corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE corsa gear linkage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE corsa gear linkage
Rick Draper

User status: Offline
30th Dec 06 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting ready to fit a C20XE but i believe the gear linkage needs some mods. I need to exten the linkage itself if i use the rear gearbox spacer. Do i also need to change the piece that links the linkage to the gearbox itself? Red somewhere i need 2 but i wanted to be sure.
Limecat
Banned

30th Dec 06 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The linkage requires modification by chopping and extending the centre of the C section. Add in the same amount as the width of the rear spacer, on mine it was 20mm.

On mine I didn't need to alter the plastic top bar, I just found it reduced throw between gates.

The part from the balljoint on the linkage to the gearbox selector does not need altering!
JoeyB

30th Dec 06 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent extended mine, nor have i used the spacer.

Works fine for me. I did just cut a bit of the rubber gaitor from around the selector rod to help with 2nd and 4th
Rick Draper

30th Dec 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks. I was reading one guide where it said i had to replace the knuckle piece of the linkage.

Will try and get the engine in early in the new year and then worry about the interior!
JoeyB

30th Dec 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put another 2.0 in my Corsa a couple of weekends back....a new engine and gearbox...completely forgot about the linkage issues etc, put it all in and its all fine.
Limecat
Banned

30th Dec 06 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NotMyCorsa
I havent extended mine, nor have i used the spacer.

Works fine for me. I did just cut a bit of the rubber gaitor from around the selector rod to help with 2nd and 4th

You only extend it if using the rear spacer.
JoeyB

30th Dec 06 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So why do people bother using the rear spacer if its doesn't appear to be needed?
Nic Barnes

31st Dec 06 at 02:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NotMyCorsa
So why do people bother using the rear spacer if its doesn't appear to be needed?

its do do with angle of the engine, sits more square with the rear spacer

im the same as you, never used it and used the std linkage never had any issues at all for near 3 years. used it like that on 2 different cars aswell

New Poll