corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Heater Unit lights - is this what I need?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Heater Unit lights - is this what I need?
damandblast

User status: Offline
28th Dec 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found this link on the site

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=38827

Have no heater unit lights at all, is it all down to a bulb behind the unit or is it something else? Heater and rear window demister do work just can't see the knobs, buttons or controls when its dark.

No display on the external temperature/clock unit either but suspect this was knackered by previous owner when he bodged the radio fitting. Am I right or is it connected to the heater light problem?

Di
deano87

28th Dec 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ermmm doubt it is connected to the heater problem. I cannot see my heater controls except the rear window light in the middle of the centre control but I can see my clock, temp etc.
damandblast

28th Dec 06 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant even see the rear window light on the centre knob when its on. and yes, I do know that I need to pull the thing to switch it on No light showing but rear window demister works fine.

Di
deano87

28th Dec 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There should be a light when not in use anyway, it's just not as bright. Do you have a Haynes manual you can look in?
damandblast

28th Dec 06 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep looking at it at the mo. Just need to understand it Good job there are lots of pictures.

Really just wasn't sure if I had diagnosed the problem right. Seemed a little to easy really. errrmmm not the fixing that sounds like a mare when you haven't a clue what your doing but the diagnosis bit.

Haynes also say that the bulb can go in the clock unit but.... I thought this was LED?

Di
Jules

28th Dec 06 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to the parts department I spoke to there is a frame that goes behind the dials that the bulbs are fixed to, he seemed to think that the bulbs are built into that and can't be replaced seperately - which is gay as I only need to replace one bulb, not taken it apart to have a look but I'm sure it can't be the way he described it!
V-Man

28th Dec 06 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had no lights in my knobs either (when i bought my car) to light the knobs up is just 3 little bulbs in the back of the unit. so theyve probably just blown. take it out (haynes manual) and replace them
V-Man

28th Dec 06 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by damandblast
Yep looking at it at the mo. Just need to understand it Good job there are lots of pictures.

Really just wasn't sure if I had diagnosed the problem right. Seemed a little to easy really. errrmmm not the fixing that sounds like a mare when you haven't a clue what your doing but the diagnosis bit.

Haynes also say that the bulb can go in the clock unit but.... I thought this was LED?

Di

n yea theres also two bulbs in the clock unit, you have to go to the garage for them i think as they have a special green holder stuck to them that connects to the circuit board.

New Poll