corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The '12v powaaahhhhhh!' project! - no longer mine.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The '12v powaaahhhhhh!' project! - no longer mine.
deano87

User status: Offline
25th Jan 07 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here goes. Dad went to look at the car (as it's for driving to Uni and back, I still live at home) whilst I was at work. He then rings saying I've just bought you a car and I was like doh, it's a 12v. Anyway, turns out alright (except the power), I mean it's a GLS so got a few creature comforts!.

Posted on here originally as I needed advice on my idling as I thought it was idling low - turns out it was normal.

Got addicted to the site, banter, and like the modifying scene which most are
into.

Still have some birthday money left from my 18th (now 19 ) and have started buying a few bits to tidy it up and make it that bit more individual.

I won't be doing anything major like alloys, lowering (although I'd like to) because of money issues and insurance. Any large amount of money I'll be spending on it is maintenance.

Anywhere, here it is when it needed washing - drove in the snow on Wednesday too, so loads of salt on it etc.

After a quick wash, shammy and back to black the plastics. They could look better as I just apply then rub in but apparently you're supposed to let it soak then buff.

Then I fitted by badgeless grill courtesy of eBay and Irmscher 'I' badge with mounting kit from LMF.

For my troubles with the smoked side repeaters:

See this thread: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=335570

Next plans are a Frontera A aerial which should be arriving at Vauxhall Monday and a Marea rear wiper which I bought off eBay today. I also need to get the side repeaters sorted.

Oh and some new number plates as the existing ones are leaking water.

I would like some Depo headlights as they aren't too expensive off eBay so am planning on saving up.

I might, depending on how bored I am, spray my trims a darker graphite grey colour - these could look shabby though.

If any of you noticed on the front passenger side bumper corner, I had an argument with a wall when parking the front end swung out and scraped the wall. Some of it will t-cut out, others has gone right down to the black plastic so am going to repair it when the weather is dryer. I've seen a bumper repair kit at Halfords which should do the job just to tidy it up!

Hope you enjoyed

[Edited on 02-04-2007 by deano87]

[Edited on 23-02-2008 by deano87]

[Edited on 12-03-2008 by deano87]

[Edited on 15-03-2008 by deano87]

[Edited on 20-03-2008 by deano87]

[Edited on 27-03-2008 by deano87]

[Edited on 12-05-2008 by deano87]

[Edited on 08-09-2008 by deano87]

[Edited on 30-09-2008 by deano87]

[Edited on 20-02-2010 by deano87]
Ste L

25th Jan 07 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should just get a cheap set of vauxhall rims, can pick them up for 50 or so notes, would make a better impact than the depo's imo..
deano87

25th Jan 07 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste L
should just get a cheap set of vauxhall rims, can pick them up for 50 or so notes, would make a better impact than the depo's imo..

This has been said to me before. I spent £200 before starting Uni on tyres though. They've only done 4k miles. I'm not going to be able to sell them for that, to get tyres to fit the Vauxhall rims.

I am hoping to keep the car for 3 years, so that it will work out cheaper living at home whilst at Uni than living in accommodation. If I need new tyres in the 3 years, which I no doubt will, I'll look at some rims at the same time.

And I do ideally want genuine Vauxhall alloys because it might not make a difference to my insurance.

[Edited on 25-01-2007 by deano87]
Ste L

25th Jan 07 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get corsa c sxi wheels with tyres, and you shouldn't need to change tyres...
deano87

25th Jan 07 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste L
get corsa c sxi wheels with tyres, and you shouldn't need to change tyres...

You mean buy some alloys with tyres already on them? That means I wasted £200 surely?!
Ste L

25th Jan 07 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, not really, i picked up my old corsa wheels with tyres on for 50 notes, just need to look around

saying your wasting money like that, is just the same as doing any mods on your car, you lose money either way, so may aswell leave it standard
deano87

25th Jan 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hence why I said I'd wait till I needed new tyres

Thanks for the advice anyway!
Ste L

25th Jan 07 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats like saying why buy depo's to replace your headlight's that work fine...

its just the same,

[Edited on 25-01-2007 by Ste L]
deano87

25th Jan 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They way I look at it though is that the tyres cost me extra on the car, the headlights didn't.

meh, no-ones going to read this lot
Whittie

25th Jan 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My alloys were £60. Get some

It will transform the look of your car

Nice and clean by the way

[Edited on 25-01-2007 by Whittie]
STEvieXE

25th Jan 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or sport wheels look ace imo
Wonderboy

25th Jan 07 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£60 for those ? Nice!

