corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C 1.2 turbo conversion and various other DBilas turbo kit banter!

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C 1.2 turbo conversion and various other DBilas turbo kit banter!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
29th Dec 06 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, how about this.

I know a lad with a company rather close to regal with a 2wd Dyno Dynamics RR. if you have read the posts I made about these dynos in this thread you will understand the shootout mode this dyno has.

I will get him to ask regal to run their car on the rr and get a figure and then put it on the DD rollers and see the difference.

like fuck regal would do it. my mate with the DD would gladly take part. infact I will send him a link to this thread, see what he says
vaux-tech

29th Dec 06 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^wicked idea, do it dave^^^
Robin
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's not regals car, it's a customer car. get the customer to agree.
vaux-tech

29th Dec 06 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^or that one^^^
Dave A

29th Dec 06 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, someone put me in touch with the customer. offer him a free power run in return for testing the car and his full spec.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prove them right, prove them wrong, same difference, it will never be proved either way
Nic Barnes

29th Dec 06 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vaux-tech
well doing the job i do, muppet, im pretty sure i know a thing or 2 about vauxhall engines and how they work thank u very much, im not absuing anybody, i just want this to be proven so we can all marvel in its glory

because your a vauxhall tech, you know everything about tuning them and their limits do you? or simply put, are you a fitter that can fix vauxhalls?

the fonz off here, is a vag tech and has been for years. if it wasnt for tuning cars for 10 years or more aswell, he wouldnt have a clue about the limits of engines, but would know how to repair them
BeArDy

29th Dec 06 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
but there is a point at which bullshit overtakes reality.

120-130bhp: possibly

145+ bhp: no

I think you will find this not the case in some of the vauxhall range.
Some less powerful engine with the same CC have stronger bottom ends then there turbo equivalent.
Also N/A Cams can normal better that there turbo equivalent

Again i would like to see the car on a independent RR as in my eyes for the spec regal is over reading BUT with the right setup i am sure you can get 158bhp out off a 1.2

[Edited on 29-12-2006 by BeArDy]
micra_pete
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not wanting to sound like an arse here, but i will, and dave i dont know you from Adam (sorry adam)

However from what i can tell of you, as of yet you have very little experiance in the tuning world on a professional level, it is not a good idea to slate other companies as you do on open forums, neither for business or your own risk.

also you should not knock others work until you know, not believe, but know what you are saying is correct.

sorry if this is out of line.

btw - with a thick head gasket, higher flow injectors and basic mapping i have seen 1.3 micras go from 75 to 160 bhp, on various rolling roads.
Robin
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do the 216bhp 1.8 as well please.
Dave A

29th Dec 06 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a reply email from the lad with the DD dyno. said hes happy to give a free power run if the lad brings the car down to him.
Warren G

29th Dec 06 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as dave says, that should of been in 4th gear

and i agree that 158bhp is way over the top, im saying the 145bhp what regal quote is still abit optermistic

but bear in mind
corsa x12xep - 75bhp
Flow tech manifold - 23bhp
Turbocharger, Exhast manifold, Intercooler - 20bhp
Flow master air filter system - 5bhp
Down pipe with sports cat - 5bhp
Software - 5bhp

total - 132bhp

this is just a estimate, dont hold me to it!

Paul H

29th Dec 06 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even if it was 158bhp on the road it would be wank.having owned a corsa c 1.2 the gearbox's in them are shocking rev out way to fast and you could even get the thing on the limiter in 5th gear on a slight downhill road.
micra_pete
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by warren.g

you should see much higher than that, i'd expect 20bhp with good cams and mapping
Nic Barnes

29th Dec 06 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
quote:
Originally posted by warren.g

you should see much higher than that, i'd expect 20bhp with good cams and mapping

yep, id agree with that. turbo will see you more than 20bhp
Robin
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does the kit actually include?
Warren G

29th Dec 06 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flow tech manifold
Turbocharger,
dbilas Exhast manifold,
Intercooler
pipe work - oil/water
Flow master air filter system and flow pipe
complete Down pipe with sports cat
Software

is what is says in tv

[Edited on 29-12-2006 by warren.g]
Dave A

29th Dec 06 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

However from what i can tell of you, as of yet you have very little experiance in the tuning world on a professional level, it is not a good idea to slate other companies as you do on open forums, neither for business or your own risk.

also you should not knock others work until you know, not believe, but know what you are saying is correct.

I am not slating any companies, not knocking anyones work, merely voicing my opinion on an open forum. its common knowledge, and has been for years that Regal over rate their power figures. this is not a slur on them as a company or an attack on them or their work, just what is know to have been proven on many occasion.

what I am saying is that I dont believe the gains until I have seen them proven on an independant, up to date, well regarded modern dyno.
Nic Barnes

29th Dec 06 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

turbo, manifold, inlet, dbilias air box, injectors, software map and other bits. dave quoted it elsewhere in this thread
Warren G

29th Dec 06 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul H
even if it was 158bhp on the road it would be wank.having owned a corsa c 1.2 the gearbox's in them are shocking rev out way to fast and you could even get the thing on the limiter in 5th gear on a slight downhill road.

what? thats a good thing, means they accerate quicker!
Dave A

29th Dec 06 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

from a 1.2
Nic Barnes

29th Dec 06 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I am not slating any companies, not knocking anyones work, merely voicing my opinion on an open forum. its common knowledge, and has been for years that Regal over rate their power figures. this is not a slur on them as a company or an attack on them or their work, just what is know to have been proven on many occasion.

what I am saying is that I dont believe the gains until I have seen them proven on an independant, up to date, well regarded modern dyno.

so technically, after all your random wafflings, your basically not saying it isnt possible now?

dont understand your point on the last 6 pages now
micra_pete
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

that wasn't meant as an attack Dave, i liek what you have had the balls to do.

its just not the best business practice
micra_pete
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

from a 1.2

its possible on the 1.3 nissan engines.
Warren G

29th Dec 06 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 1000cc motor bike can produce over 175bhp, no torque but thats not the point

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C 1.2 turbo conversion and various other DBilas turbo kit banter! 22 database queries in 0.1865768 seconds