corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C 1.2 turbo conversion and various other DBilas turbo kit banter!

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C 1.2 turbo conversion and various other DBilas turbo kit banter!
vaux-tech

User status: Offline
29th Dec 06 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
quote:
Originally posted by vaux-tech
well doing the job i do, muppet, im pretty sure i know a thing or 2 about vauxhall engines and how they work thank u very much, im not absuing anybody, i just want this to be proven so we can all marvel in its glory

because your a vauxhall tech, you know everything about tuning them and their limits do you? or simply put, are you a fitter that can fix vauxhalls?

the fonz off here, is a vag tech and has been for years. if it wasnt for tuning cars for 10 years or more aswell, he wouldnt have a clue about the limits of engines, but would know how to repair them

no, muppet. i never stated i knew everything about engines and their limits. all i stated was that u started throwing accusations around that i was getting 'confused' with how engines work and understanding them. of course being a vx tech, you learn alot about the ins and outs of vx engines, working on them daily, how to mod them to certain lengths etc.. and as for being a fitter, didnt think fitters fully strip down v6 omega's, rebuild the heads, fit new pistons,rings,crank,bearings etc. fitters are what work in quikfit m8, get ur facts right b4 u label ppl. workin wher i do is quite a little more than just bein a 'fitter'....arse.
MatG

at the I will get my mate to RR the car.

FFS grow up will you, what will it prove? You may get a lower reading? you may not?

Why on earth would Regal want to do that? Do you honestly think that proving something to you is important to them? From there point of view they have installed a bolt on product ran it on the rollers, mapped it and job done = resulting BHP.

NEXT CUSTOMER PLEASE!!

as said above you have a lot to learn in buisness my friend.

[Edited on 29-12-2006 by MatG]
L30 SCT

think this and the other thread should be deleted as its going no where and people are just going to fall out for no reason
Robin
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 1300 cc NA bike engine with a turbo can produce over 200bhp with no internal modifications.
Nic Barnes

29th Dec 06 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by warren.g
a 1000cc motor bike can produce over 175bhp, no torque but thats not the point

no warren, that is the point exactly. dave claims capacity means you can see good bhp. 240bhp odd 1litre bike engines etc

dave should know power can come in 2 ways, forced induction, or revs on an n/a engine.
vaux-tech

29th Dec 06 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ cool
MatG

29th Dec 06 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the thread is deleted it will be yet more usefull information deleted from the corsasport archieve, no one will benifit from that.
L30 SCT

am not trying to be funny but a corsa c or any other standard corsa doesnt come with a bike engine in it.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

nothing to do with business practice, just my opinion.

If I said another companies work was shit, their staff were useless and their products are crap then that would be bad business practice.

all I am sayng is this: personally I dont believe that bolt-on kit will give the claimed 145bhp. that is all.
Robin
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L30 SCT
am not trying to be funny but a corsa c or any other standard corsa doesnt come with a bike engine in it.

this is true
micra_pete
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay dave, apologies
vaux-tech

29th Dec 06 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

good idea for a project though!
Warren G

29th Dec 06 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smart cars use a 700cc turbo engine, producing 80bhp, and the brabus producing 101bhp

form 700cc!
L30 SCT

29th Dec 06 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am not saying a bike engine in a corsa hasnt been done because it has and is but not coming from the show room
vaux-tech

29th Dec 06 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done in a corsa c?
Dave A

29th Dec 06 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG

when I need business advice I will come to you
Nic Barnes

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
quote:
well doing the job i do, muppet, im pretty sure i know a thing or 2 about vauxhall engines and how they work thank u very much, im not absuing anybody, i just want this to be proven so we can all marvel in its glory

because your a vauxhall tech, you know everything about tuning them and their limits do you? or simply put, are you a fitter that can fix vauxhalls?

the fonz off here, is a vag tech and has been for years. if it wasnt for tuning cars for 10 years or more aswell, he wouldnt have a clue about the limits of engines, but would know how to repair them

no, muppet. i never stated i knew everything about engines and their limits. all i stated was that u started throwing accusations around that i was getting 'confused' with how engines work and understanding them. of course being a vx tech, you learn alot about the ins and outs of vx engines, working on them daily, how to mod them to certain lengths etc.. and as for being a fitter, didnt think fitters fully strip down v6 omega's, rebuild the heads, fit new pistons,rings,crank,bearings etc. fitters are what work in quikfit m8, get ur facts right b4 u label ppl. workin wher i do is quite a little more than just bein a 'fitter'....arse.

so in your vauxhall garage, you actually work for a main dealer and do turbo upgrades, suspension re-maps, change cams for performance gains, head work, buld bottom ends to the customers spec, offer supercharging packages, can fit 20xe's in with warranty

or do you simply work as a vauxhall mechanic and they do not tune engines in a main dealer.

please dont call me an arse. im not a mechanic, would never claim to be, but i have built and tuned engines for a long time.
L30 SCT

quote:
smart cars use a 700cc turbo engine, producing 80bhp, and the brabus producing 101bhp

form 700cc!

i think that, infact i know that brabus put a shit load more thought, detail and work into there engines than regal and would cost a lot more than the regal conversion kit.
MatG

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:

not a problem I am very succesfull I will gladly help you out

L30 SCT

29th Dec 06 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so Mat G do they offer your money back if the product doesnt do what is advertised?
Robin
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

form 700cc!

i think that, infact i know that brabus put a shit load more thought, detail and work into there engines than regal and would cost a lot more than the regal conversion kit.

DBilas might have spent as much money as Brabus, maybe, not sure though.
bubble

29th Dec 06 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sayin it has the cliamed output, but i think its feesable.

port sizes dont matter where forced induction/turbo are in play.

fuel duty cycles are not an issue when running aftermarket ecu.

everyone thinks 1.2 16v are poo. a bolt on turbo job done by some kid on a 1.2 8v got 131odd brake. so why is it so insane that the z12xe cannot do it? i cant guess rr figures, but the z12xe/xep engines are a strong engine. we havent had a single warranty claim for engines themselves-yes the management is shit but the engines are strong-a japanese design by suzuki. hence why they are actually pretty good. we've had corsa c's in work b4 now where a coolant hose has bost,pissed coolant out everywhere and the engines have carried on going until customer one day checks under bonnet. the later family xe engines are strong.

come on guys...think about it. in reality its do-able to get the claimed output.

one day people laughed when u said u could get an xe in a corsa. people laughed at the thought of twin engined cars!! now theyre everywhere.
Nic Barnes

29th Dec 06 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
quote:

form 700cc!

DBilas might have spent as much money as Brabus, maybe, not sure though.

id suggest robin that this isnt a quickly thrown together kit
Dave A

29th Dec 06 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:

not a problem I am very succesfull I will gladly help you out

ok, its a deal. you must be better than me at these things.
Warren G

29th Dec 06 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

form 700cc!

just trying to give an example of a car small cc turbo, and way the 80bhp version can be chipped to 104bhp

and the 1.2 has 500cc more cc!

cc=power, but cc is not nessassly, just look at the americans big 8litre v8's, y 8litres????

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C 1.2 turbo conversion and various other DBilas turbo kit banter! 22 database queries in 0.2008190 seconds