Looking good Deano. Your lucky yours came partly colour coded, mine didn't and i made a dodgey job of doing it myself.

The car is looking good. it would look nice with the bump stips removed and debadged maybe ?
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice mate... very similar to mineeeee, ill keep a close eye on this one
deano87

25th Jan 07 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wonderboy
Looking good Deano. Your lucky yours came partly colour coded, mine didn't and i made a dodgey job of doing it myself.

The car is looking good. it would look nice with the bump stips removed and debadged maybe ?

The wonders of getting a GLS gave me the colour coding - although I've seen pre-97 GLS's with black bumpers I was gutted when I swung into the wall. I am thank full the bumpers are plastic though otherwise I would have to sort it straight away.

I would debadge and de-rub strip BUT I have a feeling it's really faded - also I park in a lot of car parks so am probably better off with it on there. The boot is a slightly different red aswell, but it could just be the light. I'm not being funny but I want to keep the 12v badge cause it will prevent it from being stolen

I would get some alloys but like I've explained, I've got £200's worth of tyres on there and can't actually afford that again, although I can afford some wheels. Then I don't have anywhere to store them
corsaaa_16v

25th Jan 07 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a gsi spoiler, and debadge the boot, that will sort the rear out!!

front looks fine, althought i woulda gone for the irmy silhouette badge rather than the "i" badge, depos would finish front off nicely!!

and as has been said, maybe some corsa c alloys or some standard sport alloys sprayed anthracite and some light tints, and your done!!

and all in all, about £500!!
deano87

25th Jan 07 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v

front looks fine, althought i woulda gone for the irmy silhouette badge rather than the "i" badge, depos would finish front off nicely!!

and as has been said, maybe some corsa c alloys or some standard sport alloys sprayed anthracite and some light tints, and your done!!

£500 I just do not have but they are the ideas I have had. Getting a GSI spoiler colour match will be tricky.

As mentioned, I'd like to get some Depos. A Frontera aerial and Fiat Marea wiper are on their way for the rear!
Whittie

25th Jan 07 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v

£500 I just do not have but they are the ideas I have had. Getting a GSI spoiler colour match will be tricky.

As mentioned, I'd like to get some Depos. A Frontera aerial and Fiat Marea wiper are on their way for the rear!

For £200 you could have pretty much bought a brand new looking set of corsa sxi alloys from eBay for less even.

Check a scrappy for the spoiler
jay kay

26th Jan 07 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what tyres have u got as i got my michelins for 20 pound each corner. can get part worns for 12-15 pounds

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by jay kay]
JayCarr

26th Jan 07 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grille looks good Dean, although i would have put the i a little bit further up and across too. Getting there though. If you lower it like that it would be fine mate
deano87

26th Jan 07 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay kay
what tyres have u got as i got my michelins for 20 pound each corner. can get part worns for 12-15 pounds

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by jay kay]

They are Michelin Energies and the £200 was including valve, tyre disposal, balance and alignment. I wasn't into this type of thing when I first got the car

Jay - I checkout out some garages on here and some where in the same place, some where higher, especially the silhouette. Then I saw an official Irmy one on a Corsa C and it was that low.

I'd love to lower it but just cannot afford it, especially with insurance etc.
deano87

28th Jan 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a question regarding the alloys and tyres, see here:
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=336115
STEvieXE

28th Jan 07 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the sport rims and swap the tyres onto them??
deano87

28th Jan 07 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
get the sport rims and swap the tyres onto them??

Different sizes
deano87

30th Jan 07 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My latest mod, courtesy of Splatgraphix in colour Graphite!

Check out the concentration on my face
Ben G

30th Jan 07 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what size is that sticker mate?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The '12v powaaahhhhhh!' project! - no longer mine. 23 database queries in 0.0971708 seconds