter parts, lost the spare wheel, and with my new inlet and map should be running 185-190bhp

Ph1 is also heavier than phase 2 is it not?

Im yet to meet a pug/vts that can keep with me.

I aint no joker, how is it so hard to accept that a smaller lighter car could be better handling than a heavier one with a longer wheelbase?. They are a lot similar than you expect in performance terms, granted the GTi 6 would have it top end, yours is modified so thats fair enough but standard they arent very quick due to all that weight. edited to say, what have you done to get those kind of gains? GTi-6 quite a tuneable lump or not?

[Edited on 22-02-2007 by 22B]

It can be but its pricey, for £2k you can see 220bhp with tb's etc

At the moment i have a full custom built exhaust with custom decat pipe, Enclosed ind kit, have New inlet manifold, PTFE gaskets and Remap to be done and should see 185-190.

I appreciate they are heavy but the weight can be easily lost, Air con massive exhaust and air filter housing weight a ton. i ditched mine.
Rob B

22nd Feb 07 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fukin hell, bollocks about brakes etc now, im sorry but my vts can out brake most things and would easily outbrake my corsa.
Dave A

22nd Feb 07 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
fukin hell, bollocks about brakes etc now, im sorry but my vts can out brake most things and would easily outbrake my corsa.

your standard saxo brakes can outbrake most things, stop being silly rob, you talk shite sometimes. when you had your corsa you used to claim it was as quick as your mates CTR, then you sell the corsa and get a saxo, now thats the best thing ever

a vts is a mild performance hot hatch with great handling but awfull brakes. it is not the pinnacle of mans automotive achievement just because you know own one. neither is a corsa for that matter.
Rob B

22nd Feb 07 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but your all trying to justify a corsasport being as good if not better than one, when i had a corsa i was sat the arse of my mates CTR he'll tell you the same, i may of had the momentum i dont know and quite frankly dont care.

My corsa was dead level with my mates 106 gti when he had 2 passengers so im not even saying that its alot quicker, but from personal experience of owning two corsas and a saxo vts, the saxo is quicker, and the brakes are better.
K2 GTi

23rd Feb 07 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
What would you need to do to the 1.6 sport to make it as quick as a 106 GTi?

My gearbox and clutch has gone on the 106, and it's around £600 to repair.. and when I don't have £100 it's hard to find that sort of money.

Cheers

Thats a lot of cash for a gearbox, you can buy one for £100 and a good clutch kit for the same then another £100-£150 to have it fitted by a garage or get it done by a mate for much cheaper

Re-condittioned box mate, don’t trust buying a second hand one not knowing what life it’s had.

[Edited on 23-02-2007 by K2 GTi]
Adam-D

23rd Feb 07 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

completly diff situation, my bro pissed on a vts or vtr i dunno the 1.6 version

makes me laugh his car is dented, rusty but shows up alot of stuff

what is it?

ford fezzie, 1.6s
stripped to the bare bones "2 seats harneses and dials zip tied down,
thats it

engine wise, cammed, uprated carb, manifold back system

no idea what power
Cybermonkey

23rd Feb 07 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B

Saxo brakes are SHOCKING as standard, almost as bad as Corsa B standard brakes
K2 GTi

23rd Feb 07 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brakes on my 106 are SHITE.
Dave A

23rd Feb 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robs probably are on his saxo, he just doesnt like to admit it or doesnt know the difference between good and bad brakes. after all, his corsa was the best car ever when he had it (kept up with ctr's apparently) now he has a saxo and he thinks thats far quicker than the corsa and the brakes are fantastic.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Feb 07 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the brakes are purposely set soft on the vts and 106's if they were sensitive people would be spinning them left right and centre.

shifting the weight to the front of the car is no something you want to do round a corner if your not familiar with the car.

BUT if you know how to drive the car properly decent brakes would be better, as you would know when to use them, and sometimes use them to induce oversteer
Whittie

23rd Feb 07 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
don't be stupid, he wants it to be as fast as a 106 not a fucking veyron!

its impossible to make a Corsa as fast as a 106 GTi. FACT

Beardy's 3.0 V6 with nos will beg to differ.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Feb 07 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah and im sure that lad running full cossie gear and drivetrain in his 106 will beg to differ to that too

[Edited on 23-02-2007 by Steve]
mwg

23rd Feb 07 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
don't be stupid, he wants it to be as fast as a 106 not a fucking veyron!

its impossible to make a Corsa as fast as a 106 GTi. FACT

Beardy's 3.0 V6 with nos will beg to differ.

no, a standard 106 GTi would still be faster
Cybermonkey

23rd Feb 07 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i think the brakes are purposely set soft on the vts and 106's if they were sensitive people would be spinning them left right and centre.

STEVE SHUT THE FUCK UP
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Feb 07 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sensitive brakes would be dangerous to people who arent used to the car, its already a dodgy car to corner in the wet, adding sensitive brakes would make that worse for people who arent expecting it

peugeot would have set the brakes like that for a reason, there is no reason for them to not be very sensitive, disks and pads all round

Cybermonkey

23rd Feb 07 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
sensitive brakes would be dangerous to people who arent used to the car, its already a dodgy car to corner in the wet, adding sensitive brakes would make that worse for people who arent expecting it

peugeot would have set the brakes like that for a reason, there is no reason for them to not be very sensitive, disks and pads all round

or its just typical french tosh

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa sport 22 database queries in 0.1923370 seconds