corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The '12v powaaahhhhhh!' project! - no longer mine.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The '12v powaaahhhhhh!' project! - no longer mine.
Gez G

User status: Offline
30th Jan 07 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id debadge it and get busy with the T cut etc, take the GLS badges off the doors too.
If its faded some hard work with G3 and a polisher will bring the paint back up - look at how shiny my red Corsa was after a lot of time and effort on the original paint (theres pics in my garage)

Corsa C side repeaters look good, had them on mine - try scrappies or even Vxl parts dept.

Depos would sort the front end out nicely.
deano87

31st Jan 07 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gez G
Id debadge it and get busy with the T cut etc, take the GLS badges off the doors too.
If its faded some hard work with G3 and a polisher will bring the paint back up - look at how shiny my red Corsa was after a lot of time and effort on the original paint (theres pics in my garage)

Corsa C side repeaters look good, had them on mine - try scrappies or even Vxl parts dept.

Depos would sort the front end out nicely.

I've got some smoked side repeaters on order from here
He is doing a custom pair, that are half tinted as they are originally clear. I had some trouble with some off UltimateLighting on eBay.

I do plan to debadge but don't really have the time to put into it at the moment!

Talking of Depo's, some just arrived at my door and they are from my girlfriend for Valentines day will hopefully be fitting them today. Got a question here:
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=336917

[Edited on 31-01-2007 by deano87]
Ben G

31st Jan 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate debadging wont take long at all. half hour max if your efficient. just need to heat the badges up then peel them away. then use some sort of fluid (i used white spirit and t-cut) to get the gluey stuff off then polish up the paintwork behind it and your done!

i have to say its one of the best free mods i done!
deano87

31st Jan 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might do it when I next wash the car then I was going to leave the 12v as it'll stop the car getting stolen
MikeE

31st Jan 07 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate just take the 12v badge off too wont make a difference to a car thief if they want it they will get it
deano87

1st Feb 07 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depo's fitted a Valentines present from the missus.
Still waiting on my smoked side repeaters and Punto rear wiper.

Will get a few more better pictures later as dad has the camera at work.

[Edited on 01-02-2007 by deano87]
Gez G

1st Feb 07 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much better mate! Punto mk2 rear wiper - pics in my garage on my old corsa!
deano87

6th Feb 07 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smoked side repeaters arrived today. They are supposedly 'half' smoked but they don't look it to me - still, they look all right on my car. Just need to keep the plastics black, otherwise they'll look really odd. Will get better pics of everything tomorrow when I've washed the car, again, and go somewhere pretty

I got them from jello-2005 on eBay. They are genuine, clear GM parts that have been tinted by himself and he has done a top job. Apparently mine are half tints, like I said, and he seemed more than happy to do them! Totally recommend the seller. No orange bulbs and quite slow delivery though.
Wonderboy

6th Feb 07 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, they do look pretty dark.

Still waiting on my grill
deano87

15th Feb 07 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to pick up my Softstars today thanks FlameRedCorsa (Alex)!

Cleaning them up tomorrow, then having them fitted.

Here's a pick of my car, waiting for Alex - had a mini Corsasport meet going on, forgot to take a picture though.

And here is a pic of the best alloy - loads of carbon round the back, so intend taking a brush, sponge and anything else I can find to it tomorrow before fitting.

Anyone else think my Irmscher badge is too low on the grill? I put it there, as I was comparing to genuine Steinmetz and Irmscher ones, which are that low.

[Edited on 15-02-2007 by deano87]
JonnyJ

15th Feb 07 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Irmy badge does need moving up a tad.

Looking smart deano
deano87

15th Feb 07 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Irmy badge does need moving up a tad.

It's stuck good and proper though - I may just leave it so it isn't like everyone else's. Does it look REALLY odd though?
JonnyJ

15th Feb 07 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not really mate, im just used to seeing them up one more slat.
Tommy L

15th Feb 07 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they 14" softstars? lower profile tyre

[Edited on 15-02-2007 by corsa_tomtom1502]
JonnyJ

15th Feb 07 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom1502
they 14" softstars? lower profile tyre

[Edited on 15-02-2007 by corsa_tomtom1502]

13's
Tommy L

15th Feb 07 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have read the tyre
JonnyJ

15th Feb 07 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deano87

16th Feb 07 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, the idea of getting 13's is because I'm on a major budget, eating into 18th birthday money (I will have non left after fitting these) - by getting 13's, I won't have to buy new tyres, which are pretty much brand new on my car.

Plans after the alloys are debadging the shorter aerial if I can find one I like, then I am done
FlameRedCorsa

16th Feb 07 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, I meant to clean the backs, kinda forgot about that

Was really cool meeting you, you car is looking really nice, I've found you a short aerial like mine on ebay will send you the link for it when I get home from work, cheers for waiting for me, I'm not usually late, (stupid M1 traffic!!!).

And like I said to you, you'll never be finished, the modding bug will take hold and you'll keep finding new bits to change, or offers that are too good to pass up.

Keep this post updated, your car is looking really smart. Nice and subtle.

Alex
deano87

16th Feb 07 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha don't worry about the backs - I quite enjoyed cleaning them, was bit of a challenge.

I think I've found the aerial you mean - there are a couple with the same pictures but one states it's 27cm, not the normal 41cm-ish.

Anyway, here is what I thought was the dirtiest alloys - they are also the ones in best condition.

After a bit of muc-off, car shampoo and elbow grease.

Then after the next one, I was faced with this b*****d - obviously the front wheel. The dirt left you can see is speccles of something which is really hard to remove.

Not bad for £50. Just need to get them fitted now, hopefully today. Then clean and debadge the car tomorrow, new number plates which arrived today (only order yesterday) then I'm done. Will have to go take some arty pics as well. I'm hoping for a Corsasport feature
pow
Premium Member

16th Feb 07 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car is looking mint! And those wheels will look good mate
FlameRedCorsa

16th Feb 07 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn, you have put some elbow grease on those, they've come up really well. My aerial is the smaller one, the 28cm one.

Get some pics up when they're on!!!

Alex
Wonderboy

16th Feb 07 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking great Deano - You must of had a good 18th if now being 19 your still usuing you 18th birthday money

Good job on cleaning them, they came up very well.

I think the badge maybe does sit a tad low but if it's really stuck on there just leave it, it still looks good.

So did you get tyres with them then? - didn't think you did. Or have you fitted yours on them already ?

Looking good
deano87

16th Feb 07 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wonderboy
So did you get tyres with them then? - didn't think you did. Or have you fitted yours on them already ?

Looking good

Yeah, came with tyres. 2 are good, 1 is nearing the limit and one has a screw in it. I was also going to put my tyres onto the alloys anyway, hence getting 13's!

Alex - I ordered a 28cm one

Alloys are being fitted as we speak. Popped in the insurance broker to pay the £55 extra and turns out there is no extra charge, so I'm extremely happy

Will get a few pics up of the car once the alloys are on - I intend washing and debadging it tomorrow though. Uni reading to do at the moment
FlameRedCorsa

16th Feb 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet, glad you didn't have to pay any extra. Get some pics up soon as they're on. Told you, the modding bug has hit, wheels, grill, aerial, side repeaters doesn't stop there, next thing you'll be after a lowering kit and then you'll be after more power!!!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The '12v powaaahhhhhh!' project! - no longer mine. 23 database queries in 0.2043951 seconds