corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HD vs Blu Ray

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HD vs Blu Ray
Rich_J_Williams

User status: Offline
8th Jan 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry if this is a repost of is just plain thinkness! i just have two questions about this?

1 - Whats the Differenace?

2 - I have only recently bought a HD ready TV, does that mean if blu Ray wins the battle that my TV will be Obsolete? or will my TV play both?

thanks

rich
ssj_kakarot

8th Jan 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blue-ray holds more data.

blue ray is more expensive, as are the players.

your tv will play both dont worry.

my advice just wait for a few years lol the prices are still to high, or if you fancy one now get a 360 and the hd-dvd addon, as i think its better value than getting a hd-dvd player for £499 or a blue ray player for £999.

mind you its been a while since i looked prices might have changed by now.

Rich_J_Williams

8th Jan 07 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for that mate, thats brilliant!

i was not planning on get a HD or Blu Ray DVD player yet anyway i was just bothered that i had bought a TV and i did not want it to go out of date!

cheers

rich
mk4_astra

8th Jan 07 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lg have just been demonstrating there player that plays both formats in vegas its not cheap though

both will be visually stunning and both will play at 1080p, though people do seem to be leaning more towards HD-DVD in terms of picture quality and it being the format that will come out on top.

to give you an idea of the picture quality at a stand at this vegas show there were 5 basketball players bouncing the ball and inbetween each one was a screen that produced a basketball player doing the same and it was nearly impossible to tel the difference!
Russ

8th Jan 07 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hd-dvd has an edge, not that its better, but people are generally stupid, and think, i need hd-dvd cos its hd like my tv. where as blue ray is something new to them and has to many letters
Scotty_B

8th Jan 07 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
hd-dvd has an edge, not that its better, but people are generally stupid, and think, i need hd-dvd cos its hd like my tv. where as blue ray is something new to them and has to many letters

So true of Britain today.
Rich_J_Williams

8th Jan 07 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
quote:
Originally posted by Russ

So true of Britain today.

huummmm, i belive form my post you can see that i did fall into this trap? well i did not know if they would both work on my TV?

cheers for the help though lads

rich
Rob_Quads

8th Jan 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dual-Layer disks have also been made for the first time which includes a HD-DVD on one layer
and a Blu-Ray on the other.

In 2 years IMO both formats will still be around with fairly even market - maybe 40:60 either way but dual players will become common place much like DVD + and - writers
Russ

8th Jan 07 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blu-ray has one thing going for it, thats the ps3, which even if it was shit, will sell buy the lorry load

New Poll